Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 9:41 AM
Default How can i make all the morph for clothing ?
I try to make a normal mesh in Milkshape and i have version 1.8.5,when i go in game,when i slide it to FAT or THIN or MUSCULAR,the mesh turn to normal again, i know it because of the morph thingy so that's why i need help !!!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:44 AM
Maybe if the last person that used the cristal ball, is so kind to put it back in place, we will be able to help you with your morph thingy.

In other words Nhut1000, give us more info!
What is "normal"
What is it you want to do?
What did you do?
What meshes you used?
What programs you're using?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 4:50 AM
-What i mean is i export the mesh and edit it in Milkshape
-I just want to make the dress longer and alittle wider
-I move the vertex at the bottom of the dress and move it downward to make the mesh longer
-I use afBodyDressEmpireSun_lace
-I use TSR Workshop(2nd latest) and Milkshape and that's it
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:57 AM
OK, you're using TSRW, but for the edit you want to make, I really recommend CTU.
Take a look at this tutorial from CmarNYC:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260 Clothing meshing for dummies

Follow her first lesson about making a shirt longer, import only your base mesh.
Than use lesson 2 to make your mesh wider.
Now import the morphmeshes, and like magic you will see that they take the new shape without you having to do anything else, except exporting all the meshes!
The only thing to remember is not to add or delete any faces/vertices or you even will not be able to import the morph meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:48 AM
Thank you, i will try to learn it, if i have any question can i ask you ? and when we make the mesh wider or longer by scale tool does it add vertex to the mesh ?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:22 AM
No, the scale tool doesn't add or remove vertices, it just moves them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:28 AM
Just want to add that if you make the dress alot longer you need to edit the boneassignements on the vertices you pulled down.

Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
Now import the morphmeshes, and like magic you will see that they take the new shape without you having to do anything else, except exporting all the meshes!

he doesn't have to export the morphs(or import)
It is just to see a preview of the gamemorphs in Milkshape
Inventor
#8 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:15 PM
You are right BloomsBase, you only import/export the actual morphmeshes if you want to use them for other meshing stuff.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:49 AM
huh? i don't understand what BloomBase said ? Can i ask you guy another 3 unrelated question from clothing ? Is Hair Meshing Hard ? How can we make fringe/bangs for hair? what program do hair creator use ? I'm happy if you reply on it
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:18 AM
Hair meshing is very hard. It's slow and annoying and fiddly, and you should definitely try to master clothes before jumping to hair. You won't get far with hair if you're willing to quit a project when you get stuck or frustrated.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 3:35 AM
thanks for answering , nope i not trying to quit i'm just asking because before i really want to make hair and stuff so yeah...but i find that's it harder than making clothes...
Inventor
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:12 AM
You should practice with clothes first, simple edits to begin. Then you can try with accessories, it's the easiest way to learn about meshing, uv maps and adapting them to function in game. And after long practice you can try with hairs, you need advanced programs like 3D Max if you want nice results. Hairs are the hardest thing to work with!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 11:50 AM
Thanks ANUBIS !!! You my fav hair creator or i mean texturerer i'm so happy that i can talk to you i'm your fan...sorry for over acting...I don't understand what UV map is...i saw them some where but idk wat it is...can you explain ? Ok, so i have to like try to mesh clothes first become hair creator is a long way
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Just want to add that if you make the dress alot longer you need to edit the boneassignements on the vertices you pulled down.

he doesn't have to export the morphs(or import)
It is just to see a preview of the gamemorphs in Milkshape

This means if you're only moving vertices around to make clothing longer or wider, you don't have to make a new morph at all. If you use CTU to make a new clothing, when you import your new base (normal) mesh CTU will automatically link it to the original game clothing morph, which should work fine. You can import the game morphs into Milkshape as Cocomama described if you want to preview how the morphs look and/or if you find you need to modify the morphs after all.

Bone assignments control how the mesh moves as the sim walks, sits, etc. Each part of the sim's body is a 'bone'. If you make a short dress into a long dress, for example, you need to change the bone assignments at the bottom from the thighs to the lower legs. If it's not such a big change you probably don't have to do this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:22 AM
Ok , so if i want to do a long dress how can i add boneassign ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 8:25 PM
This tutorial is for Sims 2 but it's the same method: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=179177

Look for Part 5: Bone Assignments.

You'll need to compare your skirt with a long skirt from the game - load the game skirt, select vertices in the lower part of the skirt, and look at the bone assignments with either the Unimesh Bone tool or the Milkshape Bone weights tool. (Unimesh should be in the Vertex menu - I think it's Fix Underweighted Bones. The Milkshape tool is in one of the tabs on the right - I don't have Milkshape on this computer and can't look right now.) Then load your skirt and modify the bone assignments for vertices in the same locations so they're similar.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 1:18 AM
OK thank you so much for helping me