Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 6:46 PM
Default where I can download City hall building?
After playing for a while, somehow the city hall disappeared and also the school too, I have read someone else did , now mine 's gone.

Where can I get this buildings? Is it OK to put it there ?

Thanks
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 7:01 PM
Those buildings are community lot objects. To build a new city hall, just enter a community lot and plunk down the object.

It sounds a bit worrying though that objects disappear from your game just so.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 7:02 PM
The rabbitholes are buyable objects; just look in the buy catalogue on a community lot.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 1:38 PM
I dont' have that 2 building anymore, don't know why.
can I put Sunset buildings in Riverviews?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 5:23 PM
They have to be there. They came with the game. Did you look while in build mode? Remember, you have to be on a community lot for them to show in build mode.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:57 PM
thanks everyone , so far I lost City Hall, Spa, School .
Do you think that I put a lot of houses into the game that why the game capacity is limited. I did have a lot of children in the game, somehow my elder children had to move to another town, that what the game notice to me.

Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
They have to be there. They came with the game. Did you look while in build mode? Remember, you have to be on a community lot for them to show in build mode.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:30 PM
Did you actually try to put the buildings back? Did it work?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:27 AM Last edited by da12 : 18th Sep 2009 at 1:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Did you actually try to put the buildings back? Did it work?

I don't have the buiding , sorry, and seem the buildings keep disappear, now I dont have the army building, and hospital, my game is going down.

So probably, start square one again.

Warning

To all who like to download too many buildings, houses, or even the sims itself, the game will keep unload another end, I did have so many childrens in this game at Riverview also, the first family of 6 with small babies move out of town.
I have my sims have big family...

so from now I try to keep in a limit.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:41 AM
So .. if you enter an empty community lot, and select the community lot objects, those objects are disappearing from the catalogue? Or are they "only" disappearing from existing lots?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 1:28 AM
Yes the photo show empty lot too, come to think about it ,disappearing from existing lots, when you click to the town, it look empty, just see the lots. I found out when the sim walk by,
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 1:46 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Sep 2009 at 11:36 PM.
What photo do you mean?

Are the objects still in your catalogue?

Please read our posts again (mine, whiterider's, Canoodle's) and let us know if there is something you don't understand.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:11 AM
thank you for all your reply, what I know is if you create more things in the game, the game has some limit for the item you put in in, I mean the capacity, in Buy Mode , yes, lots of things still in there.
The building is gone are hospital, school, spa , city hall.
I do understand what you guy said, but my game is unusual than everyone, I made too many sims in this town,also I put a lot of new small house into the empty house lots .

The game keep post on the upper left hand corner that , the family of .... has move out of town, something was very wrong, people kept disappearing from the town as my family are growing, lately those building lots were empty.

oh , the photo is not a photo, I try to tell you when u click to sims go there, it show empty , just the floor .
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:33 AM
Which exact game version do you have? Sims moving out of town was standard game behaviour until patch 1.3.

You still haven't told us whether the buildings show up in your catalogue or not .. or is that what you mean by "lots of things still in there"?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:09 AM
what is catalogue?
OK, when u click at the Icon on the left for bird eyes view, I just see the floor.
My sims 3 has no patch, just original , and it was fine , I play as it is, patch always screw me up.

Buy Mode, there are things , seem everythings suppose to be are still there.
Nothing change in Buy Mode , if you want to know.

PS explain Catalogue please, I try to write English, not my primary language.
Sorry!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:52 AM
If you don't have a patch, then your sims will be moving out of town. You need to patch your game.

With the catalogue I mean this:

This is where the community lot buildings are. Does the school, town hall etc. show up for you?

If it does, you can replace the missing buildings simply by placing a new one. Then your game is not broken (but maybe your neighbourhood is corrupt – if the objects simply vanish from lots, that's not a good sign).

If you don't have a school, town hall, etc in this menu, that would mean your game has serious issues.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 5:55 PM
thank so much, for all the reply.

OH mind, I don't have that BOX.
I think my game is cashing out on ME. Yes, corrupt for sure, even my sim home in the town, some of the wall is missing, I found out when I save the house for share, my friend got it without the wall.

Please tell me How to patch the game, I will remove my game and put a new one.

By the way, I download your house too, Plasticbox
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by da12
OH mind, I don't have that BOX.

What do you mean by "box"? In an empty community lot, you don't see that icon (the one that I've marked pink in my screenshot)?

Please tell me How to patch the game, I will remove my game and put a new one.

For patching issues, see the "Patch Issues" sticky here in Sims 3 help.

For uninstallation instructions, see here: uninstall instructions (EA)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 10:43 PM Last edited by da12 : 18th Sep 2009 at 10:53 PM.
[QUOTE=plasticbox]What do you mean by "box"? In an empty community lot, you don't see that icon (the one that I've marked pink in my screenshot)?

I look at your photo, I don't have the icon one u circle.

I don't have that ICON at all , why?

I am never update Sim 3 before. I download version 1.17 , 1.32 and 1.4
all of them said below, I did move MOD out from the game before I update.

I try to update Patch, not successful , it said ,

he setup had detect the install game region for this update is in correct
the update require a different game region in order to be install

By the way, I setup new game, and still at Build or buy mode , don't have the Catalogue .

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:09 PM
Where did you get your Sims 3 game?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:26 PM
I look at your photo, I don't have the icon one u circle.

I don't have that ICON at all , why?

Are you positive you are in a community lot? As in, a lot that you don't build regular houses on, but where you'd build schools? In fact, an easier way to test if that image is there is to go into one of the pre-existing lots. Have you got a diner/restaurant still? Go into that lot. Go into 'build mode'. Is that picture there?

I am never update Sim 3 before. I download version 1.17 , 1.32 and 1.4 all of them said below, I did move MOD out from the game before I update.

I try to update Patch, not successful , it said "he setup had detect the install game region for this update is in correct the update require a different game region in order to be install."

That means you've already updated it. If you're pressing 'yes' when those pop-up boxes appear sometimes with the launcher (when you start your game), that's updating it. Think back to the last time you pressed 'yes', or the time before that even (it would have been about a month or ago, maybe a little longer). Was this issue there before then, or did it start happening after you pressed 'yes'? Also, what mods have you got? Any major ones? I'm not sure if this will be of much use, but it can't hurt to know.

By the way, I setup new game, and still at Build or buy mode , don't have the Catalogue.

That *is* the catalogue. Whatever is in build or buy mode - trees, tables, beds, walls...whatever - is what the catalogue is. It's just a broader term for 'build and buy mode'. So yes, you do have a catalogue.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:26 PM
haylz320, I believe the patch issue is because the OP is trying to apply a patch for the wrong region (you can't patch a worldwide (region 2) game with a US (region 1) patch, etc). That's why canoodle asked them *where* they bought the game.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:36 PM
Ahh, okay. That would make sense. I knew the game shipped for different regions, I just didn't really think about the patches like that. Makes sense though

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:59 PM
I click build Mode but don't see that ICON.

Sometime I cannot answer your questions, cuz I don't know the answer. Sorry!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:01 AM
Okay. Can you please answer Canoodle's question about where you got your game?

Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:05 AM
I click build Mode but don't see that ICON.

Sometime I cannot answer your questions, cuz I don't know the answer. Sorry!

But are you clicking build mode on a community lot?

For eg: Go to the park in the center of the map from the "edit neighbourhood" screen. Then go into build mode. Now do you see Plasticbox' icon?
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: No support for warez.
Page 1 of 2