Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#176 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:58 AM
I just went on a world downloading spree yesterday, and from a quick look into all of them I like the worlds by Rflong7 at the Exchange, worlds by BluebellFlora and Mariner's Reach. I also downloaded Champs les Sims Deluxe from the Exchange and Richdre's worlds at Bear Mountain Creations
Mariner's Reach could be my favourite but has too many plants for my system, and the world I then decided to play is Isle of Sims. So far, I'm liking it, some houses are a little bit bland and the community lots could do with some redecorating, but the world itself is beautiful. And although I'm not usually into this kind of themed-shaped world Rflong's Broken Heart Island looks very promising.
But I realised that I prefer pre-populated worlds and so the WA version of Niua Simoa is still my favourite. Riverblossom Hils would have beat that, but, as I said earlier, I can't play it
Advertisement
Theorist
#177 Old 23rd May 2011 at 2:53 PM
I found a nice little hood here, but the download link isn't working. Can anyone get that working?
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/376007.page

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#178 Old 23rd May 2011 at 4:16 PM
Great worlds I've recently installed are Red Desert and Red County, both at thesims3.com. Just search for ''red'' in the download section and you'll find them

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#179 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:25 PM
Just found this world Aantalia and i LOVE IT. Granted i cant download and play it because with all those trees, it WILL lag and freeze horribly...but i hope some of you can play it nice and enjoy it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/335735.page
Inventor
#180 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:32 PM
I find that Red County and Los Anlegos, Neverglade and MoonBase Delta are really really nice. I have some domes for the Moonbase that are occupied at the Exchange if you are interested in ground paint which is about all I do. Both Red Counth and MoonBase Delta are easy on slower systems so when I have had it with lag I play with those for a while. They are starter domes with families and I dont edit them or do anything special with scripting.
Theorist
#181 Old 24th May 2011 at 6:07 PM
New Coconut Island (3.0 Beta 5) is out. Very nice.

http://www.snootysims.com/forums/vi...a38963aaa9e516c

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#182 Old 24th May 2011 at 6:33 PM
Oh my goodness, it's been a few months since I last tested Coconut Island and it's looking even more amazing now! Can't wait to download when I get home from work. Thanks for the info!

At one time, Broken Heart Island came pre-populated, I think - or maybe it was a saved game. If I locate one I'll let you know. But I keep a stash of families in my library and by the time I place them and they get jobs and co-workers, within a couple of days I have a good population going. So empty worlds don't really bother me. When I played on my laptop I actually preferred it because a lower population reduced lagging on larger worlds. :p

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#183 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:39 PM
Can anyone recommend a world that's really nature based? I'm talking trees and flowers everywhere and old-style/victorian styled buildings.

What the avatar says...
Theorist
#184 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:57 PM
If you like Ruthless KKs lots (some of which are at MTS), you might also like her world, Victorian Bay. There is a new updated version, one that I plan to grab myself - more info located here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...81.page#5016366

She also has an older version that is just base game compatible, but I had trouble installing it back when it came out. I don't currently have it installed on my new PC so I can't remember exactly, but I think for this version I had to rename it to remove the 2.0 in the name and then it would install. But don't quote me on that, you might have to search for the info if you want this version. Lots of victorian houses and it's a very pretty world.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#185 Old 25th May 2011 at 7:01 PM Last edited by ebec17 : 25th May 2011 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Adding
Broken Heart isn't working for me for some reason. The rest of the worlds I've tried for Rflong7 look great

Quick question - what world would you recommend if Bridgeport HATES you and you want a town with some LN stuff and is urbanish? Los Aniegos is WAY too big for me, for example. Heck, Riverblossom Hills has some nasty lags, though they're managable because I love the world so freaking much (even with the mutant fog spawners XD)
Field Researcher
#186 Old 25th May 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
Broken Heart isn't working for me for some reason. The rest of the worlds I've tried for Rflong7 look great

Quick question - what world would you recommend if Bridgeport HATES you and you want a town with some LN stuff and is urbanish? Los Aniegos is WAY too big for me, for example. Heck, Riverblossom Hills has some nasty lags, though they're managable because I love the world so freaking much (even with the mutant fog spawners XD)

Have you tried Brooklyn Heights? http://www.mysimrealty.com/2011/03/...ights-v-10.html

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:01 PM
Victorian Bay looks amazing, does anyone have a direct download to it or knows where I can get it without using EA exchange (it nevers works for me) Or even some place thats similar to it.
thx
Scholar
#188 Old 26th May 2011 at 1:18 AM
Thanks, I couldn't tell from the description if it was a really large one or not, and I didn't want to risk killing my computer with too big a world I'll download it now, it looks pretty
Forum Resident
#189 Old 26th May 2011 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apocryphallen
Victorian Bay looks amazing, does anyone have a direct download to it or knows where I can get it without using EA exchange (it nevers works for me) Or even some place thats similar to it.
thx

This is the link to Victorian Bay on The Exchange:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3949446
Copy this to the browser:
sims3://download/?assetId=???
??? is the ID of the item you want to download, in this case is 3949446
Press Enter

The EA Download Manager will launch automatically and download it for you. :P
The other one
#190 Old 26th May 2011 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Well, I downloaded it yesterday and while it does look amazing it is not really a world to play in, I think. For several reasons:
1. You'd need a pretty decent computer to run it on, because every single lot has between 30 and 170 (!) fog spawners on them, plus the world itself is foggy...

Perhaps this isn't intentional. I recently found out that there's a bug with the game that causes spawners to multiply on lots when they get rotated. Perhaps the guy who made them rotated them but didn't realise they had multiplied before uploading....not that it makes a difference, the rest of the issues are enough to put me off downloading it, I really want something hassle free, lol

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#191 Old 26th May 2011 at 1:47 PM
Yes, I know. It was me who complained about too many spawners on one of your lots (which is a bug, as we have all found out by now). But in the case of the Silent Hill world I thinks it's intentional, because it was clearly made with the machinima in mind.
When I loaded it for the first time I had about 500 errors recorded by twallan's Error Trap. Needless to say that I just grabbed one or two of the lots and then uninstalled it again.

On a side note: Does anyone know of an instance where build stuff can be erroneously duplicated, too? I just installed ruthless_kk's Victorian Bay world and found several instances of the same column stacked into each other in the Vampire Lounge's basement, sometimes up to six columns on the same spot.
Inventor
#192 Old 27th May 2011 at 6:58 AM
The only custom worlds I have tried are El_Flel's Late Night Sunset Valley and Coasterboi's Los Aniegos. I like what they both did. The only things I don't like are the way I had to download El_Flel's world, and how it's just a save game tha tI have to remind myself which one not to save, must use save as to preserve the save game. Of course, I've forgotten until it's too late a couple times. With Los Aniegos, what I don't like are the frequent lag spikes. I've downloaded on two different computers, and they both have the same problem. I'm sure I need to upgrade my processor on my computer, though, at least I know I will in order to meet recommended (not require) specs for Generations Ex-Pac. Overall, they're both nice in their own way.
Field Researcher
#193 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
The only custom worlds I have tried are El_Flel's Late Night Sunset Valley and Coasterboi's Los Aniegos. I like what they both did. The only things I don't like are the way I had to download El_Flel's world, and how it's just a save game tha tI have to remind myself which one not to save, must use save as to preserve the save game. Of course, I've forgotten until it's too late a couple times.[snip].

Rename the save game to something like 'Sunset Valley - LN - DO NOT DELETE'

Then just use it and save the game under a new name ( SV-LN-Current, for example ) and you will always have your pristine save game.
Theorist
#194 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:52 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 27th May 2011 at 9:39 AM.
About a month ago I stumbled upon this amazing world called Harmony, you can find it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/347942.page

Harmony manages to fit a suburb, an urban downtown, a swamp, a farming village, a mountain, and a desert all into one world in a believable way which I think is an amazing feat. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for sims that represent different subcultures too. I have about 80 sims living there and it's a lot of fun. It's going to be even better to play in the suburbs with the prank system in Generations, and I think the horses coming with EP5 will really make the farm town stand out. If an EP focusing on sports comes out I can imagine the beach area will be great for volleyball and fencing tournaments. I highly recommend everyone who enjoys an all-purpose kind of world to try it out, I guarantee you won't regret it. I can definitely imagine sticking with Harmony all the way to the final EP.

Jasumi's Oahu is stunning, I never knew about that one. I love the functioning highway, nice touch. I'm really feeling the SimCity vibes there. I'll have to try it out once it's released though I'll probably need a better computer for it to run well and still look pretty.
Mad Poster
#195 Old 27th May 2011 at 12:43 PM
Just looked over Harmony, it may be what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jasumi frequents this site and this forum, so I hope he sees this. I am really anticipating putting my hands on Oahu. Hope it is going well.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#196 Old 27th May 2011 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just looked over Harmony, it may be what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've downloaded (or at least checked out the page for) every world mentioned in this thread. Agree that Harmony looks promising for what I'm looking for, though not sure how it'll play. Some lots looked pretty isolated from the main sections, meaning long commutes.

Also, is there any way to get rid of ghosts on a lot, because I get a feeling the "Haunted House" would be a great starter, except for those pesky ghosts...
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:40 PM
Im looking for a custom world that is unpopulated but cant seem to find any I like so far. Im playing Riverblossom Hills just now and rather enjoying it.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Theorist
#198 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:57 PM
Well, the new hood I am playing, Emerald City, it may just be the best one I have so far played. There's a couple of dodgy beach lots and ES rabbitholes but nothing that can't be fixed with a little bulldozing. It's awesome :0

#BlairWitchPetition
Forum Resident
#199 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:08 AM
Harmony is one of my favorites as well. I love that it's compact so you can have your sim experience different atmospheres, like the city or the country, without traveling miles to get there. My only issue is that I wish it had more space in the city part. I want to add more smaller urban buildings without bulldozing any high-rises. I thinking of bulldozing the "Haunted House" so I can put in an arcade :3
Forum Resident
#200 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:44 PM
Not sure these have been mentioned in the thread, but I've found two very promising worlds. Haven't played them yet, but have flown around in Edit Town mode checking things out, and both seem well-built and have a good flow to them. They are Sanctuary and Saskan Harbor.

You can find info and links to Sanctuary here:
http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=17142.0

Here's the info/link for Saskan Harbor:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/166857.page

Both have a good deal of room for future expansions or just more user-created houses. Sanctuary has at least two tombs, which I find pretty exciting.

The downside to Sanctuary is it's huge, and some homes can be pretty remote from town center. This is apparently by design; so care should be taken when deciding where your sims will live. Take into account where they'll work, and make sure to select a home which is nearby. There are some really interesting homes in Sanctuary; so I'm looking forward to playing it...
Page 8 of 42