Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:44 PM
Default How do you change the come and see reaction?
Does anyone know how to change a sims "What's this?" reaction when they go and inspect something new? I have some objects that sims hate--they look at them and gag and their shoulders slump--so obviously I'd like to change that but I can't figure out how. I've searched and compared package files of objects with different reactions (hate it, neutral & love it) for absolutely hours trying to figure it out and I can't find it.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 7:16 PM
I'm not sure if the answer lies within the objects themselves. I think the "What's this?" is interaction is part of general Sim behavior as opposed to individual objects. Hence the "No 'What's this?'" hack should work for all objects, whether newly created CC or original game content. (It's kinda like how a make over at the mirror will produce various approval responses regardless of what--if any--change was made.) The reaction may be entirely random. But I could also be wrong.

I'm not sure where the "What's this?" interaction is located (semi-globals?), but you might look there.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, I looked at Pescado's hack and the behavior and animations are in the bhavs but I haven't had any luck finding anything in the specific objects. This line looked interesting but it's the same for all of the objects:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x004E (Look At Score) := Literal 0x0005)

I've also searched through the semi globals but I don't think the reactions are in the semi globals because sims react differently to different objects that use the same semi globals. For instance, higher priced coffee tables get a positive reaction and cheaps ones get a negative one but price isn't the deciding factor because sims cheer for all of the cheap IKEA stuff. They seem to have two reactions each if they like something or hate it and it's random which reaction they'll pick but they don't seem to switch the general reaction. Meaning if they like it they always like it but sometimes they'll cheer and sometimes give a half-hearted fist pump. If I'm right about it not being random--and I might be wrong and I just haven't tested their reactions enough--then I'm pretty sure something in the OBJD controls it but I can't figure out that either. So far, switching out the OBJD to use one from an object that has the reaction I want has worked 100% of the time but making changes to it caused it to revert to the old reaction.

I had to take a break for a bit because company stopped by but I'll experiment some more with it to see if something in the OBJD is actually changing the reaction or it just seemed that way at the time. Thanks for you input, MSD.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:19 PM
Do you want to stop them looking at it at all Honeywell?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:29 PM
No, not really...I don't think? I just want them to stop gagging when they look at my flowers and planters. lol Are we talking about the same thing though? My objects don't have the view interaction that you usually have for art and deco. Sims can only look at these things if it's the last thing that was bought when they get the little "what's this?" icon and go over and inspect the new item.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:06 PM
I think that is actually in the OBJD Honeywell.

Open up the .package in SimPE, select the OBJD resource in Plug-in view, and open the RAW data tab. Then find the line saying "0x0007: Interaction Table ID, and change the value to 0xFFFF. Then commit. (In multi tiled objects, all OBJDs need to be changed accordingly for it to work) This alters the object so it can no longer be interacted with. That might work.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Thanks, Lee. I was wondering what that was and even changed it a few times but my objects all have 0xFFFF in that field by default and it doesn't stop this interaction.

ETA:
After working on this a little more it seems that price is what determines the reaction to objects--except for the IKEA stuff pack. Sims are always happy with the IKEA stuff no matter what the price but as soon as you change the ep flags to make it basegame compatible they're disgusted with the $8 vase.