Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:34 PM
Default Personalities of Downtownies - Re-Interpreted for Sims 3
How would you re-interpret the personalities of Downtownies - including the Diva and Mr. Big, and the Tricou teens - in Sims 3? I notice a lot of Sims 3 versions of Sims 2 characters shipped with either the game, the expansion packs, or the downloadable premium content have personalities that don't exactly match with those of the originals. What personalities would you assign to them? Do you think they'd be just like the Sims 2 versions?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:38 PM
What is a downtownie? A townie? As in, does not have a house, an NPC?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:02 AM
Sounds like an Urbz thing to me. Apparently that game still exists. I've had it on my Xbox for 14 years but never managed to play it more than 15 minutes at a time. Very unconventional little game from the "Hollaback Girl" era of street culture.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:16 AM
I haven't played SIms 2 as much so can't say. Why don't you tell us about the downtownies and we'll see what traits suit them the best.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:14 AM
The Downtownies like Orion Teens, Kestrel Teens, Swan Teens, Tiave Teens, Patrick Teens, Loren Teens... and there are others. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Downtownies
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:55 PM
IMO it would be the best to treat these two game iterations rather as independent universes, barely mirroring each other, than a continuos... em "continuity" (?), the official version places S3 before S2, so we're dealing there with ascendants of S2 population or at best - theirs younger versions (Bella e.g).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM
I've played a ton of Sims 2, but honestly can't say, because I played relatively few hours with a Downtown attached to my neighborhoods. (BACC playstyle plus neighborhood restart syndrome.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 11:38 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM
Nah. Even vampires take a trip to the main hood.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Site Helper
#10 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 3:28 AM
The only one who is not supposed to wander by somewhere that is not downtown is Miss Crumplebottom, although I did once have a glitched game where she lectured my sim about being naked while taking a shower in his own house in the main neighborhood. And then, because he didn't get to actually take his shower, having a thought bubble that he stinks.

Miss Crumplebottom: inappropriate, Proper, grouchy, no sense of humor, mean-spirited (May not actually be a possible combination, though. I think inappropriate conflicts with proper)

Mr. Big Snob, Charismatic, Party Animal

Diva: Same as Mr. Big.

Most of the others: no idea.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 3:40 AM
I think she'd be Proper, No Sense of Humour, Mean-Spirited, Grumpy, possibly Perfectionist. I wonder what Diva and Mr. Big would be... and of course Orion Teens... everyone's favourite lovable goth.
Site Helper
#12 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 4:36 PM
Inappropriate is the closest I could come to having someone object to people wearing bathing suits in a swimming pool or a hot tub.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:38 PM
Hmm or maybe she's never nude? I mean not that we'd want to see her nude - with or without the pixelation, but still... might be a good trait for her... right?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:41 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th Jul 2018 at 8:51 PM.
Don't forget "Never nude". Otherwise, she would be hypocriticall If she didn't had such trait. Was about to say a trait "sexist", but thank god such thing doesn't exist in a game.

The Wiki states she is shown to have 10 in neatness (suitable for neat trait) and active (athletic), five in shyness

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:13 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who understands what JD means by Downtownie xD
I've always been a big fan of the Tricou family I've been searching for a decent build of the House of Fallen Trees for TS3 (if anyone has a link)
For TS3, I would make Jon Smith and Jennicor as adults, possibly with Nylissit and Jennail as children, perhaps toddlers?? When I played the Tricous in TS2 I had Jennail have a daughter, her name started with Jenn- since it seamed like a family trend :P

As for traits, I'd wager
Jon Smith - Family Oriented, Hopeless Romantic, Slob, Friendly, and just can't think of a 5th, so why not Vehicle Enthusiast, since Nightlife was the EP that gave us cars :D
Jennicor - Athletic, Family Oriented, Slob, Hopeless Romantic, and Green Thumb, why not?
Nylissit - Neat, Grumpy,
Jennail is a little harder to determine because her personality points are perfectly balanced, as all things should be, so I'll give her Family Oriented, and Green Thumb
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:02 AM
Wouldn't Jennicor have some kind of pleasure-seeking trait? Possibly Childish or the like? Maybe even Party Animal?

Now for the Tricou Teens:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tricou_family
Orion: Slob, Shy or Loner, Athletic, possibly Childish, and he might be a Klepto with some kind of Criminal LTW like Possession is 9/10s of the Law or Criminal Mastermind. He's not particularly evil. You could even switch one of the traits with Grumpy.

Loren: Possibly Party Animal and Mean-Spirited, Hot-Headed, Family-Oriented, and Athletic. LTW would probably be Surrounded by Family.

Tiave: Party Animal, Mean-Spirited, Inappropriate, Klepto, possibly Diva or No Sense of Humour. Criminal LTW.

Patrick: Shy/Loner, Neat, Perfectionist, Klepto, No Sense of Humour. Criminal LTW

Kestrel: Slob, Party-Animal, Couch-Potato, Friendly, Born Businesswoman (or other non-evil fortune-related trait) with the Max Business Career LTW

Swan: Mean-Spirited, Hot-Headed, Athletic, Snob, Ambitious - with any Fortune-related LTW, but possibly one to Max Business Career.
Scholar
#17 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Sounds like an Urbz thing to me. Apparently that game still exists. I've had it on my Xbox for 14 years but never managed to play it more than 15 minutes at a time. Very unconventional little game from the "Hollaback Girl" era of street culture.

You're talking about Urbz? Man that game and Sims 2 for PS2,PSP,GBA and DS brings me way back. I have a lot of fond memories playing those games on my PS2 and my handheld consoles and the soundtrack for Urbz is both nostalgic and awesome oh and I forgot to mention the Sims Bustin Out as well. It's right up there with the Sims 1 and 2 soundtracks. I'm not quite sure what you had got against them.
Scholar
#18 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Wouldn't Jennicor have some kind of pleasure-seeking trait? Possibly Childish or the like? Maybe even Party Animal?

Now for the Tricou Teens:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tricou_family
Orion: Slob, Shy or Loner, Athletic, possibly Childish, and he might be a Klepto with some kind of Criminal LTW like Possession is 9/10s of the Law or Criminal Mastermind. He's not particularly evil. You could even switch one of the traits with Grumpy.

Loren: Possibly Party Animal and Mean-Spirited, Hot-Headed, Family-Oriented, and Athletic. LTW would probably be Surrounded by Family.

Tiave: Party Animal, Mean-Spirited, Inappropriate, Klepto, possibly Diva or No Sense of Humour. Criminal LTW.

Patrick: Shy/Loner, Neat, Perfectionist, Klepto, No Sense of Humour. Criminal LTW

Kestrel: Slob, Party-Animal, Couch-Potato, Friendly, Born Businesswoman (or other non-evil fortune-related trait) with the Max Business Career LTW

Swan: Mean-Spirited, Hot-Headed, Athletic, Snob, Ambitious - with any Fortune-related LTW, but possibly one to Max Business Career.

I think this is very accurate based on the descriptions I read.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:35 PM
Thanks - though I think for Patrick and Tiave, I might replace the No Sense of Humour traits with something else since they ARE Pleasure sims after all XD
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Thanks - though I think for Patrick and Tiave, I might replace the No Sense of Humour traits with something else since they ARE Pleasure sims after all XD

Yea I think inapropriate covers the bad jokes part.
Mad Poster
Original Poster