Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 5th Dec 2018 at 10:49 PM.
Default Aligning / Editing mesh in milkshape? (SOLVED)
Hi. Just curious if there is a quicker or better to solution to a little meshing problem I have.
I have tried simple franken-meshing with good results, but now I want to edit a mesh a tiny bit and Milkshape isn't acting exactly how I want it to. I have a jacket with a rim and a shirt underneath, I want to remove the rim by making it align with the shirt, and yet I haven't found a good method to do so. You can't delete a single vertex without taking a big piece out of the mesh and moving also causes way more vertices than intended to follow them. I know exactly how I want it to look, but making it... is slightly more difficult than I first expected... And I think it would be a really good piece of CC I can make if I can just get it right.

Any thoughts or hints?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 7:39 AM
I guess you could merge the vertices, but it sounds like you'd also have to adjust the UV map. Or grab a similar-looking, straight, mesh from another outfit and use that (again, adjusting the UV map).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 5th Dec 2018 at 10:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I guess you could merge the vertices, but it sounds like you'd also have to adjust the UV map. Or grab a similar-looking, straight, mesh from another outfit and use that (again, adjusting the UV map).

Thanks. I think this is what I was looking for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

Yes, it was a success, thanks again and I'm quite happy with the end result.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 10:23 PM
Glad to know it worked out!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!