Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
I'm currently doing this, it's so fun =D
I'm on day two and I've racked up $2424!
Funny story, my male got abducted by an alien =P I didn't know that, so when he came back I made him and my female Try for a Baby. Well, my female got pregnant and I was all happy & stuff. THen, I saw my male sparkle. I clicked on to his icon and..yes. My male sim is pregnant!
Only in The Sims.

That's so funny! Glad everyone is enjoying the challenge. I'm actively working on a new challenge called Armageddon. I've put a sneak peek in the Doomsday Challenge Part I thread (the usual thread I use to put out ideas and gain feedback for upcoming challenges). If you haven't checked it out, please do so and give me your thoughts!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:09 PM
I am going to have to try this one again. I depend on cheats too much. I am struggling with time management so much that it wasn't even funny. I will figure it out though.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:00 AM
YES!! I completed it and I feel very accomplished! Bow to me subjects, for I lop90804 have finally completed a challenge without deleting it from getting bored! Yes! Yay! WOOHOOOOOO!!
(In case you can't tell, I'm very happy)
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 8:13 PM
This challenge is complicated but i'm going to totally try it and maybe do a let's play on it but anyways, I love your challenges :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM Last edited by bluegirl45 : 12th Aug 2014 at 10:03 PM.
This is so simple yet so great at the same time. I will be doing this.
Edit: Nobody wants to post pictures? I guess I'll be the first then.

While I'm doing this, I have autonomous try for baby enabled just make things a bit more interesting...I've only played four hours in sims-time and Gregory has autonomously tried for a baby with her and she's pregnant!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:25 AM
OMG I love your pictures
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM
Why isn't more people doing this I'm 100 babied out right now so I'm going to do a lets play on this prepping today!
Scholar
#33 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:58 PM
I was doing this, then my game decided to hate me and it got rid of the save file. Too bad. I was getting really fond of the perfect family with the alien toddler.
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:38 AM
I tried out this challenge last night and failed miserably. Why? Bought a premade two story house with four bathrooms. ALL her time was spent going up and down stairs cleaning the toilets and gathering laundry from different bathrooms. Because of COURSE they have to use all four.
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:46 AM Last edited by StormTheSimmer : 15th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM.
Been reading your challenges for a while now, and never commented xD I love this challenge, and will definitely be doing it!

EDIT: I will post pictures, but my game crashes after I've made the family, Every. Single. Time.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
This challenge looks AWESOME!!! Will try and do when finishing other challenges.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM
I"m definitely about to start this challenge, but I'm starting with his parents, and working my way from there. I"ll insert her into a random family as a teen, and the last trait will be a surprise! I am doing the apple cheat to make sure hes a guy though so hopefully the guides are right.
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM
I love your challenges, Misty. Even reading them is just so fun. This is actually my first and it's harder then I thought, but I intend to keep going.
My wifey's name is Audrey Kieren. Her husband is Victor Kieren, and their children are: Jemima (In the Flesh, anyone?), Mina and the newest Cosima (Orphan Black all the way). I'll post their photos later.
Literally on the first day husband got a wish to have a baby. So they tried for a baby and guess what? Preggie! Oh, well. That's how we got Cosima and I'm scared for more, 'cause like two days after she was born, Audrey and Victor BOTH got a wish to have another baby. Audrey, sweetheart, you don't know what you doing.
Anyway, it's been 6 days (say, 5 and a half), and she has 586 simoleons from painting and collecting stuff. It's something, but I gotta try harder And I have a question: what if school wants her to bake cookies and gives her money? Does it count as her cash or does she have to give it to her husbie?
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:56 AM
Just a question, what do you do after you have completed the challenge?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:19 PM
I love this challenge!! =D I'm starting it now!

Quote: Originally posted by StormTheSimmer
Just a question, what do you do after you have completed the challenge?

After this challenge I'm going to be continuing it with Misty's Escape to Nowhere Challenge. http://modthesims.info/t/522017
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:00 AM
Okay, so I made my family! Here they are.

Karin Walsh, the "devoted" wife

Stephen Walsh, the controlling husband

And their children, a girl (I forget her name XD) and a boy (Connor)

I'm having fun so far! Stephen's already rolled a wish to have a child, so they've tried for a baby and she's pregnant XD Uh-oh.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:18 AM
I'm reading through this and I'm thinking

"Do I need any expansions...?"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:12 AM
Hi always glad to see pictures! As far as the expansion question goes, if the challenge mentions something you dont have feel free to revise
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:04 PM
Quick Question

1. Can we stay in the same town, and just go to the Town Hall and change your and your kid's names/last names?
2. I am trying to get my brother to play the challenge with me, and he was wondering if instead of the wife being at home, can the husband be the one at home??
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 11:08 PM
Hi Misty!! I just found your challenges yesterday and am in love. I will probably end up playing at least half of them. That said, I would really like to do this as a prequel to Escape to Nowhere. I saw you suggested a few posts back to just hope you only have one extra baby during gameplay and then age up all the kids at the end, but would it be permissible to just play the whole game with a teen, child and toddler, and if your husband finds you've left the teen as the only supervision in the home, his suspicions are raised? You really made something great here—I'm so happy to have found challenges I really connect to. I wish I could have been around when you were doing the murder mystery.
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 3:55 PM
My mom and I played this challenge together and it was a lot of fun. I ended up tweaking it just a bit where she could get a babysitter during the day every few days to go grocery shopping or to get a makeover but she had to be home by 4:00 or she was in trouble (He doesn't like to see the babysitter). Having six babies made it hard to go out without a babysitter to do anything. It also took me 32 sim days to save up enough money selling honey, beeswax, and collected things before I could move them away. I'm still playing them now in another town and love thinking of the backstory that they escaped from.

Here was a perfect picture from the game where she got home late and he had to excuse the babysitter. He was not happy.

Thanks so much for the fun challenge!
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:08 AM Last edited by amicino13 : 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:26 AM.
I don't usually post but this is one of the best challenges I've seen in a long time. I'm enjoying it a lot! Thank you!

I am wondering what any of you are doing to "give the Wife a suitable punishment that the Husband would give" when needed? I have some cheats so I add the humiliated moodlet but it's hard to bring her happiness down significantly enough for me to believe that she really feels helpless, trapped, isolated, etc.... Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm on day 3 so far, am newly pregnant with a 2nd baby and have earned $1247.

The only change I've made for myself is when the husband wants something from the wife, to chat, kiss, woohoo, watch the stars, I do control him to go to her (feels more realistic to me) and do just that interaction, then I let free will take over which can be really entertaining. One time after woohoo, she fell asleep and he decided to get out a book and read. Next to her. On the bed. With all the lights on! Oh yeah, he fits the part so well!

ladykelien, I really like your age group breakdown and am using it now. Thank you! Especially since it seems like the husband will want to have a child with the wife as soon as she pops out a baby!

Also, I have an idea. Despite my efforts to keep the husband from advancing in the career, he is getting really close. But, in the business career, you can hold meetings in many of the the rabbit holes in town. When he advances, I plan to have him hold meetings during the 8am to 3pm time frame Monday thru Friday which will give him the same work hours keeping him out of the house. Thought I'd share in case that helps some one else with their sims advancing in the career. Happy simming!
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:44 PM
This challenge seems pretty interesting, so I'm going to attempt it
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 11:07 PM
I can't wait to try this and I plan on checking out your other challenges as well.
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 3:16 PM
Thought about a funny way to get some extra money.
When my female sim goes out for groceries she gets a few fruits extra wich she sell off at the consignement store.
Story is that her husband won't notice a few extra tomatoes etc.
Page 2 of 3