Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 12:28 AM
Default Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss
So, I wanted to make a Katniss sim and originally I was just going to make her as I saw her in my head, but I've seen too many pictures of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss so I decided to just model her after the film version. I've never attempted to recreate a celebrity before so I was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks in advance for any advice
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:57 AM Last edited by janekrahe : 15th Mar 2012 at 7:19 AM.
So, I worked on her a little more, and this is what I have so far. I feel like this is closer but I'm not sure it's close enough.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:15 AM
Hi! Good start!
Some thoughts to balance the face proportions:
- eyes bigger a bit
- rise the nose, mouth and chin
- rise the cheeks a bit
- make the brows more rounded
- lower lips less full and in "V" shape
- change the eyes. I think theese will be better; I think you'll have to use this slidder to the eyes effect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:27 AM
Thanks for the tips! I tried to follow them and I downloaded the contacts. I also took the screenshots with default skin and hair, not my custom stuff. Is this closer?
Screenshots
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:18 AM
Oh, great!
Could you put the two pics (real and sim) together, in the same picture, side by side? It will make more easy the comparison of the face sculpting.
I think you could narrow the head a bit.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:06 PM
I would suggest moving the apex of her upper eyelids slightly in toward her nose, and also to perhaps to use the nasolabial crease slider the teeniest bit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:24 AM
I'm having some trouble with my game crashing, I think I might have too much CC lol. So I'm going to clean it out and go back to working on her tomorrow. Thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can make her look closer. I didn't realize what a unique face Jennifer had until I was staring at it and trying to replicate it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:48 AM
Oh my gosh, the nasolabial crease thing was brilliant. I always forget that slider is there because it has the habit of making Sims look older. But it really worked for her. She has such round cheeks, and it's difficult to capture that without making her look heavier than she is. How's this?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:43 AM
I think she's coming along nicely. She does have very round cheeks, and it is hard to get them looking right. Maybe fiddle a bit with the shape of them? Try the face profile slider, just to see if it will push the bottom part of her face out the slight bit that it looks like it needs. The actress's jawline is more angled and her chin shorter. I don't believe Sims 3 has a slider to affect just the back of the jaw, but you should be able to accomplish some of that effect just by shortening her chin and widening her jaw a very little.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
Okay so, I tried widening her jaw but even the tiniest bit of it made it look too wide. But I raised her chin a little and tweaked around with her cheeks.
Screenshots
Inventor
#11 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:41 PM
I think you've done her facial features very well. The nose and mouth is pretty good. The jaw can be a little less wide though..
The biggest problem are her eyes. On the real person they look much colder while on the sim they look to doll like. Also the color is all wrong. They are more greyish and darker. Her pupil is also smaller. I think you should also pull the eyes closer together.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM Last edited by ameenah.n.y : 25th Mar 2012 at 8:25 PM.
It's easier when you edit the images to be adjacent like this:

- Decrease Eye Scale
- Decrease Eye Shape and/or Eye Width
- Decrease Iris Size
- Decrease Pupil Size
- Eye Color should be less saturated, darker, and closer to a gray-green
- Decrease Eyelash Length
- Decrease Eye Distance

- Decrease Brow Height
- Maybe Decrease Brow Curve
- Slightly Rotate Eyebrows Out

- Slightly Decrease Upper Lip Width or Decrease Tip Width
- Increase Lower Lip Width

- Rotate Ears Slightly Out
- Increase Ear Scale

I would recommend downloading all of aWT's sliders here, with the exception of the hat sliders and pupil shapes unless you need them: http://www.mediafire.com/?8y29l7pucaq6k

That's a pay hair by Newsea, but there are better choices for hair, anyway.

I think Anubis' conversion of Nouk's Side Braid is the closest free hair: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379119
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:26 PM
Is this better?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:28 PM
Wow, that looks so much better! I like the new eyes that you chose.

I still think that her eyes a tad too big, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:31 PM
I agree, but it seems like when I try to go smaller, they look TOO small. But I'll try it and see if it's just me being too cautious.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:34 PM
Actually, before I do that - when you say 'smaller' do you mean smaller over all or thinner?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:34 PM
*Smaller overall, I think.

I see that you're using Ephemera's skin. You don't have to, but you might just want to test out these two non-defaults to see if they look any better.

http://geldyh.dreamwidth.org/12325.html
http://geldyh.dreamwidth.org/7361.html

They both use Ephemera as a base, but the nostrils and eyelids are slightly different as well as overall shading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:40 PM
I've used both of those skins before and they're a little too smooth for my taste. I chose the Ephemera one because of the smattering of freckles it has, because I couldn't find any custom freckles that I liked enough to use, and she has some freckles.

Better?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:57 PM
I would:
- Decrease Iris Size if you have the eye sliders, they look too large.
- Lower Outer Eye Corner Height
- Try Decrease Eye Length
- Decrease Chin Width
- Maybe lower her nose bridge a tad
- If you have the upper lip sliders, I would decrease the outer curve
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:02 PM
I don't have any sliders that effect the iris of the eye, but those eyes are contacts, so would those kind of sliders even work on them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:47 PM
Ok so I downloaded the iris slider and checked, and it doesn't affect contacts. I suppose I could change them and go with defaults, since then I wouldn't NEED to use contacts to make her iris and pupil smaller. But first, I applied the other changes you suggested.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 10:04 PM
I can't get the iris slider to work on default eyes either. So I think I'll have to just go with those contacts.
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 12:37 AM
Great start! I think the nose - especially the nasal bridge - needs to be thinner; the nose tip turned down a tiny bit. More V in center of upper lip - increase definition - and bottom lip wider side to side. The width top to bottom looks spot on to me. There's just a bit too much space between the nose and mouth. You might want to raise it just a little, then adjust the chin to compensate. Try raising the cheekbones a little, shortening the chin and making it a bit less square. The eye color looks to be in the right range but is a little too intense. Can you make it more gray? I'll be looking forward to an update!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:12 AM
How's this?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:01 AM
I think the nose actually looked closer in the previous post.

- Bring the eyes much closer together
- Change the direction of the upper apex
- shorten the nose
- lower the nostril height
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info for sim creators
Page 1 of 2