Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I have Ultimate Collection, where do I put the Isle of Volestea?
So the readme says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate, but I have UC. It's a vacation subhood, so I thought in the vacation templates.

Here's a link .
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:29 AM
Vacation templates seems to be the right choice, at least that's what the downloads on this site say. It would have to go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims Ultimate Collection/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate for Origin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Vacation templates seems to be the right choice, at least that's what the downloads on this site say. It would have to go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims Ultimate Collection/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate for Origin.

Yeah, but why wouldn't it go into the vacationtemplates folder even without UC?
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:20 AM
Because there's no folder named "vacationtemplates" in the game files. It's "neighborhoodtemplate" for every EP with subhoods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Because there's no folder named "vacationtemplates" in the game files. It's "neighborhoodtemplate" for every EP with subhoods.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot, it's neighborhoodtemplate. But why do I have to put it in M&G? It's a vacation hood, shouldn't it be in Bon Voyage?
Instructor
#6 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:50 AM
Maybe they wrote it wrong? Besides, I checked the game folders, and M&G doesn't have a "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:02 AM
Yes, that's why I double-checked with the vacation subhoods on this site. I know where the M&G folder is located for the UC, but didn't see any NeighborhoodTemplate in there. It doesn't make sense for it to go into M&G either, since it's a vacation hood and I'm not sure the game would even look for those outside of the Bon Voyage folder.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 11:19 PM
It shouldn't make a difference whether it's in the BV folder or the M&G one. The game will recognise that it's a vacation 'hood because that information is included in the suburb package.

The creator suggested putting it in the M&G folder because M&G is your most recent EP, and keeping everything in the most recent EP's folders makes it easy to find things again later.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.