Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:59 PM
I've just started playing sims 3. I have 140 MBs with 76 items. Most of them are cars though
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 6:14 PM
Since my uninstall/re-install in December and my last post on page 2 my files have been growing:

9.58 GB/2109 Files/458 Folders

All 3rd party CC some merged some not

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#53 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 7:56 AM
Not really sure anymore, I've merged most of my CC. But I have every Twallan Mod except for SP, a few of Two feet mama's and Cmars. Probably about 256 mb. Is that a gig yet?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 8:09 AM
Currently I only have 1.92 GB/1,608 Files/4 Folders none of it is merged.

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face for you to frown, But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother@#?!&! up side the head!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 3:49 PM
I have only 98MB and 149 files.
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
unmerged backup folders contain just over 700 files for 1.5GB
after merging I have 8 merged and 50 or so object and script mods for 450MB
load time to my custom world 1 min 30-40sec
load time to Sunset Valley or Riverview Save Game - just under 3 min.

Wow on the start up times! You have just inspired me to merge my files. *Rolls up sleeves* Let's do this.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 5:29 PM
I know I have near 300 sims3pack files now... paid a little visit to around the sims recently.. *facepalm*

I do plan to use the stuff, it was all just so preeeeety ^_^

Yeah, since I've been merging package files (and using an FPS limiter) the game is sooo smooth and loads pretty fast.. haven't timed it, though. I've decided to merge by creator rather than thing, as creators tend to make similar things, so it's not so bad.

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#58 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 10:26 PM
I've got something like 100+ files around 700 MB, not nearly as much as I'd thought. Most are skins, hacks, a few objects, and hairs. I try to merge them by creator and object, I've got three main folders: Priority (NRAA and Awesome), Packages (normal stuff like objects and skins), and Probation (new stuff for testing). Inside those folders I usually have folders for Hacks, Objects, Skins, Hairs, ect. Within those folders I usually sort by creator or a sub-category. I've also got a backup on an external hard-drive with backups of all the un-merged files just in case I messed something up.

Lemme say that this process, which I've been using for a long time, has saved the Sims 3 for me.
Scholar
#59 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:13 AM
Too many! (Over 400 just in .packages, over 200 hundred Sim package files.) I need to delete some that I don't even use anymore. Too lazy, though...
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:57 PM
I just combined a lot of my CC into 3 big package files so I only have like 30 files and one folder that's nothing but CAS stuff (skins, hair, makeup etc). All together it's around 420 MB of stuff. I can load up Queentown is around 3-4 minutes.
Instructor
#61 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 7:00 PM
Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't really understand the "merging" thing. ^^' Anyone mind explaining?

Right now, I only have 24 package files. One skin, contacts, three hairs and the rest are just mods. I also have a world installed.
I used to have around 400 I think, but my game decided one day to stop working with them so I had to cut back a lot.
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 7:07 PM
StardustX - I just followed the tutorial here to merge all my CC. I only merge objects and clothing though. Merging CAS stuff tends to make it disappear in game so I keep all my skins, hair, makeup and other CAS stuff in its own folder.
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 8:58 AM
Default Maybe not
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
I really wanted to try this. S3PE freezes, though, when I try to do the import. I am running it as administrator, I'm following the directions, I even checked my files using Sims 3 Dashboard before I started. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Ah, well.

Edit: I may have had an older version of s3pe. The version I just dled is still throwing errors but at least it isn't freezing.

When using S3PE it will seem to freeze up while it is importing the files, and maybe even when it is saving. Sometimes this can last for several minutes. or longer depending on how many and how large the files are. It may look - and windows even sometimes says it isnt responding - but in fact it is working - and just looks frozen or locked up.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 9:18 AM
the CC i use totals about 2.5 GB and the stuff i have stored for my mate totals close to 12 GB
Instructor
#65 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:32 PM
*Revives the thread*
Ahem! For me it would be 130 package files, a few of which I've merged. It's a total of a modest 3,98 or roughly 4 GB.
Haven't noticed any performance loss so far. So that's at least good news!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Fauntleroy : 6th Aug 2014 at 1:22 AM.
I have 272 files, 40 folders, and a total of 1.07 GB of CC, most of which are hairs I've collected from Anubis, GoS, Lotus, and CoolSims. I just binge download and find it hard to part with a hair that even looks half decent, lol.

I'm only recently finding out about all this merging stuff and meh, my game doesn't seem to be greatly affected by it and all of my CC is CAS stuff which apparently gets glitchy when you merge, so I'm just not bothering.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:40 PM
406 packages that I currently use, but merged to fewer by CC Magic. Numerous .packs as well.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:52 PM
I have 1.12 GB worth of cc, I begun merging my cc long ago.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:51 AM
I have 1.32GB. As nfor the files, I have 429, but most of the clothes and hair is merged. If it wasn't for that I would have many more files, estimating to 600 or 700.
Inventor
#70 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:17 PM
A lot...

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#71 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:50 PM
I've only got 182 package files of both Mods and CC in my folder and my game loads fast and runs fast and without lagging.
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:03 PM
7,07 GB worth of stuff.
Theorist
#73 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:11 PM
I got about 2.5 gb each for my medieval and modern day savegames. Plus 1gb of stuff in my dbc, mostly hoods.
So around 6gb but not loaded at the same time.
I just noticed: my CC goes up by about 500mb a year, which is a nice healthy number I think , not too much nor too little.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 3 of 3