Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 3:36 AM
Is Castaway Stories worth it?
I am considering buying Castaway Stories. Is the game worth it? I am already sure I'm getting Free Time. But I want to get one of the Sims Stories games too. But, do you think the game is good? I just want your opinion. I want it, but I want to see what other people think about it too.
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 3:40 AM
i have all the sims stories, and castaway is my fav. it feels like a different game - resources instead of simoleons, etc. if you're looking for a new twist on the sims, you'll enjoy it
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 6:09 AM
I'm curious about this as well. Life Stories and Pet Stories held no interest for me whatsoever, but seeing the screenshots for this one has really gotten me itching to play it.

I've started making my own island in TS2 to see if I could get a similar-enough experience out of that, but I just can't help but think it won't be as much fun.

Still, the fact that it's a completely separate game from TS2 has me wondering how much I'd actually play it after I've completed the story. So I have two questions-

1. If you want to use a custom sim for the quest, can you import Bodyshop creations, or do you have to use some sort of CAS-type thing in the game?

2. Is there any way of exporting sims from Castaway Stories into TS2, via SimPE or otherwise?

Oh, and also... How good is it for replayability? Is it too short an experience for the amount of money invested?

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 6:48 AM
hey purplepaws/rachael, for your first question you use CAS to create your own sim for story mode. as far as i know there is no bodyshop

and i can't help you with your second question... i have no idea. :confused: sorry!

as for the replayability, after you get the necessary rewards from story mode (like a hatchet and shell phone) there is an island neighborhood to play. you can't place any new lots which is a let down since there appears to be a lot of room, but what is available is a lot of fun - you have a wide range of lots to play on (including one that has several lava pools on it). i have enjoyed it - it's a nice twist on the sims theme
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 8:23 AM
hmmm... I may have to get this game now. Thanks for the input aRt.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 9:19 AM
Thanks, aRt. So sims created in TS2 Bodyshop absolutely won't show up in the Castaway CAS template bin? Has anyone tested this?

And does anyone know if extracting sims using SimPE's SimSurgery is possible with Castaway?

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
And does anyone know if extracting sims using SimPE's SimSurgery is possible with Castaway?

The sims don't show up in the "sim bin" when running sim surgery

But I have been able to change quite a few of the commercial lots to residential using SimPE

VERY IMPORTANT as with any changes or adding mods ...back up your game and leave the game alone if you are in story mode.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:11 AM
This have to be my fav out of all the versions of the sims (including sims 2), the landscape is stunning, I especially like the story mode where you can go to many places which unique things to explore (which give you a broad observation overall, I don't think any other version of the sims can do this)
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 12:35 AM
I have been thinking about getting Castaway aswell and reading all of the good comments and looking at the pics, I think I'm definately going to get it now, it looks so much fun! :D
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:19 AM
I'm curious as to how similar PC's Castaway is to the Nintendo Wii's Castaway, can anyone shed some light?

I know Wii's graphics are not as good but how different is the gameplay? Do you still have to construct everything? Do you have to gather unique resources from around the island to build things? How does the tribe work? All I've heard is that Castaway is much more Sims 2'ish.
Alchemist
#11 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:28 AM
I would say no. I played it two or three times, have little desire to finish it... I just think it's a bit boring. Others seemed to be impressed by it. I was at first, but the more I played, the less I wanted to.