Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:31 AM Last edited by K47H3R1N3 : 16th Oct 2014 at 3:24 PM.
Default Tutorial for using TSRW and Blender together?
Is there one? I am so lost on where to begin, I've been looking on here as well as TSR, I think I understand the basics of what TSRW does and how to use it now but I'm having a hard time with Blender... For example, I can't even figure out how to configure the settings after reading the online manual. It seems extremely vague, For input, file paths and configuration it says what configuration may be best for what, but doesn't say how to enable/disable it or where I'd find it to do it. If that's how the whole manual is, I'm screwed.

The way I started using GIMP for more than just simple paint stuff a few years ago was by just figuring out how to do one thing through a simple thorough tutorial, and then after that basic understanding I scoured the manual and went from there. I was hoping I could do the same with Blender, but I can't seem to find a tutorial like that for TS3. That and the manual doesn't seem as thorough as GIMP. Does anyone have advice on what I should read to get started? Please also note that I'm dumb.

I don't know if this would help, but I was going to start with what I was thinking was a simple mesh edit, removing the suspenders from the otherwise pretty nice looking mens pants from Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. Is that actually really difficult to do?

EDIT: I finally found where to edit preferences, would it have killed someone to note where to find them in the manual? :P
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
Been a while since i tired but in the past Blender wasn't suitable for CAsparts as of the auto alliging normals on import/export.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Been a while since i tired but in the past Blender wasn't suitable for CAsparts as of the auto alliging normals on import/export.

I have GEOM plugins for import and export of files that I downloaded here, I think it's supposed to fix that problem... ? But I could be wrong, I have no confidence in my understanding of anything on this subject.