Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:16 PM
Default Still playing or playing again?
I started playing this again after a long hiatus. I had played it quite a bit when I first bought it, but never got much past the first ambition. I have now discovered a new appreciation for the game. It is too bad that it was not received well by the general simming public. I suspect it was because what most people had wanted at the time was a sims game like the other sims games, but with a medieval theme, and this was not what they expected.

I started playing again and am finding aspects of the game that I had not noticed with my first go. What is the experience of those of you who are still playing?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 8:25 AM
I've only just recently gotten some of the Sims 3 games. Playing them really makes me want to play Medieval again. We moved recently and I haven't finished unpacking, I'll have to go through my boxes and find my game to play again. I miss it, there was always so much to do!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 5:44 PM
I started playing again after being bored with 3 and 4. The funny thing is I have an appreciation for Medieval this time that I did not have the first time.
I never got much past New Beginnings the first time, and this time, I am progressing in the ambitions.

I am playing vanilla, except for a mod to remove the blurs. It is the first thing I do whenever I get a new sims game, since I find the censor mosaics to be as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard. I found some nice skins and some additional CC, and am up for the challenges.

My theory as to why it didn't do well and only got one expansion pack, was that people were expecting a sims game with the same gameplay as the other games, but with a medieval setting, occupations and clothing. This has the setting, occupations, and clothing, but with different aspects to gameplay. Some of the gameplay is so nuanced that it is not appreciated at first attempts to play.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 8:42 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 27th Mar 2016 at 9:11 PM.
I got back in to the game fairly recently. I was so disappointed in Sims 4 and sims medieval cost $7 on origin, I thought it was worth a try. I remember feeling disappointed back when it was released. As I recall, it was in the middle of Sims 3 and we were hoping that it would be a medieval pack for Sims 3. My computer can't handle Sims 3 right now and Sims 4 is so boring.

I am surprised how much I love it. I could play it even without mods, but I have added default replacements and Grimms mod.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 6:51 AM
I play it every now and then
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:50 PM
I think its original poor reception was EA's fault for not properly preparing the public. but as I play it again now I realize what a great undertaking it was to write all the scenarios with multiple outcomes depending on which hero is used and the choices. As I said I am playing vanilla with the exception of a censor remover and some anatomical skins, and a few hair and clothing that I found and added. As I get achievement points I am getting a kick out of new items that are unlocked.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 1:03 AM
I'm back, simply for the same reason as jmtmom. I have been greatly discouraged by Sims 4 - I just find it boring I lose interest quickly. I forgot how much I loved this game back when it first came out!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 8:43 AM
I want to try to play it again. I liked it a lot but did not like that you had to start over each time. I had to do a factory reset of my computer so need to reinstall it and I wonder if I can use my old saves or not? I tried once and there was some issue with securerom even though I have a hard copy of the game. I may try again as I loved the graphics and the music.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I want to try to play it again. I liked it a lot but did not like that you had to start over each time. I had to do a factory reset of my computer so need to reinstall it and I wonder if I can use my old saves or not? I tried once and there was some issue with securerom even though I have a hard copy of the game. I may try again as I loved the graphics and the music.

Not sure if your old saves will work. I had taken it off my computer completely and found that my discs, although they seemed to install fine, would not open the game after installing. I downloaded a new copy for 19.99 from Origin. After I did that I found out that there is a way to download a digital copy of the game without additional cost by entering your registration codes on the discs.

So I spent an unnecessary 20 bucks, but for the amount of pleasure I am getting, it was a bargain. It would cost me more than that to go to a movie, with the cost of the ticket and the popcorn, and after it is over, it is over.

As far as repeating the same quests, the quests are the same, but different in that a different character can be used with different traits, and different choices made during the quest.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2016 at 11:25 PM
That is good to know. I may have to do that and see if I can do the digital download. I do want to try it again.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2016 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Cho de Gier : 7th Jun 2016 at 9:21 AM.
Still playing, although I had problems with my new laptop did not know how get te game working again.
But then I decided to register it on the Sims 3 site and downloaded it game since orgin automatically play my game dropped when I game have registered and since it runs like a charm. And I play Skyrim a lot of time because now I finley find out how I get those accursed mods of GOT running. GOT is My favo book serie and Tv serie.

Instructor
#12 Old 17th May 2016 at 8:21 PM
I'm currently playing TSM and Skyrim. I like trying to recreate my favorite sims in Skyrim, but it is far from easy. I want some more sliders and a colour wheel, dammit!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 7:24 PM
Just got the game a few days ago and honestly I'm addicted. I know a lot of people say there's little replay ability but I think of it like Spore. If you choose th same things, go the same paths, then yeah there's not alot. But if you do a different unique path each time it has quit a lot.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:30 AM
I'm playing again. I hope Xeny and Chickie are still around.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I'm currently playing TSM and Skyrim. I like trying to recreate my favorite sims in Skyrim, but it is far from easy. I want some more sliders and a colour wheel, dammit!

I know this is a bit off-topic, but the Racemenu mod by Expired over on the Skyrim Nexus adds both colorwheels (for skins, hairs, makeup and everything else) and plenty of in-depth facial and body sliders