Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:03 PM
Default Object Placement from wall to surface.
Question is "where is the flag to control wall placement in the package file?

I'm working on the side with tomb build objects. Making some new pushable statues and such.

Right now I am making Inscription plaques that go on the floor or surfaces not on walls... I's so annoyed that my tombs have all these plaques everywhere.

The idea is to make a

1 the defaults as surface inscription plaques
2 a book (French surface Inscription Plaque)
3 a stack of papyrus (Egyptian surface Inscription Plaque)
4 a scroll (Chinese Inscription Plaque)
5 a magazine (New default surface Inscription Plaque)

Problem is i can't get the object to be not flagged for walls. So upon moving the footprint and such it now is INSIDE the wall and cannot be placed at all without the move objects cheat.

Where is the Wall placement flag at? AS this object needs to keep all its insides as is to allow tomb functions and such i cant overwrite another object, that would fix placement but make the object just clutter.

attached is the bject in game using move cheat...
Screenshots

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:31 PM
OBJD Unknown9 flag value 0x00000002 denotes requires wall. I am still looking for the one that then allows free placement with Alt.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:38 PM Last edited by ashillion : 12th Mar 2010 at 7:55 PM.
cool beans! thanx a ton...

Just did the change! awesome!!!!!!

this will be so great to create stories to the tombs.

Guess I'll start here...
#4 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:42 PM
I have now found that if you turn off all flags in Unknown9, the object will rotate freely with Alt. I guess I should try to narrow it down a little.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 9:25 PM
By chance do you know what controls an object being seen in "map view". it's somewhat related to my project.

i now have a working plaque and am making the textures for the papyrus and the scoll

Guess I'll start here...
#6 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 9:39 PM
No sorry, I don't know many of them at all, unfortunately.