Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:43 AM
Default What would you like to return/come to The Sims 3?
Just starting a new one because the old one died out.

I'd like to see swimming in oceans/lakes/ponds.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:57 AM
Community lots. Real ones.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:15 AM
On that note, *real* restaurants.

Magic. Like, full-on witchcraft and wizardry.

Spa items.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:42 AM
I would like Pet shows to make a return (absent since The Sims: Unleashed). With Pets being released soon, now wouldn't be a bad time for EA to add the ability.

Of course they won't though..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 9:03 AM
Ah, let's see...

- More vacation destinations. It'll be nice to send my Sims to an sunny tropical island like Hawaii, Jamaica or Brazil. Or a winter wonderland like Colorado where they can ski and celebrate Christmas or something.
- University. We need to do something with these young adults.

...shit. These sound reminiscent of the older EPs from the Sims 2 era.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:14 AM
Oh, and university university university!! Maybe I am overzealous about it since I am entering college in a month, but I want university!
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:19 AM
University, Seasons, and the ability to swim in bodies of water. I'd love to see a couple sports/watersports added, too...tennis, surfing, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:48 AM
Parties to work better. So the sims won't just clutter in the entrance hall, hardly doing anything, be ready to go sleep right when you get things somehow started and then saying "Phew, it was helluva party, I've got no more strenght to go on, bye!" while he/she only stood there for few seconds.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:21 PM
Restaurants, seasons and weather, university, businesses, swimming in the ocean... many, many features I miss. I hope these things will come with new EPs, but TS3 EPs seem to be emptier than TS2 ones.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#10 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:02 PM
I want to see mud. Sims can fall in it, be pushed in it, etc. Pee is overused, and they seem to be bringing it back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:17 PM
My wishes:

In buildmode:

- Sides of floortiles that can currently be recolored to have the same lighting as walls so they can blend better.
- The option to recolor chimneys and roofs.
- The ability to create split level stairs without the need of cheats that distort wall textures/
- The ability to create slopes between 2 points of different heights in an easier way (drag from a high spot to a low spot and automaticly "level" the terrain into a nice even slope between those points).
- The option to change the height of foundations and walls with an easy slider.
- Spiral stairs with actual tops instead of weird holes in the floor.

In buymode:
- Diving boards. It's the one item I really do not understand that they did not include them from the get go.

In CAS:
- Very unlikely they will add this because it requires to change the way animations are set up, but man I would so love a sims height slider! I want me some short chubbies running around!

Gameplay:
- Toddler to toddler interactions.
- More kid to toddler interactions.
- Have sims greet eachother when a familymember comes home.
- Bring back the happy "I can't wait to show my mum and dad that I got an A in school!" interaction.
- Make the choise of which place sims sit on more logical (ready making your food? sit at the freakin table next to you instead of the one three rooms away. Want to read a book? Find a nice lounge chair or couch (in that order). Want to do homework or work on your notebook? Only use a dining table if that is no office desk close. Etc.).
- Generally speaking make sims more social. Atm they act like they live alone even in big families most of the time.
- Return to the way cars were used in The Sims 2 with all the interactions and animations. I know some say that this would make it impossible to place cars on roofs or platforms, but 1. who the heck places his car on the roof?! Do you have a big crane ready to lift it up there and off again whenever you want? and 2. If it is truly so important to keep that option then just make the game act like it does now if the car can't find a route to the parking spot.
- Make sims on full autonomy more likely to leave the house and go to a park or something (I have yet to see a single playable sim leave the lot on his or her own).

Okay that's all I can think off at the moment, but I'm sure there are a lot of other things that will come to mind the moment I press the "Submit Reply" button.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM
Slow romantic dance...
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:20 PM
How could University be any different from child/teen school without the bogusness of TS2 University?

I'd like to see a return of lots that actually line up with the street, rather than always leaving that strip of grass between the sidewalk and the lot. grrrrrrrrrrr

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:59 PM
Werewolves?

Magic - witches and wizards. I think Faeries would be nice, too.

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:34 PM
Curved corners(wall and fences) in build mode. It would help when trying out experimental building techniques.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:19 PM
The cow plant and aliens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:50 PM
I'd like to see a more original title for The Sims 3: Pets, or whatever it's being called.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
- Return to the way cars were used in The Sims 2 with all the interactions and animations. I know some say that this would make it impossible to place cars on roofs or platforms, but 1. who the heck places his car on the roof?! Do you have a big crane ready to lift it up there and off again whenever you want? and 2. If it is truly so important to keep that option then just make the game act like it does now if the car can't find a route to the parking spot.

YES!!! i mean, obviously people who want their cars on roofs and what not can just use cheats like moveobjects on. Maybe when and if they let us have animations it can have the animation if the car is on the ground on a driveway, and no animation and just have it appear on the road if its on the roof, like we have now. And also the ability to have basement garages!!! like w/o cheats! and one more thing from TS2 that i havent heard anyone say: the interaction to play the stereo on you car!!! i remember from TS2 nightlife you parked your car and you could a.)turn on the headlights b.) turn on stereo and c.) click on it and say go home or go to community lot. I wish i didnt always have to go to map view just to click on a lot to go to! i wish i just called the taxi or clicked on my car and a list of lots would pop up and u just chose one like in TS2. is there a mod that lets you do this?!? anyway d.) i cant think of any so add more stuff u miss!

and, well, EA loves not listening to us and are LAZY so this is really just a "only one can hope" thread.

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:58 PM
another thing: the perfect life state / occult / creature sim for TS3 University would be aliens!!! ok so if your sim majors in like science, they could discover aliens and be abducted by them and then the university they go to would get a good rep! then aliens would be all over town just like ghosts, vamps, simbots, etc!

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
#20 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiekOMGEEZE
I'd like to see a more original title for The Sims 3: Pets, or whatever it's being called.

The Sims 3: Doggy Style
Forum Resident
#21 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:09 PM
Water slides
Diving boards
More romantic interactions
Violin
Microphone
More toddler interactions
One sided relationships
Crushes
Opened Restaurants
Werewolves
Aliens with alien abduction
Magic
Witches
Spectral cats
Genie
The Voodoo Doll
Slow dancing
The hustle
Hang out interaction

Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Werewolves?

Magic - witches and wizards. I think Faeries would be nice, too.

Although I can't tell you werewolves are coming back, we are finding other theories about the unicorn here in case you're interested.
Theorist
#22 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:28 PM
**More toys with more options (no I don't have Generations or any other packs so maybe they have these things now) would be nice.
**Do they have a do homework on the computer option? Email the teacher with issues...like Todd was too tired to do his homework, so please excuse him. Signed Mrs. Goth or something.
**Let the kids have holidays some time...a random snow day...something.
**Weather, yes, that would be good...love it.
**No more magic, weird creatures, whatever...don't like them at all.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:35 PM
Better werewolves! They only turn on a full moon(decided at random by the game) and act more like wolves/wild dogs. Chase the cat! Eat the bird! Destroy the furniture! Go to jail(heh heh...)!
#24 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:50 PM
I want the ability to:
Tell other sims that ..........
they smell (when they do)
their outfit sucks (when it does, I'm talking to YOU Molly French)
their houses are middens of filth and bad taste (when they are) ...
and that they are bad parents (when the baby stinks and is so hungry it could eat the crotch off a low flying pigeon).

Call me Inappropriate? Maybe.

*talk about Molly French's hideous shorts* ....
Forum Resident
#25 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
More toddler interactions
One sided relationships
Crushes
Aliens with alien abduction

I second these. And more elder clothes, too. Especially some formal wear for female elders. With sleeves. That actually looks formal and isn't just a sweater or something.

And:
Babies with legs (it'll never happen, I know)
Attraction markers similar to the lightning bolts
Ownable rentable properties so that you can play both landlord and tenant
Carriages or wagons or hansom cabs to be pulled by horses
A double/triple stroller
Page 1 of 3