Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:53 PM
Default Custom Sims 1 Neighborhoods?
Hi guys! I've tried searching by myself, but I didn't find anything. Someone of you knows if exists any custom map for Sims 1? I'd like to try something different after 15 years of game...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:18 PM
Custom Maps are not a feature of The Sims 1 unfortunately.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:28 PM
Actually i found this:
http://www.woobsha.com/theme-pirate-lotindex.html
The problem is that I was curios about other map (or at least read a guide about neighborhood customization).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:59 PM
That's amazing. I've been to that site many times and I don't remember that. It's really cool!

This guy points to a yahoo group for more maps. Proceed at your own risk (and let us know how it turned out)!
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...ghborhood-maps/

And I found this on creating your own custom neighborhood:
http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...hbourhoods.html

It looks complicated.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That's amazing. I've been to that site many times and I don't remember that. It's really cool!

This guy points to a yahoo group for more maps. Proceed at your own risk (and let us know how it turned out)!
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...ghborhood-maps/

And I found this on creating your own custom neighborhood:
http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...hbourhoods.html

It looks complicated.

Actually it's easier than it seems. I accessed the site, downloaded the maps (for both main hood and vacation island) and than renamed the main file. The final result is nothing special, but it's cute I think these files can be modified or be used as base for your own maps
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 7:05 PM
Does it change all your neighborhoods or just a particular one, like neighborhood 3?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:31 PM
The 1st, is written in the guide too
Quote:
One background will change ALL the neighbourhoods (eg 1 to 9) in your game. If you want to use different backgrounds for different themes you'll have to set up a whole new "game" folder for each one. But in this way you could have, say a winter game, a mediaeval game, a scifi game... with appropriate downloads this would make for good theme play.

Now I'm editing a map using paint... Hope it will look cool in game
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
The 1st, is written in the guide too

Now I'm editing a map using paint... Hope it will look cool in game

I certainly hope you have fun with that. It's too much work for me to be honest.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Midnight ADR
I certainly hope you have fun with that. It's too much work for me to be honest.

As i sad before, its very easy, if your start point is an existing custom map. You just have to create some folders and rename the main file
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:01 PM
Hello! Sorry to butt in, knowing this is an old thread, but since you were talking about neighbourhood customization... Does anybody know how to use the map_edit code, please? I've tried different things many times, but even if I activate it in the cheatbox, there's nothing I can do. It activates inside empty lots too, the ground is high-lighted in squares, but no matter what button I touch, no tool ever appears to do anything... ¿?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 8:47 PM
if i remember right, the only thing map edit does, is you click on the squares (that look like they have teeny bobbles on them) and turn them from red to yellow (or the other way around, i havent used that in sims1 for 2 or more years)
once thats done you go out of map edit and save/exit lot and you can build outside the standard old box.
some lots have a lot of space outside the allowed build area, and this is used to let players cheat and have more build room.
the down side is that your plot looks wierd in map view. parts clash with other parts and sort of overflow. looks so wierd (especialy since i was using it to make more room for my roman style wall shapes. it left wierd red roofs sticking out of lots on map view) once inside the lot, its fine though.

you have to click on the actual squares with your mouse pointer, like when you make the grass greener ect. there isnt a tool as such, just your mouse and on/off with the two tiles colours of bobbly things.
(hope thats what you were actualy asking XD
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 1:04 AM
YES, that's what I was asking, thank you very much! :D
I finally got the gist of it after so many years, I don't really care because it's still useful nowadays, since I keep playing Sims 1&2. I already modified some points, nothing too extreme, just adjusting a few square-steps for better effect.