Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 9:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Tried everything in the FAQ, and it's still not working!
Hi, I posted a thread and was reffered to the FAQ and I tried everything (deletign cache files, deleting mods, renaming the folder...) and it's stil not working.

My problem is that my new WA game is not loading, yet the spinny thing (lol) is still moving. My game doesn't crash or dissapear, infact I left on overnight and it still didn't load.
Could somebody please help me or if you've had the same problem, tell me what you did to fix it?

Thanks!

Sophia:: People like me squeeze lemons and make lemonade, and other people like my brother squeeze lemons and make orange juice...
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 9:47 PM
Moved from Discussion to Game Help.

Please help the helpers by providing your system specs as outlined in the "Quick Summary" portion of this wiki article: Game Help:System Specswiki.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 10:04 PM
Sorry about that, :P
==System==

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)
System Manufacturer: HP pavillion 06
System Model: D5468AT-ABA ALONPAV
Processor: Intergrated RAMDAC
Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page File: 2186MB used, 1901 available
DirectX Version: DirectX10
==Display==

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: Geforce 6150SE nForce 430
Approx. Total Memory: 617MB
Main Driver: nvd3dum.dll
Version: 7.15.0011.5818 (English)
==Sound==

Name: Speakers (Realtek High Defintion Audio)

Sophia:: People like me squeeze lemons and make lemonade, and other people like my brother squeeze lemons and make orange juice...
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 3:16 AM
Processor info is incorrect, please try again.
The graphics is not supported - that's an onboard video card.
We have seen a lot of threads where an underpowered machine works fine for a while on low/mid settings, but WA+the new patch seems to be the last straw.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:39 AM
Oh sorry,
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), 2.6GHz

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:53 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Loading Crashes
    If your game is crashing on load, with or without an error message, or the game starts up then just disappears, then you have a loading crash.

Please see the following FAQ and go through the steps listed in order to try fixing your game: Game_Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crasheswiki.
When you patched your game, did you remove all of your mods? Please check the stickies in regards to what you need to do before installing a patch.

You probably have outdated hacks/mods that do not play 'nice' with the new patch. Remove all your mods and see if it will load.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:54 PM
That's the FAQ I did yesterday. I tried both deleting the cache files and mods, and then the user files.
When I tried deleting the cache files, then rebooted the game, it still didn't load.
It was the same with the mods, I deleted them and put them into a temporary folder on my desktop then rebooted the game, still didn't load.
And again, the same thing with the user files, I renamed my Sims 3 Folder to Sims 3 Backup, started the game, and the same thing happened, it didn't load.
I was having trouble understanding the User Files step though, I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong?

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 9:52 PM
Are you sure you have given us all the info? Did this just start out of the blue? Did you do anything to the game before this happened, like install a patch?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 10:24 PM
Oh sorry, I'm new to all of this.
I installed a patch for the Sims 3 because when i tried to install WA it told me my game needed to be up to date. Then, when i started up WA it asked me if I wanted to install another patch, I clicked yes, then realized I probably shouldn't of done that, closed itout, started Wa and it didn't load. I went back to the launcher, continued the patch and the same thing happened when I started up the game.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:15 PM
Well, WA mandates that you install the WA patch in order to open/load and play the game. So you COULDN'T have NOT installed the patch if you wanted to play with WA installed. That is what has thrown me off now, as well. Something with people's systems is interfering some how with something within the patch or expansion pack. I have Live OneCare installed when I installed my patch&WA, what anti virus are you running? Just to see if there is any sort of pattern starting.

Yo', I'm on Yearbook now, check me out and leave me some lovin's!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 2:50 AM
@HS2 Didn't work for me.

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowWhiteCharming
Well, WA mandates that you install the WA patch in order to open/load and play the game. So you COULDN'T have NOT installed the patch if you wanted to play with WA installed. That is what has thrown me off now, as well. Something with people's systems is interfering some how with something within.

Horse Hockey. I haven't patched, and I launch to play and test my game numerous times a day. I HAVE NOT patched on this computer, nor will I until this mess is straightened out. Patches are NOT mandatory to run the game. It's simple: just ignore the update notification. heh

Back to the OP's question. Have you tried bypassing the launcher? It was busted with the new patch. The info for that is in the first sticky or search game help in the wiki.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:57 AM
When I tried to install WA it said I needed to update my game in order to install it, so I did. Bypassing it? How do I do that?

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 5:28 AM
Unfortunately, you had the new installation, so yes, it forced a patch on you. Anyone who had the game prior to this patch had the option to install it. I have totally ignored it. But then again, I haven't used the launcher since I installed the original TS3. So, I am never nagged. I do have a patched game running on another computer for testing purposes.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ng_the_Launcher When in doubt, please search the wiki and the forum. My fingers get very tired typing the same thing all day, every day.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 6:31 AM
Yes, unfortunately I was. Mhm. So are you are you saying the patch is the problem?
Sprry about that. :P

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#16 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 6:42 AM
Did you bypass the launcher?
You have to actually do some of this stuff. hehe

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:26 AM Last edited by callistra : 28th Dec 2009 at 7:47 AM. Reason: combining posts
Oh! Sorry, gosh im such an idiot! *facepalm*

I just looked at the link you agve me but one problem....i can't find the games folder.

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Dec 2009 at 4:24 AM.
Where did you install your game? I have no idea where it is on your computer. You should know where you put it! hehe

Your .exe is in your program files in the path(s) specified in the tutorial. It's that simple. If you have Vista or Windows 7 the only difference is the path may be program files (x86), program files nonetheless. Did you open any of your electronic arts folders to look?

I suppose I should add pretty pictures to the tutorial?

Added pretty pictures to the post! :D
Also, be advised that just because I installed my game to C drive, does not mean it will be you YOUR C drive. Only you know where you installed the game.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:07 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 30th Dec 2009 at 6:51 AM. Reason: merged your posts - pls use the Edit button
Pretty pictures helped a lot. :P
My Electronic Arts File s in My Documents, I wonder if I installed my game right though, because I don't have a sims 3 WA folder...
I might reinstall then try again.

edit 1:
Yes! I found the file, in program files and created a shortcut.

edit 2:
Moved it to desktop...Click on it and it came up with this error:
Screenshots

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:12 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Dec 2009 at 4:30 AM.
Where, did I say anywhere, to 'move' the file? I did not. Please look at the pretty pictures again and read the text and also read the text in the FAQ again. Look at the 'path' on the pictures. There is no mydocuments there.

Somehow, the pictures got out of order when I attached them. Read the FAQ, and then look at the pictures. In no place did I ever say to look in 'my documents'. I think you should probably get someone to help you with this. Do you have a mother or father or friend who knows a little bit about computers?

Edit: Reattached pictures and praying they don't shuffle up like a deck of cards in Vegas. :p

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:02 AM
I thought that was where I stored them when I installed the game. And trust me...I'm the only one in my family who knows about computers.

In the Arena
retired moderator
#22 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:44 AM
Just to recap:
- your WA is patched to 2.3
- your base game is patched to 1.8?

1) Have you re-created the shortcut properly?

2) You're still using fresh set of user files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\? No Saved games nor anything else in Downloads, Exports, etc?

3) Always loading a brand new game to test with NO CC? Nothing in \Mods\Packages\? No resource.cfg in the "root folder" ie these - check both paths, please:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\

4) Deleted *cache files every time you load a brand new test game, after changing whatever options to test next?

5) Usually after getting a Service Initialization Error, the only thing that solve it is a Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki.

Steps to (1) are in the Bypass Wiki; (2)-(4) are in the Loading Crash Wiki.

Did we ever update that graphics card? Choose one, depending on your Operating System:
- win7_winvista_32bit_195.62_whql
- win7_winvista_64bit_195.62_whql

ps: and stop multi-posting please. Edit button there for a reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 10:29 PM
Yes, that's right.
1) I can re-create if you want
2)I can try that again too
3) That as well
4) Yes, i am doing that.
5) Already uninstalled the game. Tried Sims 3 By itself and it works fine

I have a feeling it's not to do with my graphics card, does it meet the reqs?

Sorry about that...I realized that before.

In the Arena
retired moderator
#24 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 4:47 AM
Yeah, that card is not supported.
Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirementswiki
Game_Help:Onboard_Graphicswiki

The 2nd link have some suggestions that might improve gameplay on the base game on a lower patch than 1.6. But looks like the machine cannot support patch 1.6 and above and WA.

Incidentally, what Antivirus, Spyware, Firewall do you have installed and running (if any)? Do you have Windows Live OneCare?

FYI, few threads here of same issues and same cards:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=383700
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384184
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=378254
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:20 PM
Oh...I didn't know that. x]
I don't think it's gameplay because I'm not acctually not getting into the game...
I am running AVG and, no, I don't Windows Live OneCare
Ok, I'll check them out.

Page 1 of 2