Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 10:15 PM
Default Issues with recoloring cereal
Hello! Pardon me if this is not the appropriate forum for custom food, but I figured it's object-y enough if I have to use the object workshop to grab the mesh.

I've been trying to use some old tutorials to figure out how to make custom food. I'm using one made by Fireflies, which is the most recent one I could find. Perhaps it may just be the fact that I'm using an outdated tutorial, but I've run into some issues with my custom cereal.

1. When I have the cereal added into my Downloads folder, Sim interactions go berserk. Sims can only flirt (in one way, too!), entertain with a joke, or shoo other Sims. So, obviously, something is up with that. I have no clue what's going on, and I'd preferably like my cereal not to destroy entire neighborhoods, like Godzilla.

2. Sims keep resetting when I have the cereal added in my Downloads folder! It's quite frustrating, actually. I'm not sure if my Sims could even go from start to finish with preparing the cereal, because everybody kept resetting.

Could I have some guidance on this? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 10:12 PM
Hey, I'm having issues too with making cereal.

I cannot find cereal under Object Listings.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:05 AM
@XxCTxX It's under "Unknown," if that's any help.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:07 AM
Yes, I went under there but everything besides the cereal is there!

I dont understand why its no there. Ill try again in the morning.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:18 AM
Are you looking in alphabetical order? It's not going to jump at you, because it will be between a lot of other things starting with "Ce..."

Good luck.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:32 AM
Yeah ive done that too, also searching it.

Basically none of my objects from expansion packs would show up in simPe/ wizard, besides from the Christmas and Halloween stuff.

I had to go into my SimPE and make sure all extensions were correct for the right EPs.

Once I did that majority of the objects from all EPs showed up, besides the bloody cereal!!!

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=560072

I have a feeling its because I am using the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that I downloaded off origin rather than using my discs.

I think I need a spare computer for just the disc base game for making CC! One computer for making CC and one for playing it,
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 12:58 AM
Hm... that's strange. I'm using the UC, too, and I see the base game items. I have no idea how to help, sorry!

Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:39 PM
Managed to sort it out!! Time to check if the cereal works in game. Did you manage to fougre out what's going on with yours?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM
Now I'm having the exact same issues as you. my sims keep resetting and being weird.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:47 AM
I figured it out! Dowload the tutorial from AriesFlare: http://modthesims.info/m/7393275

Follow their tutorial from scratch.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:32 AM
Oh, goodie! I'm so happy you figured it out - maybe now we can succeed in our custom food endeavors.

I'll have to give it a whirl tomorrow morning; it's rather dark here and I'm probably more prone to screw some important step up if I'm tired. Plus, I have to go dig around Google for info on installing the Nvidia tools in Photoshop CC. Leave that for tomorrow, I say!

Thank you for the knowledge, CT!

Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 8:09 AM
Awesome! Let me know how it goes
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:39 PM
@XxCTxX

May I ask what settings you chose when grabbing the cereal out of the Object Workshop? I have a feeling I'm not choosing the right settings, because the Geometric Data Container tab is not showing up. I have no GMDCs!

Thanks.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 10:06 PM
I have no GMCDs either.

And the same ones in fireflies'a tutorial. I can't remember the exact ones (on my mobile).

The ones in fireflies downloadable tutorial. The photo is the one when object workshop is open and it's giving you the setting options. Blue window tabbed imagine.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Ather : 19th Jul 2015 at 5:35 PM.
Huh.. Okay. Guess I got confused. Thanks.

I'm going to try my hand at it again now; will be back with an update sometime today!

EDIT: Wow. That's a lot easier than I thought!

The texture I made isn't the best, so I'm not sure if I'd like to upload it, but hey! Progress! I'm so happy right now!

Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 8:19 PM
Omg yay!