Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:05 PM
Default WCIF Education career mod start at 9am
Any mod to change the start hour for the first 4 Education career levels to start at 9am and not 8am - I want Teacher Mum to drive the kids to her school, not abandon them for an hour with a nanny!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 8:02 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 20th Apr 2015 at 10:18 AM.
I figured out how to do this. Won't post the hack as all of the content is copyright Maxis, but here are the steps to follow to make your own custom (Education) career

1) Read lots of tutorials (or just jump straight to step 15)
2) Start SimPE (I have 0_73_44-QA)
3) Wait for everything to load
4) Click on the Object Workshop tab
5) Click Start
6) Wait for everything to load
7) Expand the Others entry
8) Expand the Sim Type entry
9) Scroll down to Education
10) Right click ... nothing
11) Search the menus and sub-menus for the "Clone" item ... nothing
12) (Re-)read lots more tutorials about creating/modifying careers again ... all mention the mythical "Clone" button
13) Give up, close SimPE, (re-)read the tutorials
14) Refuse to be beaten
15) Start SimPE (I have 0_73_44-QA)
16) Wait for everything to load
17) From the "Tools" menu, select "Object Creation", then "Windowed Object Workshop ..."
18) Read and ignore the popup warning message, click Yes
19) Wait for everything to load (watch the status bar at the bottom, when it's stopped twitching everything is loaded)
20) Scroll down, ignore "Other" and expand "SimTypes"
21) Scroll down to Education (there are two, the first is the adult career, the second is the teen/elder career)
22) Click to select "Education (cached) (0x7F3F07BE)"
23) Click the "Clone" radio button, the panel tab changes
24) Assume those settings are correct (there is a post somewhere on the SimPE website that says not to change them as they are correct)
25) Click "Start"
26) Click "OK" when the "Scenegraph rename Wizard" popup opens
27) Save as "Education_Adult_9to3.package" or some such
28) The windows/popups will close and SimPE will appear again
29) From the "File" menu, select "Open ..." and select the package you just saved
30) From the "Tools" menu, select "Bidou's Career Editor ..."
31) Bingo! You should have the adult Education career open
32) Click the "Hours & Wages" tab
33) Change the "Start" value for the first five levels (and possibly the 7th) to 9, and the "Hours" for the first five levels to 6
- Click on the line in the table to select it
- In the start box at the bottom, change it to 9
- Change the hours box to 6
34) Hunt around for a Commit or Apply button, realise there isn't one
35) Close the Career Editor (cross button, top right)
36) From the "File" menu, select "Save"
37) Close SimPE.
38) Copy the package file into your Sims2 Downloads sub-directory
39) Start Sims2, find a sim with the Education career, and check their working hours are now 09:00 to 15:00
40) Play happily in the knowledge that Teacher Mum will no longer have to suffer the idiotic, cake baking, SSX3 playing, nanny!

Edit: If you're using the "Job Level Labels" mod, you'll also need to add " Lvl X" to the end of each "Job Title" on the "Job Details" tab
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 1:19 AM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 21st Apr 2015 at 2:17 AM.
I am so happy you posted this whoward!! I've been trying for a long time to figure out how to FIND the newer maxis careers that come with the later EPs!!