Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 2:38 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 20th Jan 2014 at 6:09 PM.
Default Vice City - *New* 4th Beta Available August 17, 2011
MTS Staff Announcement
As of January 20th, 2014, Fresh-Prince has not updated this thread in over a year! However, a link to his most recent beta version is posted on his official site. The beta version of the world is found here: http://www.freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm

If you have any questions for Fresh-Prince, please contact him via his personal website (linked above).

------------------

Progress List: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...0&postcount=216

Beta Version for Testing here: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...8&postcount=418

4/11/11 - 2nd Beta here [/B]: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...0&postcount=555

3rd Beta June 5,2011 , http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...439#post3543439

*Newest* 4th Beta August 17,2011 http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...018#post3617018

I am currently working on a neighborhood that is based off of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's replica of Miami. The map I created is based off of GTA, but this was the largest i could make it, so it's more of a mini version. I started this yesterday and love it so far, and I want to make it perfect. It is no where complete, but I figured I'd post it here to get feedback of it right now, how I can improve anything, and for future updates.

So here are some pics of the mini Vice City with some Miami incorporated. Thanks for any feedback!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 2:45 AM Last edited by I'mSimalicious! : 24th Feb 2010 at 1:56 AM.
Awesome! The colors are SO Miami! Great job!

Some of the islands don't match up though.

If you haven't already, you should read through this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_City

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:17 PM
Well, the colorful buildings is the standout look of Miami.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:04 PM
I actually like the colourful buildings, because it looks really close to the actual Vice City. Keep up the good work and make sure to add lots of lots!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:06 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback!

I think I fixed the islands in the middle, I had one of the roads/bridges wrong. And as for the skyscrapers, I know they don't look wonderful, but thats all I could do to make it look like tall buildings, I need them for this City

Here's a small video that just pans along the coast. It's not that laggy by the way, it's just the video.
http://tinypic.com/r/zoaloi/6

Here are some more updated pics of the City!

Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:27 AM
Wow, it looks amazing! Great job!

On to the opposite side of the island!

Can you post a top view of the whole neighborhood?

What's up with the road that it's connected to the intersection at the bottom? I also see it again if you follow the road up to the next intersection. See the same problem is anywhere else.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 10:42 AM
Actually, yes. It looks like your roads aren't actually intersecting. Is that temporary?

This looks excellent. Definitely a map I will play when it's done. I love how the rabbitholes are perfectly integrated.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 12:51 PM
i love it!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Fresh-Prince : 30th Dec 2009 at 2:30 PM. Reason: better pic thanks to kiwi_tea :)
Thank you guys! Appreciate it!

As for the roads, do you suggest that I add an intersection everywhere the roads meet? I just think it would look weird with a intersection everywhere with white lines. The roads do work without intersections though. I'm not sure what to do.

And here's the top view again. I'm obviously more focused on the right side of the city for now.
Retired
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 2:15 PM
Hi Fresh-Prince, how do the roads function without intersections? Do cars turn, or do they stop and start? Are simming getting confused with routing? If they work just fine, no need to change.

When you're taking those top down shots, make sure you click View in CAW, and deselect Fog. It gives a much clearer view of your work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 2:25 PM
Yes, the roads work fine, the cars just turn and continue as if there is an intersection.

And thank you for the tip! It looks so much better without the fog.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:12 PM
Rabbit holes? Really? You must have done a great job because I didn't notice at all.

And yeah, I think their should be an intersection everywhere roads meet. What your doing makes it look like a dead end, when it's not. Cars driving over the pavement, or what ever it is that stops the intersection, isn't that realistic, especially in a big city. Roads should be connect smoothly.

BTW, JW, are there any traffic lights?

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:20 PM
Thank you!

I'll try the intersections and see how it looks. As for the traffic lights, there are none. I was going to make one for the city, but the Create-A-World tool doesn't allow custom content.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:23 PM
This looks so great, makes me wanna play the sims 3 even more...lol
Can't wait till finish

Flawless & Perfect
Divoply's Creations are here to stay
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:00 AM
Haha, no worries. It's understanding, I just don't know another way around it.

As of now, I have the Bistro, School, Diner, Corporate Towers, Book Store, Theater, Market, Hospital and Police. You can't see the Theater and Book Store from the pics.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:31 AM
I still can't make out any rabbit whole. Great job at mixing them in. Can you point them out so that we can compare their relative locations? Because somethings like, say the School and the Police shouldn't be next to each other.

And I see some problems that you might want to fix.

1. The Beach

The beach needs to blend in better. Miami is famous for it's beaches.

2. The Coastline

Where the land meets the water. It needs to smoothen into the water. Right now, there's steep drop.

3. The Bridge

The land that the bridge is supported on is grass. That doesn't look right. I'd either remove the land from there and keep the bridge (can you?) or make it stone/rock/etc. rather than grass.

That it all.

This is a great project. I've downloaded almost all your Sims 2 creations so it's cool that I'm helping with another one of your creations. You also look like one of my friends in my school who plays the Sims a lot too. Add's to the awesome. :P

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:33 PM
I'mSimalicious!, I absolutely love you! Haha!

Thank you so much for posting that picture of the real beach, it inspired me so much!

I added all new beach and water with some techniques, and it looks great! Well, I think it does,lol. I love the color of the water.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:37 PM Last edited by I'mSimalicious! : 31st Dec 2009 at 8:00 PM.
Quote:
I'mSimalicious!, I absolutely love you! Haha!
The feelings mutual.

Lol!

The beach looks wonderfully amazing. I was going to ask you in your post if you could change the color of the water, but I assumed you couldn't. Boy, was I wrong! It looks fracking amazing! I love the colors, not only the water, but the sand on the shoreline. Beautiful. And great job with letting the land gradually slope into sea level.

One small suggestion:

Add more trees where the beach meets the sand. It's a little too sparse (well, not sparse, just not dense enough).

Oh, and here's another pic I just found of South Beach, Miami:

Could you replicate the grass?

BTW, if you look closely, you can spot the same major building in the first pic in the second.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:17 PM
OH MY GOSH.... How much longer till you upload? (Without sims)
I love the water, all the buildings- It's just spectacular!
Retired
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:20 PM
Intensely cool, Fresh-Prince. Not sure about the water tower taller than all office buildings, though. But the beach, and the cityscape! It's just awesome.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:20 PM
This is truly amazing, can't wait to be able to download it!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#22 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:35 PM
I just want to say I can't wait for this to be ready for upload. Where does Dexter live and work????? Hee hee hee hee hee :-)
Inventor
#23 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 8:57 PM
Wow this really looks amazing!!!! I can't wait to download!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:15 AM
GOOD GOD! This is stunning. So much hard work and detail!
I can see a future feature to be put under your belt. (Not that you would ahve any trouble with that normally )
It's just so... beautiful.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Banned
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 7:20 AM
This is beautiful.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 30