Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:54 AM
Default Question about replacing the .sc4
Hi,

I created a .sc4 map using SimCity4 and wanted to import it to Sims 2.
It worked, I was able to create a new neighborhood on my new created map...

I used the cheat "modifyNeighorhoodTerrain on" to edit the terrain and the roads a bit but how can I replace the .sc4 file with my new changes?

I used "modifyNeighorhoodTerrain on" to flat it and now I want my changes to be default because I want to upload it here on MTS and no one wants a hilly (extremely hilly) map.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 7:54 PM
You can't. There is no way to extract an SC4 file from a TS2 neighborhood. If you want the SC4 file changed, you have to change it using SimCity 4 or one of the SC4 terrain editing programs.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:11 PM
Oh, that's sad.
This is really problematic...
I modified the neighborhood using the cheats to make it beach-lot compatible...
But how can that be done it SimCity 4?

I mean, how can I smooth terrain in Mayor Mode?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 9:05 PM
SimCity 4 has really poor terrain editing. I wouldn't even try to terraform using SimCity 4.

For Brainania, I used the SC4 Terraformer to flatten the terrain and to select specific elevations:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_f....php?lotGET=731

There are other terrain editors available. I find SC4Devotion and http://community.simtropolis.com to be good SC4 sites.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:42 AM
It is not working for me.

My Simblr
Site Helper
#6 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:35 PM
What is not working for you?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:55 PM
The SC4 Terraformer is not working for me but I tried to smooth in SimCity4.
Now it is flat but at the beginning of the "plateau" there is weird terrain which goes up.

My Simblr
Site Helper
#8 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 6:01 PM
People at SC4Devotion and Simtropolis may be better able to help you to achieve the terrain that you want using the in-game tools. I just can't stand the in-game terrain editing, so I don't believe that I can help you. I know that there's a way to change the size of the affected area when making terrain changes, which can help to avoid problems.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:23 PM
I fixed those issues in SimCity4.

It took some hours but I'm happy with my current map now.

My Simblr
Site Helper
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 1:45 AM
Great! I'm glad that you got it working.