Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard tool?
My Sims 3 game starts up fine, doesn't crash, but it just stops loading towns near the end of the bar. Assuming that it was a CC issue, I downloaded the Dashboard, but when I go to launch it, as soon as I click 'yes' to allowing the program to make changes, it says that Sims 3 Dashboard has stopped working. It didn't even get to launch!

Does anyone else know what might be going wrong?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:45 AM
Moved to Help.

I'm not sure if that tool is still supported, but somebody here might be able to clear that up
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:50 AM
Delphy's Dashboard still works (for me). I use it every time I download new custom content. But, as Srikandi said, I'm not sure if it's still supported, neither.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:41 PM Last edited by Belzader : 19th Oct 2012 at 12:57 PM.
I do belive Delphy might still support it, just that like morphius1 wrote it still works, so it haven't needed any change and he can be quite busy with the site & RL

One thing i can suggest though is, since you get the question if it's allowed to make change, i suspect you have UAC (UserAccessControl) on, right click on the .exe and choose run as adminstrator.
Sometimes one have to do this on programs even if ones user account is administrator, for why i have no clue i have stopped wondering why one must do some things on Windows.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:35 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 19th Oct 2012 at 3:16 PM. Reason: added FAQ link
Where did you extract the "Sims3Dashboard.exe" to? Program Files or Desktop? Do you keep all the files it needs in one folder?

Game Help:TS3 Load Issues#Long_loading_timeswiki
If you cannot get Dashboard to work, there's also Process Monitor you can try.

And you've done the steps of the Game Problem FAQ? To rule out corrupted
- caches
- cc in Mods & DCCache
- data in other user folders
It still occurs after step#3, in a newly started Sunset Valley?
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.