Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:12 PM
Default TS 3 to TS 2 conversion
I'm trying to convert a TS 3 object to TS 2. I've extracted the mesh and the textures and managed to open the mesh up in Milkshape and edit it, but I can't export it as a TS 2 mesh. It tells me Err: no quaternion values stored. I looked that up and it seems to be a problem with bone assignments. I checked a similar TS 2 mesh and the difference seems to be that the TS 3 mesh has a skeleton and the TS 2 one does not. Is there any way to remove the skeleton from the TS 3 mesh or is there another way to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 5:15 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2017 at 6:49 PM.
If it's for a static non-animated object, export as OBJ. You'll be able to import the mesh via the "import" button in the GMDC resource in SimPE.

If it's an animated object, you should extract as OBJ, find a similar animated object in TS2 to clone and then extract the GMDC from (like clothing), open the GMDC in Milkshape, import the OBJ, edit the placement, and reassign the vertices.

If it's clothes, you need a clothing conversion tutorial.

If it's a simple accessory or hair, you can export as OBJ and reassign to a TS2 skeleton.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 5:54 PM
You can also just go into the joints tab, tick Show Skeleton, select all the bones and delete them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:11 AM
Couldn't figure out how to export as OBJ, but managed to delete the skeleton. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:27 PM
There's an option in the "file --> export" panel, called "Wavefront OBJ"