Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default security module error?
I have not played the Sims 2 in a while -- but when I wanted to, some weird error appeared:
"A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (6000)."

I have custom content installed on my laptop, but this error has never appeared before. I re-installed the game and everything worked perfectly, without the custom content. Now I downloaded some hair from this site, just to test if the error appears again. I installed one of the files, and boom! The error appears again.

What is this and how can I fix it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:03 PM
This happened to me today as well. I downloaded a mod and went to open the game and received the same error code. I went back to my downloads folder and deleted the files from that particular download, before trying to start the game again. This time it started right up... no error. Could there be a problem with DLC on the site? All my other mods/custom content work fine still.
Site Helper
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:44 PM
Are you using the Launcher? What happens if you run the game without it?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...assing_Launcher