Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#276 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debbi
Mage, oh, so it took you so long because you taught yourself?! That makes sense... So does that mean that if i read the tutorial(s), i will learn faser and t will be a lot easier?...Stupid question, i know, talking to myself...
Anyway, thank you SO much!

Well I did teach myself a lot of it but I would have gotten nowhere without tutorials. It's just that back in the early Sims 1 days there weren't so many tutorials and they were harder to find. For Sims 2 thank goodness for mts2!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 4:45 AM
usefull tool + easy tutorials ,thanks alot.

Don't make the camel EAT you...
Test Subject
#278 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 1:29 AM
Default HI help please!
Now don't laugh but at the beggining of your message you say the download is at the bottom of the page and it isn't so what's up with it??
Test Subject
#279 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debbi
Mage,
a couple of years?!?!are you serious??? I don't have that long... ...Is it really hard???
oh my god, i just looked thriugh the websites you gave me; there is soo much to download ...damn. It looks like so much space.. ..O.M.(F.)G.
I tink i'll just wait until next year...Unless someone can convince me . But i really don't expect anyone to...

can u stop cussing or is that too hard?? I mean i don't have a problem with it but just to let u know so u don't get in trouble or anything-no offense
Test Subject
#280 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:50 AM
I'm having trouble downloading the mesh tool... I click on the download link and save it and then I try to extract the zip file but it says there are no files to extract.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#281 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:10 AM
I just downloaded and it all unzipped fine. Perhaps your connection was dropped during the download, did you try to download it again?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rico
ok i downloaded this new meshing tool and when i go to load a obj it does not show any in the files please help? :confused:

Ditto here. I will try to give more detail about my problem. When I click "Load Sims 2 Mesh" I am prompted to browse my files. However, it does not recognize any of my files as Sims meshes. I know I have some, but they aren't showing up as available to use with the tool. I would love any help anyone can give. I'm a real-life clothing designer & want to make my designs available for my sims as well.

Let me know if you need any more information.

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:17 AM
Oops. Sorry, my bad. Should've read through the whole thing. D'oh!

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:56 PM
this is wonderful! I will have fun making meshes
Test Subject
#285 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:00 AM
I am having trouble downloading the Mesh Tool file. I get an error that says it "appears to be a invalid archive. if you downloaded this file please download again" I have redownloaded several times and get the same message. Am I missing something? Any suggestions appreciated.
Test Subject
#286 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a completely new body for my sim. I used SimPE to export the SMD of the original file. Then I imported it with cannonfodder's plugin into 3ds max 8. When it imported all of the bones were way too big, so I scaled them to the proper size. I merged my new mesh file, skinned it with the old bones and deleted the old mesh. (They are both full body meshes BTW) I exported it as a SMD (reference check box on) and did all of the steps in your tutorial, and it looks fine in the 3d window of meshtool. I replaced the file in SimPE and it also looks fine in the 3d window in simPE. I saves and opened up bodyshop, and the model is all messed up !

Anyone had this problem?
Thanks

PS: HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#287 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 2:36 AM
Tanasoo, you can't just switch things back and forth at will, you must either use all the meshtool steps regarding the import/export OR use the SimPE SMD import/export. Did you READ the directions and warning with meshtool. You cannot replace meshes with meshtool, you must only move vertices. Go look again for info on smd import export and use that alone. (there is an article on that in the InfoCenter and link to the one 3ds max tutorial)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#288 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:03 AM Last edited by Tanasoo : 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:17 AM.
Oh Sorry.

I just thought because you could re-rig the models with the SMD format that any way would work. =\

Are you talking about the XSI Mod Tool Tutorial?

*edit* I just found the one by Jasana, I think that is the one you were talking about.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#289 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 4:17 PM
You would have needed to export and import using the same tools - not export with skankyboy's addition and then try and import using meshtool. Either use meshtool both out and back, or skankyboy's out and back. I can't guarantee that the two would be compatible with each other - especially since meshtool didn't support morphs, for instance, it's a much much older tool.

Test Subject
#290 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:10 PM
OK, I went through Jasana's tutorial and everything works now

Sorry for being a noob, I guess I'm just a modeler, not a modder XD
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#291 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 8:40 AM
Tanasoo, it's okay, really. You described what you'd tried well enough that I was able to give you a push in the right direction. I'm glad you got it working. There are special things about sim meshes and files, and the tutorials on site _mostly_ cover those aspects, and don't teach much modeling - so you're in good shape with your experience.

Just be sure to test your final mesh in game and make it dance and jump around and examine it carefully in terms of the animation. You're probably aware of that already, but just in case

Test Subject
#292 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 12:45 PM
Well, I've been looking forward to bodymeshing for a while..so here goes

Thank U
Test Subject
#293 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 9:17 PM
could i put a 3d model of a car and put it into the game with this program?
Test Subject
#294 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 12:56 PM
Hey. Apparently the servers down for the meshtool download just to let you know. If they dont come back up again soon ill probably read the tutorial for the other program :P
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#295 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:24 PM
Matty, uhm, Unimesh is stored on the same server as Meshtool. If the load on the system gets too high (we set a new record today) then all the download slots sometimes get taken, and you'll get a 503 error. That means, try again in a few seconds/minutes, or try again at a time when the load is not so high (very late at night or early in the morning, US time, most of the traffic comes from the US still)

Anyway, you should be able to get through at some point to get the tool. Meshtool has limitations that unimesh does not, so that is another issue to consider in choosing your tools. Unimesh requires a 3D program that is $25 to register, though, after the free trial.

Test Subject
#296 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 9:08 PM
What folder do you put this program in?

You're Bringing Sexy Back? What Are You Talking About?....I Never Left!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#297 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 9:44 PM
BluBAbe713, it's a program, you can install it wherever you want on your computer, just remember where you put it.

Test Subject
#298 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 11:22 PM
Default I need help
I am trying to learn how to make new items,clothes,and hair. I know this is a stupid question but what is sims pe
Instructor
#299 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 11:53 AM
umm... it is the Sims 2 Pakage Editor it has everything about meshing
Test Subject
#300 Old 18th May 2007 at 8:22 AM
Thanks, this might help me start making clothes and hair etc woot
Page 12 of 14