Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 6:12 AM
2^
You're welcome!

I tried to look up the current uk house on google, but all it showed me was who had been eliminated :P. I did see a shot of the backyard, and if the rest of the house is as amazing as the backyard, this should be a pretty nice house!

Speaking of real life Big Brother, does anyone else watch the US series. I'm rooting for Shane to win, although I wouldn't mind if Ian won. Boogie, however, can walk off into the sunset at any time.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 7:41 AM
I started my Big Brother Challenge! I used Harold's Island for the world and built my own house. And these suckers are held in by a huge stone wall. No gate. They don't deserve one.

These are basically random sims. I let myself have three edits or rerolls on each one and a random skin. Man, are these finicky, bitchy sims. I have never seen eight sims like each other less. The whole first week, when they weren't painting, they were fighting. And even though they didn't have a bookshelf or TV to waste time with, they performed almost constantly sims' other two favorite activities: looking out windows and telling ghost stories. All day long.

No one was attracted to the fireplace, but on Friday morning, there was a kitchen fire and since nobody had the gall to just put it out, Golda, one of the only friendly sims in the bunch, caught on fire and everybody watched while she basically melted. Their punishment for letting a fellow sim die was having to put it out (everyone at once).

One week down, seven to go!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#53 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 7:34 PM
Oh duh! I forgot we could post pictures and tell our stories.

I'm gonna go take some pictures and try to retell my challenge from the beginning, which may be difficult, seeing as one of them has already been kicked out. >.<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:01 PM
I am so happy people are into this challenge! Personally I love it for it's 'people watching' potential. I'd love to see moar pics!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telephonesnow
I started my Big Brother Challenge! I used Harold's Island for the world and built my own house. And these suckers are held in by a huge stone wall. No gate. They don't deserve one.

Fairycake said: Muahahahah!

These are basically random sims. I let myself have three edits or rerolls on each one and a random skin. Man, are these finicky, bitchy sims. I have never seen eight sims like each other less. The whole first week, when they weren't painting, they were fighting. And even though they didn't have a bookshelf or TV to waste time with, they performed almost constantly sims' other two favorite activities: looking out windows and telling ghost stories. All day long.

No one was attracted to the fireplace, but on Friday morning, there was a kitchen fire and since nobody had the gall to just put it out, Golda, one of the only friendly sims in the bunch, caught on fire and everybody watched while she basically melted. Their punishment for letting a fellow sim die was having to put it out (everyone at once).

One week down, seven to go!

Love the pics! Looking forward to seeing more of this!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 11:07 PM
Hey, thanks for reading, fairycake89! This is loads of fun.

SO: End of the second week. I can't believe it! FOUR SIMS DOWN. Two more by fire - seriously, a stove with inexperienced cookers and no fire alarm (and no brave traits!) is deadlier than a fireplace! They stand around like, "OMG he's on fire. Better do my funny fire dance." They are all on punishment for letting three sims DIE BY FIRE so I took away their favorite toy, the windows. They're lost without windows to stare out of! Now their new activity is pillow fights.

Moving on, the two other sims to die were Hudson and Jupiter, two of the other mild mannered folks. Typical. About the twelfth day, I'm like, "OK, who's the asshole. Because one of you is causing all this drama and you've got to go." You guessed it. It was Aspen. I checked her traits and sure enough, there they were, the deadly duo: Grumpy and Mean-Spirited. Sheesh! That girl wreaked havoc on the household, and I decided I wasn't going to wait to get her outta there. I couldn't take one more knock-down drag-out between her and Byron. Bye-bye, drama queen! So long! See you later, stupid! We kicked her out, and there was much rejoicing (yay!).

ENTER: Two new sims. Duane and Mary. I couldn't see going through the next six weeks with only four sims, so here they are. We'll see!

So far Lois is winning, with Pericles as a silly second. That guy. He just cracks me up.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#57 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 11:50 PM
^Haha. Sims can be real morons :P

Since I'm using mods to get 14 Sims in my house at once, my game often crashes. I remember one pre-crash game where my Sims all decided to get in the pool at once, and being the idiot I am, I only gave them one pool ladder . Luckily, only one Sim drowned, however that one sim was the only black person in the house! I think my game may be racist. However, my game crashed before I could save, so she lived! Which turned out to be a very good turnout, as she was the only one smart enough to extinguish the fire on Day 2.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll load pictures of all the contestants and their house.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 2:38 AM
First sets of friends! Lois and Pericles are friends, and Lois and Mary are friends (mostly because they love standing around all day, schmoozing together, it's disgusting to watch). Still waiting for any romance. Way to keep it boring, guys.

Swimming was a big hit. It's the only thing they've really gotten into yet. Weird though, a couple of them totally swam their butts off (some literally, check out Mary!) and didn't get any athletic points at all. Glitches? Glitches. Frown slash whatever.

Another win for Lois! But I'm going to give 10 points to Mary for best effort. In the meantime, a fun shot of two drama queens (Betsy and Byron) passing out from seeing their dead roommate. Pansies.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM
@gizmoman49, re: Roger - yeah, traits like "No Sense of Humor," "Grumpy," and "Mean-Spirited" are basically the kiss of death as far as autonomously making buddies. Cool dudes and dudettes! At this point I only have 5 little kittens running around, I can only imagine 14. Yikes! Hope your house is big, ha ha. Can't wait to see it!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 3:14 PM
Week 4/5 Update: Mary has gone back to her original size, two blooming romances, Betsy kicked out for terribleness, Music Week a HUGE HIT with the sims (not since Pool Week have they been so WILLING), mostly happy little sims since troublemaker Betsy has gone. The only remaining trouble maker is Byron. Diva! Ugh.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:11 PM
Week 6 Update: Logic week was pretty fun, Lois had a baby (rules whatever she was almost an elder I panicked!!!) and named it after the nicest, dead roommate (Jupiter) and Bryant got kicked out. Peace, perfect peace, reigns in this household. Except for sometimes when Pericles gets saucy and flirts with Mary. Duane could care less but come on, not in front of your baby-mama, Pericles. Really.

Points update: Lois in the lead with 40 points, Mary and Duane tied for second with 20 points. Pericles actually has zero points, he's just friendly with everyone.

Modification note: I actually ended up making it so that there's an eviction on the even weeks (two, four, six). I just had to. My NRaas SP gives me all these little updates about the losers I kicked out. Hilariously enough, Aspen and Betsy had bastard children with the same townie, but Betsy ended up marrying him. #gossiptown
Screenshots
Instructor
#62 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:58 PM
Swimming was a big hit. It's the only thing they've really gotten into yet. Weird though, a couple of them totally swam their butts off (some literally, check out Mary!) and didn't get any athletic points at all. Glitches? Glitches. Frown slash whatever.

I found that some activites won't add skill points unless they already have skill points in that area. Athletics and Charisma are the ones I find this the most often.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 4:29 AM
Quote:
I found that some activites won't add skill points unless they already have skill points in that area. Athletics and Charisma are the ones I find this the most often.

That was the only thing I could think of, because the replacement Mary came in the week after the treadmills were out, and so she never got a chance to properly get started gaining Athletic points.

Quote:
The dining room (I'm thinking of putting some paintings in here. That back wall is too bland.)

Careful - if your sims are anything like mine, they'll use a whole crapton of freetime pondering those paintings. My sims have only now, in the seventh week, earned back their windows (and they're already abusing their privileges!).
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
And finally the Head of Household bedroom, where the all-powerful HoH will sleep.

ALSO: Really like this idea!! haha
Field Researcher
#65 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 5:35 AM
ALSO: Really like this idea!! haha

Haha, thanks. For clarification in future posts, the Head of Household (or HoH) gets a luxury bedroom with a private bathroom, is safe from eviction, but must nominate 2 houseguests for eviction. Have-Nots have to sleep in the unlit, undecorated Have-Not Room, where they sleep on uncomfortable beds (or in my case, sleeping bags), and in addition, whenever someone makes a mess or breaks something the Have-Nots must clean or fix it.

Just a little clarification :P
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:06 PM
Mid-week seven update: I have elders! (And a kid. Whoops.) It's just funny, I didn't think about them getting old when I started the challenge. Weirdly enough, this is probably the longest I've played with a single house (long enough for a fresh young adult to become an elder) in ages. Glad I'm doing this challenge! I've been thinking about segueing this challenge into the Zombie Aftermath Challenge by cannibalcupcake. Not a very good prize, I know, but on the other hand, it's the only way I'd keep playing with the winner, heh. In the meantime, enjoy the sappy picture. Only one week to go!!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
Have-Nots have to sleep in the unlit, undecorated Have-Not Room, where they sleep on uncomfortable beds (or in my case, sleeping bags), and in addition, whenever someone makes a mess or breaks something the Have-Nots must clean or fix it.

Oh my god, you have a punishment room! Hahahaha, hilarious, I love it. PS I'm rooting for Gregory and Ling Ling.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:27 PM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 24th Nov 2012 at 8:15 PM.
Episode 4: And We're Live in 3...2...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:30 PM
omg guys you're cracking me up! But seriously dontcha think the sims was just made for this sort of challenge?
Great work guys!
Instructor
#70 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:39 AM
Oh my god, you have a punishment room! Hahahaha, hilarious, I love it. PS I'm rooting for Gregory and Ling Ling.

Starting up this challenge myself and that is what I am doing rather than weekly eviction. Using the secret door from WA the lowest scorer gets locked in for the whole week.

The room is equiped with a cheap bed, bad shower, bad stove and fridge and one of what ever the weeks challenge item is. The previous attempt(that crashed sadly) had them going nuts with lonelyness. Sept one who had loner as a trat. She was rather happy in there.

Oh, and before they are locked in they get to fix everything broken on the lot in the last week.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:12 AM
"One beautiful Sunday afternoon, eight strangers show up at The Addison House. They all have different backgrounds, different personalities, different appearances, yet each desires the same thing: to win 50,000 Simoleons. The rules are simple - simply survive in the house, perform the tasks assigned to them, and try to get along with everyone. At the end of the week, each Sim has to vote for one Sim to eliminate. The Sim with the most votes leaves The Addison House and their shot at 50,000 Simoleons.

"But there is a twist - The Addison House is (in)famous for being haunted. Fifty years ago, Asher and Christine Addison were a seemingly-happily married couple living in this very house. No one knows why Christine murdered her husband one day, locking him in their fire-lit cellar and ignoring his screams as he burned to death. Christine went to prison and their house became a bit of a tourist trap. Some say they can hear Asher's screams, that they feel watched, or that they feel sudden intense heat on their skin. Others say it's all psychological and the 'ghost of Asher' is purely a myth, having felt nothing on their visits.

"Regardless of what the contestants may believe, they will have to try and live in this house for eight weeks in hopes of winning 50,000 Simoleons. Let's meet our contestants.

Name: Amie Spears.
Traits: Brave, Couch Potato, Frugal, Mean-Spirited,
Basics: She's a hard-working girl looking for love, and she'll beat you up if you call her fat.
She wants the money to: Own her own business corporation

Name: Stefan Berlitz
Traits: Couch Potato, Loves the Outdoors, Hot-Headed, Daredevil, Party Animal
Basics: He's a sharp-dressed German who loves city and country life, but achtung if you cross him the wrong way.
He wants the money to: Build a nature lover's resort with a swanky bar onsite.

(On left)
Name: Rocco Hodges
Traits: Can't Stand Art, Eco-Friendly, Excitable, Frugal, Slob
Basics: He's a self-proclaimed no-nonsense geek who hates reality show contestants and is only here for the money (as evidenced by his thought bubble.)
He wants the money to: Upgrade his bachelor pad with tons of high-tech toys and eco-friendly equipment and enjoy it. By himself.

(On right)
Name: Lara Valle
Traits: Genius, Good, Handy, Nurturing, Vegetarian
Basics: She's descended from a long line of Simerican Indians and she believes her natural talents will help her win.
She wants the money to: Have a great big garden and a small quaint house to live the old-fashioned way.

Name: Lucas Bernal
Traits: Brave, Savvy Sculptor, Cat Person, Snob, Good Sense of Humor
Basics: He's an artistic emo kid who loves his two fluffy cats and his old-school slapstick comedy DVDs.
He wants the money to: Move out of his parents' basement and rent the perfect apartment.

Name: Dewayne Dent.
Traits: Bookworm, Can't Stand Art, Good Kisser, Inappropriate, Vehicle Enthusiast.
Basics: He's weird and nothing he says makes sense. Rumor is he's a good kisser but no one has dared to see for themselves if it's true.
He wants the money to: We don't know. He stated his answer in Klingon and we haven't deciphered it yet.

Name: Alyssa Krebs
Traits: Artistic, Good Kisser, Neurotic, Perceptive, Schmoozer
Basics: She's a fashionista who wants nothing less than to be a five-star celebrity.
She wants the money to: Fix the poor nose job her last plastic surgeon ruined.

Name: Saki Ming
Traits: Flirty, Hates the Outdoors, No Sense of Humor, Perfectionist, Snob
Basics: She loves everything J-pop and punk who's serious about becoming a famous drummer.
She wants the money to: Buy some drums and launch her way to stardom.

"Now that we've introduced our contestants, we'll check in to see how they're doing each week. Who will soar? Who will sink? Who will be loved? Who will be eliminated? And is there anything to the rumors of Asher Addison's ghost? Stay tuned."

(Finally, my first posted story! I'll keep up with them each week. Pics of The Addison House are down below [if it works]. The little creepy building with the dark basement is the cellar where Asher Addison died. The rest is the house exactly as left by the Addison's. Whoever wins each task is exempt from elimination and spends one night in the Addison's master bedroom [if they dare!]. The guest bedroom with all their beds [only seven though!] is only open from 10pm to 8am and is locked in between those times.)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:31 AM
^Nice! Love the haunted mansion twist!

Sorry guys, I meant to get a second post up today, but I was preoccupied with other things. I promise I'll get the nominations tomorrow!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 9:13 PM
This place has been a mad house lately! Week seven ended in absolute hilarity. Dude, only these sims. So first of all, Mary and Duane had a baby (yeah yeah yeah, w/e). They've been on the rocks lately but I think the kid brought them together a bit.

Also, Jupiter grew up. Cute!

End of the week - they go to a dive bar. It's a little town, not much going on. But these guys manage to tear it up. First of all, Mary brought Baby Lucien to the bar. Smart move, that. No baby-sitter fee!

Then, before anyone can have any fun, the bartender dies. Great, guys! You killed the town's only bartender. Really, this could only happen to this household.

Meanwhile, Jupiter came to the bar and had a great time playing with an adult with Lady Gaga hair, who delighted in chasing him around the bar. All I could think of was The Big Lebowski. "Pederasts." lol.

Jupiter then went home and asked his dead namesake for a bedtime story. Adorable.

Last of all, Lucien aged up. Pretty cute little berry sim.

These guys, I swear. So the winner of week seven as actually Pericles! Yay, he finally won something. It's because he's just such a friendly dude. The girls have lost touch over his friendliness, though. Started week eight! Everyone gets a job (whatever's in the newspaper), including Jupiter, who became a teenager on Sunday afternoon. Almost to the end!
Forum Resident
#74 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 3:00 AM
The Addison House - Chapter 2
Before starting their day, our lucky eight contestants learn a few more rules. In order to keep their privileges (shower, toilet, beds), they have to take care of them. Cleaning is definitely part of it, but another big part is not breaking the equipment. A stiff penalty is in place for anyone who breaks an appliance - they must spend 24 hours in the dark cellar where Asher Addison died. There is no food, no toilet, no couch, no anything - only rotted moldy old newspapers. The only exception to this rule is on Saturday - Asher Addison was killed on a Saturday and no one is permitted in the cellar on that day. Anybody in the cellar will be released as soon as Saturday begins, and if an appliance is broken, there is no penalty.

The task this week? Painting. Our contestants must try to gain as many painting skill points as possible - the one with the highest gain wins immunity. There is also another advantage - the money they earn selling their paintings will go toward a special prize. Over the weeks, as they collect money from their different tasks, once they earn 350 Simoleons, they can buy a Free Pass from the cellar. That means if they break something, they do not have to spend 24 hours in the cellar. Each pass is one time only!

There is another catch - if a contestant breaks something, they have to pay for the repairman (50 Simoleons). If they do not have the money, they are in debt and must pay off the debts before earning money for the Free Pass.

Now that we have the rules, let's look at our secret cameras and see how our contestants are doing...

And they're off! Our contestants are already getting started on their painting...except for Saki, who has interrupted Rocco from his painting to gossip. She hasn't even started on hers.

Saki's gimmick is to bore people to death. She does it all. the. time.
Lucas: Zzzzz...
Lara: Good grief, Saki, what did you do?!
Saki: I was reciting the periodic table. I thought he'd be interested.

Dewayne likes to mock other people and complain about them to everyone else, while Alyssa talks about conspiracies a lot. Dewayne especially likes to pick on nerdy Rocco, but here he's ranting about Stefan's face.
Dewayne: I mean, doesn't he look like a llama? I just want to pee like an Alabama racehorse every time I see him.
Alyssa: Uh, Dewayne? He's right over there. He can hear you.
Dewayne: *Klingon*

Mean-spirited Amie likes to argue with everybody about anything. Rocco talks about eco stuff like recycling and going green and renewable energy nonstop.
Amie: Tri-tip steak is better than PB&J, fool! Don't ever bring it up again!
Rocco: I, uh, didn't say anything, I just got out of the shower...
-
Stefan: Hey, chill out. She yell at everyone.
Rocco: Tri-tip steak isn't even organic!! She makes me feel so..freakin..CONSTIPATED! Hrrrrgh!
Stefan: (Man, he remind me of ex-girlfriend...)

Lucas's social interactions are usually limited to either telling jokes or talking about himself and his personal possessions. Here he's applying his daily moisturizing mask to keep his face all nice and perty.

Lara is just a sweetheart. She's always brightening people's days and staying out of arguments. But alas, with only one small bathroom, embarrassing walk-ins happen all the time.
Lara: Oh! Uh...oops...I, uh...I'm terribly sorry...
Lucas: Will you just get out already?! I'm a little busy!

Stefan lives on the edges. He's either very friendly and pleasant to talk to, or he's yelling and swearing at people in German.
Stefan: I hate dis burnt scheisse. Stupid Devayne, cook dis burnt scheisse...

--

And how did the contestants do about taking care of the appliances? Well...

...they sucked. This was taken shortly before Alyssa broke the sink in the bathroom (the toilet that Lucas is taking a dump on is also clogged). I originally planned on punishing them by letting them go without the shower and sinks, but this caused a very annoying syndrome among all contestants known as, "Don't-Do-Anything-But-Mop-All-Day-Itis." They would yell at each other for getting in the way of their mopping, shove each other aside to get mopping duties, and refused to paint or do anything. Once both sinks were gone, this also turned into "Keep-Trying-To-Do-The-Dishes-Even-Though-It-Is-Now-Impossible Disease." Rocco twice put the dirty dishes in his inventory and got disgusted by it later. So I called the repairwoman and got them fixed (actually, she fixed all but the bathroom sink, because the stupid contestants kept shooing her out of the room to use the now-fixed toilet and shower).

So who took trips to the scary haunted cellar?

Yes, all women: Amie, Alyssa, and Saki (Alyssa went twice, actually - she broke the sink shortly after Amie broke the shower and got to share the cellar with her). Left until they were faint, starving, and filthy after peeing themselves, perhaps the girls DID feel a ghostly presence in the cellar.

...Or at least Alyssa thought she did.
Amie: ....GHOST OF ASHER ADDISON!!
Alyssa: OOOOOOHHHH FDHSFJHDSJFHSDFHSDJ!!!!!

But despite some creepy feelings, no sightings of any ghost. Perhaps the "haunted Addison House" is just a myth after all.

--

We are at the end of the week, and Immunity is ready to be handed out. At five points of skill, the contestant definitely staying until next week is....Alyssa! *Applause, cheers, yada yada* Although Rocco, Lara, and Stefan all worked hard and came close, artistic Alyssa took the prize. She gets to stay for a night in the luxurious master bedroom.

On another note, the person who earned the most money from their paintings and is thus closest to earning a Free Pass...Dewayne! Bizarrely, the weirdo who hates art only painted three paintings and reached a Level 3 in painting, but managed to sell the most.
Dewayne: $164
Lara: $124
Stefan: $108
Alyssa: $55 (after subtracting $100 for repair costs)
Rocco: $52
Amie: $21 (after subtracting $50 for repair costs)
Lucas: $8
Saki: $0 (yes, that's right - Saki was too busy talking to everyone and didn't complete a single painting...she will be $50 in debt, as she had to pay repair costs)

Saturday is Fun Day. As a reward for surviving thus far, the group gets to play with water slides. Everyone (even Eco-Friendly Rocco who hates wasting water) is having the time of their lives...except Saki. She never once chose to slide. How boring.

--

It is now that time - time for elimination. All the contestants have given their votes. It is now the one with Immunity, Alyssa, who must break the news of who leaves the first week.

Alyssa: If you are seated, congratulations, you are guaranteed to stay. The two who are standing - Stefan, Amie - are in the bottom two. One will stay, and one will leave. The person who got the most votes against them and must now leave the Addison House is.....

...Amie. Sorry, Amie.

It appears Amie's constant harping and arguing with everyone was the kiss of death for her. Even Alyssa voted for her (shouldn't have scared her in the cellar, I guess) - in fact, she got four votes against her to Stefan's two, and she was the only contestant to enter the red zone in the friendship meter (with Stefan and Lucas). Anyway, as she cries and everybody (except Stefan, Alyssa, and good-hearted Lara) points and laughs at her misfortune, Amie packs up to leave.

Amie: I didn't want to be the first to go home. I'm a hard-working girl and I could've changed the business world with the money! I don't understand why everyone was so harsh. That idiot Stefan is always yelling at people! That's why I voted for him! They just picked me because they're shallow people and they don't like my curves. This whole thing is a sham!

Goodbye, Amie. We truly enjoyed your personality and the drama you caused and I'm sure some of our viewers were rooting for you. But now, it's time to say goodnight and goodbye to the Addison House.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 3:39 AM
^Okay, two things.
1. How did you get them to paint so much? My Sims are only interested in the social game.
2. HOW on EARTH did you get that perfect picture of everyone pointing at Amie?!
Page 3 of 14