Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:49 PM
Default Clean Installer doesn't install?
So go to download the Clean Installer software, everything goes okay until I click run after its finished saving on my computer. A little alert comes up "You have a previously installed version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer on your computer. Would you like to unistall it now?" The thing is, I did have a version on my computer but I uninstalled it and deleted it to get the newer version. Has anyone run into this before? If so, what can i do to install it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 12:18 PM
Having exactly the same problem, removed every last trace of the previous version and still no joy. Ive tried saving to disk and booting from there and still the same 'error' message. Scannedthe drive with various tools and as I said previously, theres not a trace of the old version.

So lets hope someone out there has a solution
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM
Yes, uninstall the existing version, then remove these registry keys:

My Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Sims2PackCleanInstaller

My Computer\ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ APPLICATIONS\ Sims2PackCleanInstaller.exe

My Computer\ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Sims2PackCleanInstaller
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:04 AM
THANKS...Your instructions worked fine
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 5:38 PM
Glad it worked, well done!
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 10:51 PM Last edited by karaluvscandy13 : 4th Feb 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: left out a piece
I'm having a similar problem only I can't even uninstall! When I try I get a message that says

Error Opening file for writing:

C:/rs.exe

Click abort to start the installation,
Retry to try again, or
ignore to skip this file

(three buttons, abort retry and ignore.)

Can someone help me?