Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:53 AM
Default Not again...
Happens EVERY time I send a teen to college. The game doesn't register them as YA, and they keep getting teen things popping up. Tybalt Capp can't get a job because 'his grades need to improve'
Dx
This is why I hate Uni. >.>

Has something like this ever happened to you?

//endrant//
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:54 AM
I usually go into a family lot and physically have the teen go to college (with the family waving goodbye etc) and then when I put them in a dorm or a house in uni they always age up to Young Adult.

However I did send one teen to sim the other week using the "Send to college" option in the University hood and when I put them in a house and went into that house, they hadn't aged. So I used Simblender to manually age them up to Young Adult and everything was ok after that. It's obviously something Maxi's didn't take care of before releasing the EP.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:58 AM
That is a glitch or sth like this. My teens convert to YA normally, but there are some other reasons why I dislike Uni: those mascots in llama suits, the streakers (naked dudes that dance in a stupid way), cheerleaders, etch. - all these characters are very anoying. Noe I don't even add Uni to my 'hood (don't want an extra amount of townies)
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 12:53 PM
Note To Self = Never use the NH screen option of sending teens to college.

Well, there goes my laziness. >:U
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:00 PM
Hmmm...I'm not sure it's a Maxis glitch. Do you both (jodemilo and DeliciouslyDemonic) have Inteen installed? The inability to move teens to Uni through the neighborhood selector is a known Inteen glitch.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM
I KNEW IT! D:< I KNEW IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH INTEEN!

Sorry for the caps. Dx Darn glitches messing up my hoods and crap. -continues to ramble on-
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:07 PM
I was just about to say, I think that's an InTeen glitch (Mangaroo beat me to it ).
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:23 PM
Well...I've got two choices;
A) Don't send sims to college
B) Unistall Inteen.

-goes to install hack that removes bad college memories-
I ca'nt let go of mai inteen. xD
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:33 PM
No, all you need to do is have playable Sims select the college>go to college option via phone or computer. You just can't use the neighborhood selector tool...which probably means you can't send townie teens to Uni.
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
Oh yeah. xD I apologize for being dumb, I've been up all night long.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:25 PM
Probably just uninstall Inteen, send them off to college, then reinstall it.

I currently have it uninstalled. If I want a YA couple married, I just go to SimPE. Sure, there's no ceremony or exchanging of rings, but who cares....

(I just hate when one cries when the other moves back to the base neighborhood if they're married. Like, chill out--it's not like he's leaving you! You'll be moving in with him!)
Inventor
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mangaroo - yes I do have Inteen installed - I didn't realise that would affect the aging if you just do "Send to college" in the uni hood.

And yes DD, as Mangaroo says you don't need to uninstall Inteen, but just play the family lot and send them to college either by having the teen phone the college or do it via the computer.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:55 PM
I think Inteen screws up the aging.

I started out a Sim as a young adult, and she married a townie. I turned the Aging off so her husband wouldn't be an old man by the time she graduated.

When they moved to the base neighborhood, I turned aging back on...and no one aged.

Weird.

I think from now on if I want a YA married to an adult I'll just use SimPE to change relationship status to "married" and create the appropriate memories (got married to __________ ). He wouldn't have to move in while she's at college...she can just invite him over for a sleepover. And once she moves back to the base 'hood she can just invite him to move in. (I typically like the male older than the female, that's just how I operate.)

I had started a Sim off in college and had her marry a professor and everything turned out fine when they moved to the base 'hood--but I had not turned aging off, either.
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I typically like the male older than the female, that's just how I operate.

I always make them either the same age, or the boy older. >.< I am very creeped out by old-women/young-man relationships.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeliciouslyDemonic
I always make them either the same age, or the boy older. >.< I am very creeped out by old-women/young-man relationships.

Same age is good too. In fact I like to time Sims' births so they become a Child on Sunday evening. That means trying for a baby after 6 pm on Saturday. Fewer synchronization issues.
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 1:20 AM
Same age is good too. In fact I like to time Sims' births so they become a Child on Sunday evening. That means trying for a baby after 6 pm on Saturday. Fewer synchronization issues.

Wow.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:41 AM
Yes, I need to keep them synchronized. When you move in it's a Monday, and if they transitioned to Adult on Wednesday...well...unless I keep aging off until Wednesday....
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:27 AM
Well, it's very organized in your neighborhoods. xD I just make them Try for a Baby whenever I feel like it. XD
Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 1:16 PM
Well, if I'm going to have, say, the oldest son stay with his parents when he's married, then it doesn't matter.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:20 PM
Yes, I need to keep them synchronized. When you move in it's a Monday, and if they transitioned to Adult on Wednesday...well...unless I keep aging off until Wednesday....

It's pretty easy to keep them in sync by THIS mod; when ever one of my sims moves out into their own house/apartment, I just set the day correctly. You should give it a try Alex!

I had sometimes problems with sims moving to college, when they don't age correctly. I used Sim Blender to age them to YA's. Nowdays I don't even play UNI anymore, I just use couple of Squinge's hacks to prevent negative memory and fear from skipping UNI. I don't want to uninstall UNI because there is so much stuff and options that come with it.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:37 PM
Thanks, I think I'll give that a try! I thought I'd heard someone mention a day of the week mod.
Helptato
#22 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:13 PM
What I hate about University is when Sims can't grow into adults after graduating -_- I had to move a Sim into a blank lot and try it again.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Forum Resident
#23 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:43 AM
Thanks, I think I'll give that a try! I thought I'd heard someone mention a day of the week mod.

Another very useful mod is from Paladin's place: the season changer. Then, no matter what was the season and the day when sim moved out, they can continue from where they were before.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
Another very useful mod is from Paladin's place: the season changer. Then, no matter what was the season and the day when sim moved out, they can continue from where they were before.

That doesn't really matter much to me, but it's something I can look at.