Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:11 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 12th Apr 2007 at 8:14 PM. Reason: removed attachments
Default Original The sims 1 For the Sims 2
After the long wait for the completion of Timewarp TS1 for TS2 and no end in sight, I decided to pick up the dropped torch and start the project anew. Hopefully StoneKrush will work with me or let me work with him to complete either of these projects. Either way I will be finishing this. So far I have 5 lots done from the original Sims 1. They are 5 Sim Lane, 6 Sim Lane 7 Sim Lane, 9 Sim Lane, 10 Sim Lane. 7 Sim Lane includes the original Newbies curtesy of StonKrush. 5 Sim Lane has the original Goth's courtesy of NH Rockstar. More lots to come. *( UPDATE )* 2 Sim Lane.05/31/05 *(MAJOR UPDATE)* REDOWNLOAD ALL LOTS I've updated all the lots with the corect walls and floors from the original Sims game. Ep may be required for some costum content (Doors) to show up. 07\01\05

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:18 AM
yay! i've been waiting and waiting on time warp...i've already remade the family i used to have in lot 10 and i'll be moving them in ASAP
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2005 at 8:13 AM
Yay! Again! Thanks a bunch! Waiting 20 or more days without response from Stone on Time Warp was getting really boring! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st May 2005 at 8:35 AM
Man, those are some sweet creations. Allow me to express my gratitude to those involved in its completion.. WOOT!

Dauphin
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st May 2005 at 8:48 AM
I am having trouble getting these to download correctly. I get an error message:
1 MTS2_67731_KHLVH_5_Sim_Lane.rar: The file "5 Sim Lane.Sims2Pack" header is corrupt
2 MTS2_67731_KHLVH_5_Sim_Lane.rar: Unknown method in 5 Sim Lane.Sims2Pack
3 MTS2_67731_KHLVH_5_Sim_Lane.rar: No files to extract

Any ideas?

~Dauphin~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st May 2005 at 8:50 AM Last edited by KHLVH : 31st May 2005 at 9:02 AM.
Dauphin, I downloaded the file myself with no problems, I don't know what to tell you. Try again later. (EDIT) OK, I just finished downloading all 5 files to my desktop and unpacked them, They all seem fine, The problem must be on your end. Again the only thing I suggest is try again.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2005 at 9:12 AM
KHFF2 In answer to your question in Stone's thread, just what kind of help can you offer? I could use some help with original sims object creation, wallpapers and floors, or sims. Post back to let me know.

Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2005 at 11:09 AM Last edited by Cloud Brain : 31st May 2005 at 11:13 AM.
Thanks for taking up the project KHLVH. It's appreciated.

Also, a link for the Original Sims One Neighbourhood. It's the one called Simville N99.

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/elston...v/edterriv.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st May 2005 at 5:36 PM Last edited by KHLVH : 31st May 2005 at 5:38 PM.
Thanks Cloud Brain, That's the one I'm currently using now , but It's out of scale. I'm trying to remake one that's to scale, but the limitations of SC4 are causing problems , so I've put that on hold till I finish all the lots and I can devote the full time to the neighborhood map. ( And I wonder why my fiance calls me anal? )

Test Subject
#10 Old 31st May 2005 at 5:45 PM
Yeah, I noticed it was out of proportion a while ago. It looks like you're not meant to see the southern area o_o.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KHLVH
After the long wait for the completion of Timewarp TS1 for TS2 and no end in sight, I decided to pick up the dropped torch and start the project anew. Hopefully StoneKrush will work with me or let me work with him to complete either of these projects. Either way I will be finishing this. So far I have 5 lots done from the original Sims 1. They are 5 Sim Lane, 6 Sim Lane 7 Sim Lane, 9 Sim Lane, 10 Sim Lane. 7 Sim Lane includes the original Newbies curtesy of StonKrush. 5 Sim Lane has the original Goth's courtesy of NH Rockstar. More lots to come.

This is looking good. Just one quick comment though, the Goth house should be on a small hill

Leiv Eiriksson was first - Christoffer Columbus used a Viking map!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:10 PM
awsome job so far looks excellent
Inventor
#13 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:30 AM
Just a quick question lol The characters you've made so far haven't met any neighbors or anyone else in your game have they? Like in other words their memories should be clear of having met anyone so as not to clog up space with stuff. I just want to make sure before I download the houses with families.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:42 AM Last edited by KHFF2 : 1st Jun 2005 at 1:06 AM.
I'm more of a novice when it comes to creating objects, floors and wallpapers, etc. The one thing I could do is search deep on Google and find some websites that have TS1 floors, objects, wallpapers, etc. I know some websites do, and I have visited them. Sorry, but I don't remember which ones they are. I'm thinking that you have the houses and sims down, and all that you really need help with are the older objects and stuff. I'll try my hardest to try and find those websites that had them. I hope this wasn't a disappointment to you, but I seriously am not that experienced when it comes to creating things. I just follow those darn tutorials, which are a big help.

P.S. Google Rules! :google: By the way, any suggestions on what I should search for? I just thought searching for these things would take some time away from your schedule, so I could take the job! Which families do you need skins of also? So, again, any suggestions on searching? It's kind of hard to search for these things, when with these kind of things you search specifically. Like: Sims 1 Objects for Sims 2, etc. Thanks! ( I may not be able to help with making the people, so anyone can take that job for me. I am mainly just looking for where you can get these different things you need.) And also, would you please list exactly what you need. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 4:48 AM Last edited by KHLVH : 1st Jun 2005 at 4:52 AM.
1. Cloud Brain, The area of the map that is out of scale is the original Sims neighborhood no exps. It's too big. 2. TheVikingSim, The house is on a hill, I spent hours sculpting the lot to match the original. The picture just does'nt do it justice. 3. LoveAngelDanielle, Thank you for your kind words! 4. Greenlea, In answer to your question, no I haven't had them meet anyone yet, I'm going to wait till I finish all the lots and families, and the map, then I'll work on doing all the relationships. 5. KHFF2, I really need the wallpapers and the floors the most right now. The other stuff can wait a little bit yet. 6. To everyone else, Thank You

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 6:53 AM
Great! I've begun searching...and I've found a few websites. There is this really good one, but I'm going to have to see which wallpapers I'm going to need. Good luck to all, and may the simmish force be with you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Mikeyboo : 1st Jun 2005 at 5:07 PM.
Is right ! It's great to see somone who is dedicated enough to continue this project (yeh you stupid frog Stonekrush !) lol just kidding. Im sureeee he's buisy with his "baby" and all. Nah im being insensative. Im sure he has been buisy so im just glad somone is carrying it on. btw Stone if your reading this I hope you can continue your project 'cause this guys killing you ! Go you and goodluck with completing the neighbourhood. I'm ok at making clothes and id happily make you any you need, if you want i'll make the actual sims if anyone can supply me with their personality points, bio's and a pic of them id be very grateful, unfortonoutley i can't do it myself 'cause ive lost my original ts1 disk which is a pooper 'cause i was gunna have a go at it myself but maybe it wasnt meant to be -sigh- but i'll help you make clothes ! just pm me if you want my help and if not, i'll keep supporting the project !

Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star, but I can't love you this much baby, and love you from this far
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:47 PM
I just went on the Sims and got the Personality points:

Ginia Kat: Claire Charming: Brad Burb:

Neat- 8 Neat- 2 Neat- 4
Outgoing- 2 Outgoing- 7 Outgoing- 5
Active- 5 Active- 4 Active- 7
Playful- 4 Playful- 4 Playful- 5
Nice- 6 Nice- 8 Nice- 4

Tiffany Burb: Johnny Burb: Mama Hick:

Neat- 8 Neat- 1 Neat- 2
Outgoing- 4 Outgoing- 6 Outgoing- 4
Active- 6 Active- 7 Active- 2
Playful- 3 Playful- 5 Playful- 7
Nice-4 Nice- 6 Nice- 6

Gunther Goth: Cornelia Goth: Mortimer Goth:

Neat- 10 Neat- 8 Neat- 4
Outgoing- 5 Outgoing- 4 Outgoing- 6
Active- 7 Active- 5 Active- 4
Playful- 1 Playful- 2 Playful- 7
Nice- 6 Nice- 6 Nice- 4

Bella Goth: Cassandra Goth: Elden Hick:

Neat- 7 Neat- 7 Neat- 0
Outgoing- 3 Outgoing- 2 Outgoing- 5
Active- 5 Active- 5 Active- 7
Playful- 3 Playful- 7 Playful- 8
Nice- 7 Nice- 4 Nice- 5

Frankie Mashuga: Sylvia Mashuga:

Neat- 2 Neat- 4
Outgoing- 7 Outgoing- 5
Active- 5 Active- 4
Playful- 5 Playful- 5
Nice- 6 Nice- 7

They are all accurate, and I hope these help! (They are in the correct order also, but the names are scrunched together! Sorry! :Slap: )
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Mikeyboo : 2nd Jun 2005 at 12:48 AM.
Oh when i tried to put the Goths lot in the neighbourhood (The one named ed_simville, can't remember where i got it from but im sure its the one everyone uses) It wouldn't go /anywhere/ on there side of Sim lane ?? I don't know if this happened to anyone else but you know, just thought id say. Also, if i were you i wouldn't take time sculpting the lots and making them big ole things. In Ts1 the newbies didnt have all that much money, in your version of them theyve got 30,000 ! What's with that ?

ahh don't worry about it little guy ! This will help a bunch, ive already made Betty's outfit, I decided to keep Bob's one made by K, Daniel Pleasants (as a kid), Im gunna make Jennifer's soon, But im not too concerned about the outfits its the actual character image im interested in, if K wants to make the houses i'll happily supply the families =D btw thanks for the personalities. I don't know wether to use the hair the game used for Betty Newbie or use one that looks more accurate to ts1. Any suggestions ?

Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star, but I can't love you this much baby, and love you from this far
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:30 AM Last edited by KHFF2 : 2nd Jun 2005 at 4:03 AM.
I really think making Betty's hair from TS1 would look better. In TS1, her hair was more of a purpilish color, from what I see, and it had a flip in the back. So, sorry if I'm pushing even more time on to your schedule, but I think her hair from TS1 would make it look more accurate. Thanks!

P.S.- Sadly, I am having no luck finding floors and walls. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still gonna try and search.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 4:23 AM
I looked on the official sims 2 site and found out a couple of lots by TazziannaLuck containing walls and floors from TS1, here they are:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...untry=&view=new
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...&user_id=610328
Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 5:31 AM
I don't believe that the mansion had a willoe tree in the middle of the pool. Im pretty sure it was a dolphion. You can find it on the sim2.com. Can sombody confirm that it was a dolphin?

"If you can't be a team player, at least be a shield".-Pvt. Gregory O' Malley
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:32 AM
Default 2 Sim Lane Mansion.
How did you get the willow tree in the middle of the pool? Did you use the "moveObjects on" cheat? From the picture it looks like the tree is floating in the middle of the pool. If you are interested in correcting it so it doesen't look like the tree is sitting on top of the water you can check out MikeInside's pool tutorials. That's how I created the island in the middle of the pool. Here is the link. http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/

I learned a lot from him. I used his tutorials to recolor the walls of the toxic waste pool in my recreation of Shiny Things Labs from The Sims: Bustin' Out. I've recreated all of the lots from Bustin' Out, but none of the characters. I have all of their personalities on paper. I'm just too busy with work and playing Pleasantview to create them.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:34 AM Last edited by KHFF2 : 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:41 AM.
Thanks simgrl04! That saved me some time. I must have searched wrong on thesims2.com, because I didn't find the homes with the floors and walls. Anyways...Splinter, to answer your question, that tree in the middle of the pool was just for decoration. I personally thought it made the pool look better, so from there on I started making pools with trees in the middle of them! Are you trying to ask if the the tree was a dolphin? I don't think that tree's are sea-swimming mammals...but, I may need to search up on that. Or, are you asking if the tree wasn't a willow and was a "dolphin" tree? I'm confused! :confused: Sorry, I'm not a tree expert, so maybe there is such thing as a "Dolphin Tree." I think my answer was totally wrong! Are you talking about the mansion in TS1? (Sorry guys! This is totally off-topic. Just trying to answer Splinter's question.) Thanks!

February 25, 2006- THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
Coldplay: Twisted Logic Tour: Houston, TX

Concert Ticket...$160
T-Shirt...$35
Poster...$10
Keychain...$10
Program...$20
Having the best time of your life...PRICELESS!

Coldplay= Awesomness!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 8:06 AM
I know, I know, double-post...but, just wanted to comment. Yeah, I used lots of his tutorials, and they were really helpful. Oh, Yay! 50th post! Finally, a lab assistant. Haha! Yes, Master!?!? Sorry, just trying to humor myself. Sigh, I'm going to bed...it's 2 AM over here in Texas.
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: ancient thread
Page 1 of 8