Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:19 PM
Default Adding new lots in World Editor safe?
I remember reading (a while ago) that adding new lots to a world via World Editor breaks the routing turning your game into a lagapalooza. Unfortunately, I can't track down the thread where I read this (it was on this site) and Google and MTS searches have proven unhelpful. Can someone confirm/deny/elaborate or provide a link to a discussion on this if it has been explored at length?

Some background, I would like to add some more lots and a custom University to a custom world I am playing. Probably not too many, just 4 or 5 new lots as the world is well planned and substantial as is but want to ensure that it's safe to do so first and I won't bork my game by doing so.

Any feedback/direction much appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:10 PM
The world editor lot tool is still quite broken and yes, it will break the routing of the neighbourhood, either in smaller scale or larger scale. After three worlds gone wonky, I completely stopped using the tool. There are many threads about it, even here at MTS2. Here's one from the official forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/734619.page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:16 AM
Ah, so it's best to stay clear.

Thanks! I never thought about looking at the official forums for help. :p