Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#876 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:05 AM
Super job, Cat!
I also really enjoyed the contest, and, boy, did I learn a lot! To think that, before this contest, I really did not know anything about Painted Ladies and very little about Gothic Revival! Thank you, Phaenoh, it was a wonderful idea.
So, fellow contestants, let's go drinking See you at the fermented fruit juice bar!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#877 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:26 PM
Can the Renos be judged yet? who is missing?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#878 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Can the Renos be judged yet? who is missing?

I feel like there was only four of us left in this round, so if all four renos are posted, I would be inclined to say that judging might be able to get underway?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#879 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:24 PM
Yeah, it can. I'm just falling behind on everything so I haven't had a chance to update the spreadsheets for the judges to make it easy for them.
Scholar
#880 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Yeah, it can. I'm just falling behind on everything so I haven't had a chance to update the spreadsheets for the judges to make it easy for them.

Join the club.

*hands Phae a "Falling Behind On LIFE!" button.*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#881 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 20th Feb 2017 at 2:12 AM.
Yup, www.facebook.com/Phaenoh/posts/10103904254494705. I'll try to do it here right now though.

Edit: Ok judges, the score sheets are linked to the entries. @caitawesome I still need your scores for the library reno. @joandsarah77 and @Charmful the apartments are ready for you. Notes go in Column P. (It might look like words from O are in the way, but just start typing.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#882 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:19 AM
Phae, I did not get a pm hail. *shrug* I just checked the thread as I saw it had been posted to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
retired moderator
Original Poster
#883 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 2:18 AM
Maybe because I added them in during my edit? Doesn't matter, any sort of urgency has gone RIGHT out the window with this contest. It was scheduled to be over in early Dec. *shrug*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#884 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 7:09 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:39 PM.
Yes, it's been five months...

All finished.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#885 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:17 AM
Me too (finished judging)! It's been a joy to look at everyone's entries and see how they renovate their shells <3

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#886 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:14 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:27 AM.
Yes, I've seen some people come a long way in building over this contest.

@Phaenoh Can we wrap this up yet or are we waiting on something?

~Call me Jo~
retired moderator
Original Poster
#887 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:48 PM
I was wait on our third judge, but it doesn't look like she's gonna come through. I'll just go ahead and post the scores with just two, and wrap this thing up. Thank you everyone for your patience and participation!
Mad Poster
#888 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 8:41 PM
Thank you, Phaenoh. Before we reach the final, final, final final of this competition, I'd like to congratulate the last four standing (including myself ) here. I think we can give ourselves a little applause for reaching the enc. Thank you, you were hard to compete with and I love you all In the end, we are all winners and I am getting the champagne ready at the fermented juice bar so that we can toast each other and the winner
retired moderator
Original Poster
#889 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
And The Winner Is.....
Our Winner is CatherineTCJD with 132 points! Second place goes to ForeverCamp with 128, and JustPetro was so close at third with 126. Porkypine has earned 4th place with 117. Congrats to all and thank you for sticking with me through this much longer and bumpier than intended journey!

Following this will be posts of all the judges comments for the 4 of you. *does happy dance*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#890 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default Judges Notes for CatherineTCJD
retired moderator
Original Poster
#891 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default Judges Notes for ForeverCamp
retired moderator
Original Poster
#892 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default Judges Notes for JustPetro
retired moderator
Original Poster
#893 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default Judges Notes for Porkypine
retired moderator
Original Poster
#894 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:27 PM
Again, congrats to all our contestants, and to our Winner Cat!

I'd love to see some of these lots get uploaded as a before and after upload! Any takers?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#895 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 2:28 AM
Congratulations Cat on winning! To Forevercamp and Petro for placing and to Porky for making it through.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#896 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 6:39 AM
Congratulations, Cat!!!! I will admit that I am not surprised in the least You have built wonderful stuff! Congrats, Forevercamp - and Porky too; and thank you all! See you in another building competition sometime
Mad Poster
#897 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 4:42 PM
O.M.Goodness! I won! *does happy dance*

@ForeverCamp, Petro and Porkypine - you guys were some tough competition - not to mention the others who dropped out...
It was a really tight race; I thought ForeverCamp had me for sure with that magnificently disgusting school shell ~ and then, Petro - your school reno is gorgeous! It's so fresh and clean - I can't believe it's the same building! I love it!

Thank you - judges - for all the work you guys did! The comments you left helped immensely (and I know they are a real PITA to write out!) Thank YOU :lovestruc

And, Phae, thank you for hosting (and putting up with all our RL issues and delays *yikes* Did we really turn 6-weeks into 5-months!) You came up with a very entertaining concept for a contest, It was a lot of fun; and I learned a lot about 19th century urban architecture

Now... I gotta go sim this LOL!!!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#898 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:04 PM
As promised
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#899 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:27 PM
Congrats Cat! Congrats to everyone who took up the challenges and stuck through with it. It was a pleasure to see everything you came up with for shells and renos.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#900 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 11:43 PM
Cat, that giff. i can't stop looking at it!

~Call me Jo~

Page 36 of 37