Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:43 PM Last edited by deathBYflies : 29th Jul 2015 at 5:10 AM.
Default SimPE, strange build DXT behaviour with MipMap... SOLVED
Having problems editing custom default skin tone. FYI I'm running SimPE on Windows XP on a virtual drive on Mac OSX.
No problems using build DXT when recolouring clothes, etc. and the file I'm attempting to rebuild is one I've edited successfully before.

What happens: I perform build DXT in the usual way and the 11 layer MipMap textures change accordingly, while the file name in the resource list is as it should be.
However, when I press commit, the file name in the resource list changes to [Texture Image], and the texture format changes to ExtRaw24Bit, size 1x1, MipMap level 1

Edit: I thought one possible cause may be a recent system scan I did with ClamXav and which turned up half a dozen Windows items it judged to be trojans or in some way malicious. Naturally, I verified each item on the web and, finding their syntax matched known trojans and spyware, trashed them.
Meanwhile, the Nvidia DDS components SimPE requires seemed to be all there. So I gambled on installing the latest version of SimPE and this has solved the problem. With no other changes to theXP installation, I can only presume the virus scan may have quarantined a component of SimPE, which I then trashed.