Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:21 PM
Default Problem with texture in Milkshape
OK, this is a weird but really annoying problem - I can't get textures to show up. When I select a group and assign a texture, like the blue grid for UV mapping, all I get is a tinted wireframe. I've checked to make sure 'texture' is selected, I've checked and unchecked coloured groups and smoothing groups and wireframe overlay and all the various options that show up when you right-click, and nothing's working. It's making it very difficult to work out what's what, so help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:41 PM
What do you mean by a "tinted wireframe"? Is it red (as in, it's selected)? Could you take a picture of what you're seeing, along with a pic of the right-click drop-down menu? It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing exactly what the problem is.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 11:12 PM
I mean the wireframe takes on the texture, rather than the texture being laid over the mesh. I've attached a screencap, which hopefully explains better!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:34 AM
Um... yeah. That's totally weird. I've never seen that happen before! You're using the same version of MilkShape as I am, so it's not some weird problem with an upgrade... Hmmm...

Did this just start happening? Were you able to assign textures in the past?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:41 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 14th Sep 2015 at 4:15 PM.
Honestly, I haven't meshed for ages, so while I have very clear memories of meshing with no problems on my laptop in the past, I can't be sure if it was on this one or my old one.

ETA: Well I decided to reinstall it to see if I'd fiddled with something in the past, but the problem's still there.
ETA: I don't care that this thread's half a year old because today I found a solution. Turns out all I needed to do was install MESA drivers! Hooray! *confetti*