Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Holy Smoke modular stairs

by Numenor Posted 12th Mar 2005 at 9:28 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2007 at 10:59 PM by Numenor : Fixed in-text images

143 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 137 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Forum Resident
#26 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 6:08 PM Last edited by Fat D : 13th Mar 2005 at 6:15 PM.
i thought the same because like the railing, it's solid color.

but when i changed it, nothing happened. I'll look at it again. my recolors ARE screwed, since alpha channels are gone when saving.

EDIT: i looked and it somehow reverted back. but the transparency problem remains.
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 8:42 PM
I loce the stairs mate
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 1:05 AM
Wow, these stairs look gorgeous!!! Can't wait to try them out. Thank you so much, they definitely will add more colours to the game!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:09 AM
Numenor, you are really an awesome modder and so kind and polite, thanks for contributing.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#30 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:14 AM
Well it's about damn time. LOL!

Seriously, he's been chasing after recoloring this set of stairs for the longest time. Big round of applause to Numenor. Excellent work.

RG
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 8:03 AM
Thank you guys, that's why I do it! :D
RGiles, you're right, you know how long I tried, and tried, to no avail. The other object that drove me mad was the wedding cake, but this is a definitely abandoned project: it's too a long job to do, only to have a green wedding cake that nobody would eat...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 9:44 AM
Thank you soooooooooo much ! I've been hoping for that since the beggining. They are the only stairs my Sims never get stucked with (when another Sims is just in front of him).

Very grateful for that and for the rest Numenor ! :bow:
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM
I am so happy to be able to have different colours for these stairs. Just tried them out in my house with eleven staircases, and the result was worth every click on every step .... thanks.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 3:29 AM
Thank you so much!

These are the only stairs I ever use indoors (because they're never in the way)

They look wonderful! Though coming from you, there was never doubt that they would...

Thanks again
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 10:21 AM
Well, this really helps. Finally some variety available in the stairs! Nice job too, thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:54 PM
Thank you everybody for your positive feedback
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:59 PM
Thank you so much Numenor! I used the stairs in the game and I loved the result.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 3:07 PM
GREAT JOB!

now that recolouring works (the version of SimPE i used before was somehow broken), i finally have matching stairs for the metal fence!
I'll make them the default color ^^
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:20 AM Last edited by furtivestar : 25th Mar 2005 at 9:10 AM. Reason: update
I love these stairs! This is fantastic! And mean every single exclamation point. Downloading :D

Just letting you know that these work great in my game, and I am thrilled with them. Thanks again. And, as reported, they live confortably beside Brasstex' stairs.
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 9:52 AM
woohoo - Numeror, you're definitely the greatest!!!! *happy bunny dance*
Thank you very much for your hard work - it's much appreciated
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 2:14 PM
I love it! I have made one recolor - it looks good to my furniture...
Numenor - you are the best!!! :D
Screenshots

~~~~~german girl~~~~~
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Numenor : 17th Mar 2005 at 4:09 PM.
Angel, your recolour is wonderful, it looks so warm and confortable...!
(After a little searching) What?! Haven't you already shared it in the recolour forum? Do it now! I need to download your stairs! :D

You can post it in the New Objects Recolours forum, providing a link to this thread (your have to inform the users that the recolour needs my package to work); or you can post you recolour in this thread, if you like.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:26 AM
These are so awesome! Thank you so much, these are the only stairs I use and I've been starving for some variety!
Angel, please post your recolour, I love it! Great job.

Thanks again Numenor!

Jules
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:42 AM
Done! I`ve post it on the Recolors-Forum here!
Thanks for the compliments!

Lucifers Angel
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 3:10 PM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Mar 2005 at 3:17 PM.
I've added to Post #1 a TEMPLATE that can be useful to understand the UV mapping of the texture.
As you might notice, the part of the texture that correspond to the railing *is* the rectangle in the upper left corner... I don't know why FatD had problem in recolouring it.
Notice also that the green part corresponds to the metal bar just under the step. I couldn't find in the final staircase the orange or the purple parts of the texture... If you find it, tell me
http://www.modthesims2.com/attachme...achmentid=43616

Forum Resident
#47 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 3:50 PM
Nomenor, it works now. somehow SimPE didn't save it. when i got 30 it worked, the alpha channel problems are gone, too
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 4:02 PM
thast so cool thx
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:53 PM
Numenor you are great! :-) Perhaps you can see the orange part if you recolor the glas???
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Mar 2005 at 8:20 PM.
No, Angel, the glass is the white part (in the snapshot, the glass was recoloured, too).
Maybe it's the vertical (hidden) surface between the glass and the metal...

EDIT:
No, I was wrong: both the orange and the purple part are under the step (the picture shows a step upside down).
Screenshots

Page 2 of 6