Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:47 AM
Default What's the longest generation you've gone with your legacy/nonlegacy sims?
I am pathetic. I cheat a lot in my sims. SO! Mine would be…1…none of them died…I'm trying to not cheat; it's so hard!
:p
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:50 AM
I'm currently on generation 9 in my legacy. I love generational play and seeing how my family and the neighborhood progress.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:53 AM
So far, the Sims 3 for me, got too boring to quick for me to do more than 3 generations. I'm planning on doing an epic one when the Sims 3 Generations comes out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:55 AM
@cali! Waaaah! How do you have the patience to keep playing? I always get bored (maybe because I have pseudo-ADHD) of playing; I want to explore more sims; but I probably should start a legacy; and see how far I could go.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:14 AM
None, I can barely stand to watch my sims dies, and if they do I bring them back as ghosts.. Half of them have a reason why they shouldn't age, and their offspring when they get to a certain age, but I like to watch the town age.. Having said that, I pretty much killed off all the characters from bridgeport through aging, which was fun. Seeing that stupid Lilly-bo Chique looking 80 having accomplished nothing with her life.. Then I felt bad, so I gave her a family from CAS.

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:50 AM
I got to generation 7 and the only reason I'm not still playing this family is because the backup that this family is saved on, doesn't work. But currently, in the new hood, I'm still on generation 1, with generation 2 on the way.
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:04 AM
I haven't tried playing past generation 3 reaching the child stage.

As someone else said, I don't like seeing sims die. Aside from playing with aging off, I also installed the Vampires are truly Immortal mod (aging stops upon reaching YA). If they become vampires as an adult, they won't age either. That and well, I've pretty much been only playing Vampire families. I suppose that with that mod, I could turn aging on.

I also sometimes like to give them a death flower to keep in their inventory, making them invulnerable to death.

Once I did see the head of household die of thirst in a different family. But I brought him back to life, since he just had a new child and I didn't think it was his time. He was also level 10 in his career. Actually, so was the mother I think, but it's still better if the father can earn money.

I might try playing a true legacy sometime, but not right now. I'd have to use regular sims though, since to me Vampires are supposed to live forever unless staked or don't receive sufficient blood.

Another idea is a sim-bot family, and each sim-bot has to complete the sim-bot opportunity chain. Except....how long do sim-bots live with aging enabled? Are they immortal (without mods)? I just realized that I don't know.

Too bad I can't do a mummy family, since they can't reproduce.
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:24 AM
I've only gotten to generation 3--I tend to take a lot of breaks from my game, and by the time I come back there's a new EP or I haven't finished exploring the old EP (for example, I still haven't done a lot of LN related things, but that's partly because Bridgeport is really buggy for me). I also tend to get bored with toddlers and children, but I'm hoping Generations will make it funner to do a legacy!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 11:09 AM
Well I'm on generation number #2 at the moment. I just have to wait until Joy ages up to a young adult, and Hope ages up to a toddler I feel like a generation king already
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:06 PM
Before WA was released, I was able to get to generation four. I muddled through the lifeless child and boring teen years to get them to YA so I can play a new family. After the WA patch left that world blue- lotted, I haven't had an interest in going through all that again, so I make a family get them started and have a child, then move on to another CAS created family. I tend to build more than play at the moment, so hopefully Generations will change that now. I think I can play more than one generation in one family, instead of playing them a little and seeing how the world grows with a new sim.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:23 PM
Neverglade that I just started playing is at gen 1 getting married, that is stock sims without children, that raised children are now pairing up their kids. Topher and Aiden, Malika and the Funke kids are marrying kids I raised from the larva stage. Their kids will be gen 2, but I have to add that I just started playing Neverglade less than 2 months ago and I play on epic. I have almost stocked the whole villiage and the non Heirs (Heir =The sorry sap that gets the house when the parents die) are getting the larger dynasty properties. Aiden has three kids so he will be the first with gen2 unless story line does something foolish. Kim Kents kids might give me a gen2 soon.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:19 PM
I've gotten up to generation 4 aging up to a teenager before getting bored. This goes for both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 for me.

I recently lost my old hard drive & my old legacy family however, so I'm starting all over, I'm only up to second generation as toddlers right now.
Alchemist
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyba
@cali! Waaaah! How do you have the patience to keep playing? I always get bored (maybe because I have pseudo-ADHD) of playing; I want to explore more sims; but I probably should start a legacy; and see how far I could go.

I get bored with my Sims usually by the time they reach elder stage, once they've gotten to the tops of their careers and achieved their lifetime wants. By then, my focus turns to the heir, so my interest is always engaged by something in the legacy. I love seeing each new generation, and watching the rest of the town progress with my family (I use Twallan's story progression mod because with EA's SP, the town just dies out.)
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:32 PM
I've gotten up to generation ... 6 or 7 (I think), playing The Random Legacy Challenge, because it kept the thing interesting and new for me ^^
The family tree was very ... intricate, because it happened that most of my sims had to have at least 2 or 3 children, that also had 2 or 3 children ... and so on.Also, I saw that second grade cousins married and had children.

Well, I'll continue playing ^^
Alchemist
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:34 PM
generation 6, going on 7...

the only real obstacle for me is keeping my save file uncorrupted, which is actually pretty damn difficult (and ive had to bring it back from the dead, before, which cut down on my progress quite a bit).

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:38 PM
I'm still playing the first TS3 family I created on launch day which started with a single male. I believe the family is on generation 14. Have to check a current family member's tree to be sure
Inventor
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:18 PM
I think the farthest I've gotten was 6 generations maybe.
Here lately I've been bad about finding sims i really like and turning aging off til I get certain things accomplished. From day 1 I've always wanted to play a family to 10 generations.
At some point I NEED to do this lol Just stick with one family instead of switching around the neighborhood. Moving out any extra siblings and trying to resist the urge to switch to their houses lol

Maybe soon I will do that. (I'll probably start a new hood to do it in though.)

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:56 PM
Like, 3. I got to 7 in TS2, but I get sooo bored playing the same family. I am hoping that with the ability to adjust the amount of time a sim spends as each age group with Generations, I will be able to play the same family for longer.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:10 PM
I always get to generation 3, and then I get bored. Right now my Gen 3 are teenagers, and I'm getting bored, but I've been blogging them and realllyyy want to finish.
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:23 PM
I've never done a Legacy in Sims 3. In Sims 2 I've gotten to generation 5 before my system "blew up" and I had to build a new one.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:32 PM
I've never gotten farther than the second generation aging up to young adults, in either TS3 or TS2. It's not that I grow bored (although I do sometimes), it's just that by that time, I've gotten a new EP and I delete everything off my computer in order to uninstall it with no problems. Sometimes, I'll keep a back up of the save but, for the most part, I don't care enough about the Sims in question to do that.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:35 PM
I like to play the same large family although this always leads to having nobody to marry since everyone is cousins! I'm on generation 8 of the family. I keep track by giving numerials to the oldest son.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:09 PM
I think I'd bother to play generations if there was some reward in game for doing so. For example, as time goes on advances are made in science and other areas, towns and cities are developed, new things are added. So I'd like to see, once you've hit your 5th generation or so, a little notification saying "The sonic shower had been invented by Soand So" just to simulate progress. You can argue that the progress is in developing the plot of land and the house that the family lives in but everything new that replaces something old was already there but the family couldn't afford it. In many ways that is development, but not the kind I'm after.

Also... I want an avatar!! :'(

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:49 PM
I've never switched aging on in a normal hood. In my legacy one, I got to generation 2 but I'm not liking how things have turned out, so I might start a new one. If I don't, I'll enable Sims 2 style aging with awesome mod and age up my normal hoods one household at a time.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 2:52 AM
The farthest I've gotten is when my generation 5 heir was a teen. Then, the hood became corrupted and I rage-quitted and deleted the family. I ended up retrieving their household, but none of the spares, and I placed them in a new neighborhood. I quickly got bored and deleted them, for good this time. I've started a new pseudo-legacy and the first child of generation 2 was just born.
Page 1 of 3