Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#18251 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:21 AM
How quickly corruption kills a hood is random, and not something that can be predicted. There are people who do very corrupting things and go on to play for a long time, and people who do virtually nothing and still get an unplayable hood quickly.

There's no guarantee in any direction. You just have to decide if you're willing to take the potential risk of it blowing up at the cost of not having to rebuild the lot.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#18252 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:44 AM
I have to chime in here since reusing lots is a critical deal breaker for me. I've reused lots since the game was first released and have had the same hood running for over 6 years now. Recently I started a new hood, had not even gotten around to placing sims on anything but blank lots except to load a university, and the game blew up almost immediately. I don't know what I did in that case. Some of my hoods survive abuse for years. Some go rapidly without using previously occupied lots. Some go rapidly when I do use them. I think you have to backup your game, not do things like marry Mrs C, then play the way that makes you happiest. Like gummilutt said, it depends on whether or not the risk is worth it to you. The important thing is to enjoy yourself.
Mad Poster
#18253 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:46 AM
If you sold all furniture when you moved family out then this lot is pretty safe to move new family in.
Instructor
#18254 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:30 AM
Is there a way that you can randomly age your sims? I want to change the ages of my adults once ive made them in cas but i want them to be random instead of choosing
Mad Poster
#18255 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Is there a way that you can randomly age your sims? I want to change the ages of my adults once ive made them in cas but i want them to be random instead of choosing

Not that I am aware of. To change a sim's age, you do need to tell the game you want to change from adult to what other age.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#18256 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:08 AM
I dont want to change them from adult to teen or whatever i just want to make them randomly however many days away from becoming elder
Mad Poster
#18257 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:11 AM
No there is no randomly aging mod out there but you can use dice and roll them for it then use the SimBlender to set the age to what your dice come up with.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#18258 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:16 AM
Bummer ok thanks will have to do that then
Scholar
#18259 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:25 AM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 18th Dec 2014 at 6:44 AM.
I have a sim who just graduated but he won't leave. The taxi never showed up for him. He aged up to adult without a problem, but just stood at the mailbox for awhile & as I'm typing this he just crawled into a tent to sleep (freewill is on). Do I force error him or quit without saving?

Thank you MrJ & Jo who answered my previous question
I did move those two sims out & in again. That fixed'em
I've put Bec's animals back.

Edit: okay I'm a dummy for sure. Tim had thrown a grad party & walked to mailbox to age. I assumed that the taxi would come automatically for him when that happened. But I hadn't factored in that he still had 30hrs left on the campus clock until he had to leave. I didn't realize that he had the "return to..." option on his phone. All precious grads had waited till last possible second to throw a party.
Mad Poster
#18260 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:02 PM
Sweetbaby, normally the end of the party does send them home and run the video, and sometimes that glitch happens even when you let the timer run down. But as long as "return to" works it's nothing to get upset about.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#18261 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:15 PM
With ageing if you grab one of the customisable age mods, it's possible to set an age stage to be a random number of days, although it applies to all sims, not just CAS/Born-in-game. BUT, if you wanted, this could be a workaround:

Grab the agecons mod from Simlogical.

Set each age stage to be a random number of days from 1-the maximum.

Put this mod in only when you're having a CAS creating session. Move everyone into a family, or don't.

Before any sim in the neighbourhood has a birthday, quit, take the random ageing mod out (or replace with your normal age duration mod) reload the game with the normal age durations and hey presto, on their next birthday the newly created sims will go into the normal age span for the next stage.

On the party issue: Agreed with Peni. Usually at the end of the party there's a cutscene and they age up and get into the taxi. It might just be a one off glitch or might be a mod conflict or corrupted lot. Try running the scenario in a blank hood, if it glitches again, do the 50/50 mod thing

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#18262 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Uh...should I worry about this memory I can't get rid of?

I've used the batbox clear trash memories, gossip, can't find it in SimPE (though I've only ever used PE to check genetics) and hoodchecker can't get rid of it.

The No character files are multi PT's and ideal plantsims

Its a valid memory, but its bugged. Cyjon has a fix for several bugged memories here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/395 but it doesn't fix the ones that already exist. Editing the memory in SimPE is the only way to fix the ones that already exist, and the mod will prevent it from occurring again in the future. If you go to where you open DNA in SimPE right above it is Open Memories which is where you edit memories. Right now I can't remember what needs to be done to unbug it.
Mad Poster
#18263 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:57 PM
I've done that 50/50 bit but still have problems: LOTS of clothes just look like the orange-jacket set, but if try on, they have no body. Pets have returned to being black "shadows" if they are inside (bazaar!). And now I have a NEW issue; the empty apartments are always populated with MEN, same for roommates. I have so many mods and CC pulled out - just can't get things "clean".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#18264 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Its a valid memory, but its bugged. Cyjon has a fix for several bugged memories here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/395 but it doesn't fix the ones that already exist. Editing the memory in SimPE is the only way to fix the ones that already exist, and the mod will prevent it from occurring again in the future. If you go to where you open DNA in SimPE right above it is Open Memories which is where you edit memories. Right now I can't remember what needs to be done to unbug it.

I don't think it shows up because it's not base game content? I've heard there is a problem with SimPE and the UC with SimPE only showing base game stuff and I don't know how to fix it. Did LTW's come with Uni? Either that or i'm blind.

If it doesn't cause the game to blow up I don't mind that's all i'm worried about. It's not like Dora will live too much longer though I did give her a little bit of elixir, just enough to stick around long enough for all her grandchildren to age up to children as she's a huge help in taking care of them all. After the twins they had triplets, now toddlers.

I did get some of those fixes now though, thanks!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#18265 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 7:07 PM
Is there a way to get rid, delete..the premade sims of all ages that shows in BodyShop (and in CAS game) ?
I will never use them as a base...but they might be used BY the game, to create the template you get when clicking on the big + in BS.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#18266 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:34 PM
Rosebine, someone called Theo did a mod to hide the sims in the simbin. His site seems to have gone down over two years ago though, but I do have the files in my downloads folder if you want them.
Lab Assistant
#18267 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:59 PM
How do customers decide where they do there "I can't find it!" dance, when they enter an owned business?
I have a couple of businesses that have really awkward dancing-spots and I was wondering if I can manipulate them.
Instructor
#18268 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 1:23 AM
Okay, I've looked all over for an answer and can't seem to find anything about it. See, I went into this game coming from TS3, and in that game you could edit community lots with edit town and testingcheats, but is there anyway to do that in this game? Or, if not, can someone tell me what I can do to change them? I don't know whether I'm just the dumbest person on earth, or whether there is some extremely complicated way to do it.
Mad Poster
#18269 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:01 AM
From the Neighborhood view click on the Lots & Houses bin then click on the community lot you want to edit. Click on the Enter Lot button and it will take you to the community lot. You need the cheat boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false to enable buildmode on community lots. Hit save when you are happy with it, and it will be the way you changed it when you take Sims there.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18270 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:14 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 19th Dec 2014 at 2:47 AM.
You don't need a cheat on unowned community lots, just load it up and change away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#18271 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:15 AM
I make major alterations to community lots all the time. You don't need to use a cheat code to edit a community lot. The buy and build modes are enabled and you can buy and build anything you want, as long as the objects are available in community lots
Mad Poster
#18272 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:20 AM
I'm curious why my game is different than yours in that I can use buy mode without a cheat on community lots, but if I want to use build mode to change walls on community lots I have to use the cheat I mentioned above.
Helptato
#18273 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I'm curious why my game is different than yours in that I can use buy mode without a cheat on community lots, but if I want to use build mode to change walls on community lots I have to use the cheat I mentioned above.

Are you trying to edit a lot whilst sending a Sim there?

When you're in neighbourhood mode, you can load community lots to edit freely just like you would a unoccupied residential lot.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Top Secret Researcher
#18274 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:37 AM
Simply loading an unowned community lot from the neighborhood view will allow you to edit it, without any Sims on the lot. Useful for building your own lots or renovating an existing EAxis one. When you save the lot, your changes are saved for the next Sim that visits the lot to see.

If you send a Sim to the lot, by default build and buy modes are disabled (unless you own that lot). You'll need the "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled" to enable buy mode, or use this mod which forces build and buy modes to remain available no matter what (pretty convenient).
Mad Poster
#18275 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:50 AM
Even though I am not sending a Sim there, I still have to use the cheat I mentioned above. I guess my game is different, and I don't feel like trouble shooting. You may or may not need a cheat.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 731 of 1000