Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:57 AM Last edited by Fauntleroy : 31st Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there anyway to force the full screen game to add borders?
So I am playing UC, but I've always had this issue. My monitor is ultra wide, 2560x1080 (which as far as I know translates to 21:9 aspect ratio), and of course TS2 doesn't have an option for that in the resolution selection menu. I have to play the game in Windowed Mode or else it's stretched, and I usually always play it in whatever the biggest 3:4 ratio is (I think) because that takes up the most of my screen, but it isn't wide screen at all, all the 16:9 etc options are very small windows. I was wondering if there was some mod something I could do to adjust the resolution or window size or make my game work better with a 2560x1080 monitor. What I was thinking was is there a way to still play the game in full screen/wide screen but just have black borders instead of playing in windowed mode?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 1:40 AM
Try the new Graphics Rules Maker It's a new program designed to help you run Sims 2 on new monitors with resolutions not included in the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
Try the new Graphics Rules Maker It's a new program designed to help you run Sims 2 on new monitors with resolutions not included in the game.

Oh my goodness where have you been all my life! Words cannot express how grateful I am that you introduced me to this wonderful utility, It works perfectly and now my TS2 looks and runs perfectly on my shiny new wide monitor! :lovestruc