Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 10:35 AM
Default Laptop for playing (and recording) Sims 2
So, I'm looking for a not too pricey laptop (best would be if it's less than 400€, or leastways less than 500€), which can run Sims 2 Ultimate Collection with a fair amount of cc fluently.
Since I primarily want to use it to make machinimas, it shouldn't lag while recording (with fraps), even on big lots with a lot of furniture and more than 8 sims.
I already searched on amazon & ebay, but... I'm too clueless about that stuff.

These are the specs of my current PC. It can run Sims 2 UC with ~5,7 GB downloads pretty well (mostly), but on said lots, it lags a lot, especially when recording.
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p6-2034de
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/21/2011 CUP_714.rom Ver: 7.14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4000MB RAM
Page File: 3258MB used, 4740MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

:D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 11:23 AM
Your CPU is fine for the sims 2. I would just add a GPU to your current desktop. Maybe replace the PSU if it isn't powerful enough. 50 EUR for PSU, 150 EUR for GPU. You could probably even just get a 100 EUR GPU if you're only ever going to play The Sims 2 and never The Sims 4/3. Get another 4GB of RAM as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Your CPU is fine for the sims 2. I would just add a GPU to your current desktop. Maybe replace the PSU if it isn't powerful enough. 50 EUR for PSU, 150 EUR for GPU. You could probably even just get a 100 EUR GPU if you're only ever going to play The Sims 2 and never The Sims 4/3. Get another 4GB of RAM as well.

I need a new computer (laptop) though, my current one is struggling to function properly But thanks anyway!

Scholar
#4 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smaalo
I need a new computer (laptop) though, my current one is struggling to function properly But thanks anyway!

What do you mean "struggling"? If it's struggling because you don't have enough GPU power and enough RAM, then once you add that, problem solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
What do you mean "struggling"? If it's struggling because you don't have enough GPU power and enough RAM, then once you add that, problem solved.

Well, I probably have a virus on my computer, so I'd rather get a completely new one.