Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:23 PM Last edited by Midgetskeemer98 : 16th Jan 2016 at 2:20 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Can't download Pose Player!
I've been trying to download pose player for the longest time. I already have my mods folder and 7 zip and everything, and I have downloaded many zip files in the past, I just cannot seem to download pose player. Is there a difference between zip files an package files? Because that seems to be my problem. It also looks different than any other thing I've tried downloading. (Does anyone know where I can upload a picture so you can see it?) Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:32 PM
Edit your post--you can add an attachment there.

To answer your question: a .zip file is a form of file compression. The game can't read a .package file if it's still in .zip format. You need to right-click the .zip file to get options to open it.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Edit your post--you can add an attachment there.

To answer your question: a .zip file is a form of file compression. The game can't read a .package file if it's still in .zip format. You need to right-click the .zip file to get options to open it.

Open it where? I added a screenshot as well. So I don't even have to extract it? (not that I have the option to) I just open it?

Edit: I don't know how I did it but it gave me the option to extract into my mods folder. Still doesn't work
Screenshots
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:26 PM
What I do is click on it with the right mouse button and then I click "extract here" option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
What I do is click on it with the right mouse button and then I click "extract here" option.

I don't have that option anywhere
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:48 PM
That's still a .rar file in your photo, which means the item is still compressed. The game cannot read a .rar file, that's why it doesn't work.
When you right-click on the file, you should see options that look like the photo. The one you want is hightlighted in red.

Screenshots

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
That's still a .rar file in your photo, which means the item is still compressed. The game cannot read a .rar file, that's why it doesn't work.
When you right-click on the file, you should see options that look like the photo. The one you want is hightlighted in red.

This is all I have. no "extract here" option
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 4:16 PM
You can also open the rar file by double clicking it, then extract it yourself.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 4:22 PM
Make sure you download the latest version of 7zip so you can extract .RAR files.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
Make sure you download the latest version of 7zip so you can extract .RAR files.

Don't you need WinRAR to do that?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Don't you need WinRAR to do that?
7zip works with .RAR files just fine, and it's 100% free (no begware ads like WinRAR After 30 days).

Ninja edit: But yeah, either program will work just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 5:07 PM
I already have 7 zip, works with all other files but this one
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 5:32 PM

Wouldn't it be the "Extract All..." option the third one down?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL

Wouldn't it be the "Extract All..." option the third one down?

No I've tried it. It doesn't do anything
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:36 PM
Why you do not just use "Open with"->Select 7zip program and then just unpack?

Maybe you did not assign 7zip for rar files or so...?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Why you do not just use "Open with"->Select 7zip program and then just unpack?

Maybe you did not assign 7zip for rar files or so...?

I don't know what you mean by that.
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:15 PM

This is the one you would use to choose a program to open the file.

Select either 7zip or WinRAR from the list. Whichever you have.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:02 PM
I concur with JessiL's post just above. That is how I do with .rar files.

From "Open With...", I choose "7Zip File Manager". It opens a window in which I see the .package file uncompressed. I then drag the file from that window into the directory where I want to keep it (for example, Mods/Packages.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I concur with JessiL's post just above. That is how I do with .rar files.

From "Open With...", I choose "7Zip File Manager". It opens a window in which I see the .package file uncompressed. I then drag the file from that window into the directory where I want to keep it (for example, Mods/Packages.)

Ah ok. This is all that pops up when I select "open with." It's not the same thing, is it? What can I do to get the file manager?
Screenshots
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:02 AM
I don't think it's the same thing.

The one you want has the balck and white 7zip icon on it. Try clicking "browse.." and looking for it that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
I don't think it's the same thing.

The one you want has the balck and white 7zip icon on it. Try clicking "browse.." and looking for it that way.

Ok, I think I may have made some progress. I opened the 7-zip file manager manually and clicked "extract here," but it didn't work. From the file manager, what exactly should I do now?

Edit: the screenshot I took is too large, but I have the file in the file manager now.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 3:34 PM
In your last screenshot the name of the file is "cmomoney_PosePlayer.rar.zip". It looks like you've somehow managed to .zip a .rar and if that's the case, no wonder you're having trouble extracting it. You'd need to extract the .rar from the .zip then extract the package from the .rar.

To make it easier - download a fresh copy. You should then be able to right click it to get the "Extract.." option. (I think it's easier just to open a .rar or .zip and drag the files into my download (or mods folder, depending on which game) folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
In your last screenshot the name of the file is "cmomoney_PosePlayer.rar.zip". It looks like you've somehow managed to .zip a .rar and if that's the case, no wonder you're having trouble extracting it. You'd need to extract the .rar from the .zip then extract the package from the .rar.

To make it easier - download a fresh copy. You should then be able to right click it to get the "Extract.." option. (I think it's easier just to open a .rar or .zip and drag the files into my download (or mods folder, depending on which game) folder.

You mean from here? Because I don't have that.
Screenshots

I am the pet named Steve
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:54 PM
I got it!! I finally have it in my game! Thank you so much to everyone who helped

I am the pet named Steve
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#25 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 5:35 PM
I gather that this isn't really a Discussion topic and is better located in TS3 Help.

Moved.