Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
Are they better than TS2 Vampires (if you've never played NL, just put N/A)?

Dunno, never played them :$

Do you enjoy playing Vamps?

At first, a lot! Now, OK

Which premade Vamp(s) are your favorite(s)?

Don't remember the name xD But it's a new one on the Pets EP

Are the powers cool or uncool?

Cool, could be way cooler.

What bugs me about Vampire is that a) Only live for a long time instead of being Immortal and b) It's super hard to get rid of Vampire gens. I've tried, like 6 times and my Vamp with my regular man sim only have Vamp babies :/

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:07 AM

I hated TS2 vampires for obvious reasons: Blue skin color, their body smoking under the sun, the 'bleh' animation, covering their face with their arm while walking, etc.

TS3 vampires still smoke in the sunlight, but they won't die in it like TS2 vampires do, in TS3 they are just weakened a little bit and temporarily lose some of their powers. I also like the fact that TS3 vampires have more realistic looking skin color (just human skin color only pale, like it should be. What I don't like about TS3 vampires is that they don't have red eyes, and I also don't like it that their skin and eyes glow, but I can live with it.

All in all, I like TS3 vampires best.

I like playing them, yes.

I haven't met any premade vamp as of yet. Believe it or not, but I have only just gotten into playing TS3.

I love their powers, and wish they'd included more.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:33 AM

Yep, I love how they can go outside for more than 5 seconds and they don't go up in smoke and die.

I only played a vampire for a couple of sim days and I haven't really touched that family again so I'm thinking I should start a vampire legacy. But it was actually pretty cool when I played that vampire.

I haven't played any pre-made vamps because Bridgeport is SO slow :c

Hell yeah, I can pretty much complete the Renaissance Sim LTW in about two/three days cause I can max skills so fast.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 10:36 AM

Significantly. I don't have to download a thing to change their skin. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they made TS2 NightLife?

A lot. Supes are just my thing.

Probably the ones in Grey Meadow(DL world) because the EA ones suck(hehe, pun) minus William Fangmann, who I just adore.

I like them, but...
- Why do they need permission to nom on a sim?
- why are their days numbered? Vampires usually allude to immortality.
- Why do they float over an alter when they sleep but can't levitate/fly?
- Wouldn't super speed imply that the vampires can outrun a car?
- What's the point of bats if they can't even turn into a swarm of them?
- Why isn't blood called blood?
- Why no monstrous trait?
- Why no pyrokinesis?
- Glamour would have been a better than "Think of me", because you could manipulate sims to do your bidding, like genies in showtime can.
- I'm okay with the reflection thing.
- Why can't they scale buildings like spiders?
- I gotta stop asking questions, but overall, I think the powers are okay at best.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:04 PM

Yes. Much better. TS2 vampire was the campy vampire stereotype... loved that, but the TS3 vampire is the bloodthirsty romantic fiend from Anne Rice, The modern immortals from True Blood and the Glowing-skinned smoke-spark(les)-in-the-sun super-powered emos from twilight...

Don't always play them all the time but when I do I try to make a morbid and scary twist, like where I keep an Ella swanky human just to satisfy Edwin sullens thirst.

None, I make my own, though I do like the one guy in bridgeport who lives with 3 other girls and the Striker and Talon vamp girl.

Very Kewl. But I would like to make a big agree thing on the complaints made by the poster above mine.
- Vamps should be immortal... (and playable ghosts shouldn't age too)
- Vamps should have the ability to fight someone for their blood.
Glamour thing would also be cool. Sort of erase the memory of friendship and send it back to acquaintance levels to dodge the repercussions of romanticizing or fighting for blood. A charisma based power sort of thing or whatnot.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 5:39 AM

I don't have TS2.

Mehh. I've only played them once, but I HAET how you have to ask permission to drink blood/plasma. I should be able to come up and take your blood on the street without you having any idea!! I am a VAMPIRE, for God's sake!! I also hate that ugly greenish color of their skin, but their eyes are cool.

Wogan Hemlock and William Fangmann.

They're not really all that useful, but meh. They're still shiny.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 6:07 AM
Yes.

No.

None.

They're cool, but not exactly useful to me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#33 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:29 AM Last edited by babele44 : 29th Apr 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Don't know, I have never played TS2.

Yes, definitely. Especially vampire ghosts that died of thirst. Although four in one household tend to become a bit too noisy.

Wogan and Brigit Hemlock. My current avatar is their father.

I guess they could be cooler. Read Mind is okay, Hunting always glitches in my games, having a butler as a walking snack bar is fun, the coffins are meh I prefer beds.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:37 AM
Never played TS2 no N/A for me.

I wasn't sure what I thought of them at first really, and I don't play them all the time. They do offer fun and interesting game play when I bored of my "regular" sims though.

I don't play premade sims.

Awesome! Like a lot of other people have said, I wish the sunlight effected them more. Also it would be interesting if the vampires were more "dangerous." Like they could kill another sim when drinking from them, etc etc.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 1st May 2012 at 3:48 AM

Well...I really like ts3 vamps more i think in the end :P
(I like their eyes the best, The whole glowing thing. One time i had a sim from a legacy i was doing and she turned into a vamp and her eyes turned into the most prettiest glowing blue *u* <3333 )

YESHHH!!!! I love Making vamps (Mod, I make my vamps in cas with the VAMP trait that is from somewhere on here i think....)

Beau Merrick (I think i spelled his name right xD )

Waaay cool >w< I love the whole mind reading and how you cna see other relationships and what not :3
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th May 2012 at 2:12 AM
Default Vampires: Your Opinions
I've never played the vampires in Sims 2, but I think they're alright in Sims 3, I just think it spreads too fast. Before you know it the whole town has become a vampire. And the powers are sorta cool, especially the one where you can read someones minds. It's been a while since I've played with vampires. I don't think I have a favorite, but if I were to choose a favorite it'd be Vladimir Schlick.
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:43 AM
Yes, I like The Sims 3 Vampires, but I don't like the pale skin.

Yes and No, yes is they have better abilities than TS2 vampires, but lack of the flying and immortal. (And mixed with genie, it looks like the vampire skin overrides the genie skin, if it is the genie skin overrides the vampire skin, I can fix it with testingcheatsenabled)

I don't like them, I created myself and make them into vampires.

Cool for the mind reading, uncool for the running noisy sound and laughing very devilish (Like they are going to rape somebody or something).
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 1:10 AM
Quote:

I would say yes in some ways. Like others, I miss the fact that they can change into bats. The bleh, bleh thing was simply funny.

Quote:

I most certainly do, but I wish the vampires didn't have to ask their "nutrient" donors if they can suck their blood. A vampire should take what they want! Also would have been nice if EA already had more Victorian styled clothes in the game, but I know it's for the money, so I won't complain too much. And I don't know about anyone else, but I love their glowing eyes. I think their eyes are so cool to look at.

Smug b*stard. lol >>>> (You can click on the picture to get a better view)

Quote:

William Fangman and Morgana (I think Morgana is rather lovely for an EA made sim)

Quote:

They are kind of cool. Some are at least. I like the fact that they are faster; the sound of them running around is actually kind of amusing to me. And I kind of like the mind-reading ability when it's necessary.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by screechingvilnce45

Significantly. I don't have to download a thing to change their skin. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they made TS2 NightLife?

A lot. Supes are just my thing.

Probably the ones in Grey Meadow(DL world) because the EA ones suck(hehe, pun) minus William Fangmann, who I just adore.

I like them, but...
- Why do they need permission to nom on a sim?
- why are their days numbered? Vampires usually allude to immortality.
- Why do they float over an alter when they sleep but can't levitate/fly?
- Wouldn't super speed imply that the vampires can outrun a car?
- What's the point of bats if they can't even turn into a swarm of them?
- Why isn't blood called blood?
- Why no monstrous trait?
- Why no pyrokinesis?
- Glamour would have been a better than "Think of me", because you could manipulate sims to do your bidding, like genies in showtime can.
- I'm okay with the reflection thing.
- Why can't they scale buildings like spiders?
- I gotta stop asking questions, but overall, I think the powers are okay at best.

Yes, yes, and yes on what you said.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:16 AM Last edited by tiffyandthewall : 17th Oct 2012 at 9:26 AM.
@brillo_pad I already think Elvira, Erika, and Morrigan are babely vamps but I reeeally like your new versions

and as for the questions at hand:
-I remember having vampires in TS2, but I don't remember them that well.
-I like playing vampires in moderation. Their lifespan is too long for me, but it would feel counterproductive to shorten it since they *are* supposed to be immortal.
-My favourite pre-made is Morrigan Hemlock, but I think I'm just shallow because as I said before, she's a babe. I'm also partial to Wogan if only because his name is Wogan, which I find myself saying out loud when I see him. Oh and I really love Ayden Van Gould! I don't play pre-mades but I had my sims inviting him over to dinner like every night. And by 'inviting him to dinner' I mean 'inviting him to sit in their rocking chair for 15 hours straight'.
-As for the powers, they're alright but nothing special? It bothers me that you can see their reflections and that they don't turn into bats or even dogs. It also bothers me that they have to be friends with someone to bite them.
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:17 PM

For me- Yes, they are much more unique looks-wise and mind reading is an awsome feature.

Not even a bit. I find them disgusting, game spoiling, and unnecesary. As any other non-human besides mummies in pyramids.

If I have to choose one, I think Vladimir Schlick has the Evil trait, and that makes him more "complete".

I find them very cheaty. I mean, the game is easy enough to need a skill gaining boost, I don't see why should I need the running thing, mind reading is plain stupid, and "think of me" is not very vampiric, but only selfish. Also, I saw several vampires die from starving in my game. Another one visited my lot, I didn't greet it, and it simply standed there and burnt for quite a while. Good for them, I don't like them anyway. Plus, they tend to multiply in number. Almost every day a new sim goes vampire. I might just end with a vampire city someday.

In short, I hate them, and I wouldn't make them available if I had the chance to choose, which EA didn't grant us. Maybe I should install the vampire hunter mod to actually have real fun with those bastards.

So, that's it
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
I've been wondering how other Simmers liked TS3 Vampires. Here's a few Q's that you can answer....

For me- Yes, they are much more unique looks-wise and mind reading is an awsome feature.

For me- I play them all the time, so yes!

For me- William Fangman and Elvira Slayer. I <3 them.

For me- They're awesome IMO.

Thanks for taking this survey thingie, and have a nice (Vamp filled) day!

I cant seem to remember the sims 2 vampires :/
I played them all the time when I first got the expansion, but got sick of not being able to go out in the sun so stopped..
I dont play any pre-made vamps' I always made my own
I loved the powers they had, just got sick of not being able to be out in the sun!

~Desiree~

Field Researcher
#43 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:53 AM
I actually don't like playing vampires.
Inventor
#44 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 1:39 AM

I've played NL, but never run into a vampire in TS2. TS3 was my first encounter with them.

Considering my current legacy is made up of Vamps...

Morrigan Hemlock, but only because she introduced me to the joys of playing Vamps. Normally I make my own Vamps.

Cool, with the exception of the lifespan. That's way too much time to focus on one Sim.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 3:53 PM

I think so. I LOVE the skin tone, those insanely awesome eyes, and that you can still live somewhat normal life and not fry immediately in the daytime.

defiantly. I'm working in a vampire legacy, and I never do legacies hahahh.

I play Supernatural so I just make my vampires in CAS.

for the most part I like them a lot... but like most othher people it drove me nuts that my kid ( Damien) fulfilled his lifetime wishh as a child. now almost a YA, he has almost nothhing left to learn !! word of caution... never let your vampire kids have the genius trait as well !!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 8:14 PM
Let's see...when setting up Bridgeport I go on a search-and-destroy mission where I move any vampires out and delete them...and I have the Demographics set to no vampires.

So what do you think?

I know there are a few I can't get rid of, "townies" like Brigit Hemlock and Flo-Flo Chique...but I ignore them for the most part.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
#47 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:30 PM
wow my eyesight isn't what it should be first thing in the morning, bleary eyed and after only one sip of coffee, I thought this thread's title was Vampires: Your Onions ...

That said, the only vampire I play is my parody of Anne Rice's Lestat de Lioncourt.

I enjoy playing him purely because he's such a character with a very unpredictable personality. However, I think that the vampires in game lack the necessary 'darkness' to make them the true creatures of the night they should be. Vampires in this game are parodies of vampires, sadly - so it's best not to take them too seriously, and play them for the amusement factor.

I should really start a legacy with him, but he is so mercurial that I doubt any of his family would actually grow up liking him - and any women I inflict upon him start out adoring him and end up wanting to 'expose this weakness' - but what do you expect when it's his idea of a good time to wake his lady love every morning with a megaphone ..
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:23 PM
Are they better than TS2 vampires?
1-Never played TS2 but by reading other peoples comments then yes
Do you enjoy playing vampires?
2-I do like trapping people and making my vampires feed from them-gotta love hypnotise.
Which premade vamps are you favourite?
3- Elvira Slayer is awesome
Are powers cool or uncool
4- They are quite helpful when talking to a celebrity. And hypnotising people...I love it...
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 3:45 AM
i for one personaly think that if i had ts2 the nightlife vamps would be cooler
they sleep in actual coffins they can stalk,turn into bats,ect
and they actually die in the sun,if my opinion is oposite to yours' well who gives a sh*t
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 3:49 AM
ill be workin on a mod that adds that tho
Page 2 of 3