Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Ugly roof cutout issue
See pictures for what I mean.

Is it this way for everyone? Is it a problem with how roofs work that just never was fixed? They looked fine in TS2 no matter what pitch so I somehow can't imagine they screwed it up in the next game...
Or is it something that has to do with graphics or whatever, so that I might be able to fix it by tweaking settings files or something...?

It happens when I change the pit of the roof/roofs. When I place roofs and don't change anything about them, it's fine, so I'd ignore it if I was playing in a house where that works. But the one pictured is driving me nuts. It has a weird shape and I used madaya's roof lights and there's all sorts of ugly things happening if I leave the roofs untouched.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 9:21 PM
That looks like normal behavior. Roofs tend to cut out roof segments "below" them that they think they will be interfering with.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
That looks like normal behavior. Roofs tend to cut out roof segments "below" them that they think they will be interfering with.

Do you just mean that there's part of the roof "cut out", or do you mean the weird shape of the cutout, too? (looking like a bunch of squares rather than a triangle)
Site Helper
#5 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 5:36 PM
That weird shape is part of the cutout. I guess squares are easier than triangles.

Although I notice that your gables are stopping before they get to the roof. If you were to completely redo them so that they go all the way through the roof it might help... Or it might not. As Nitromon mentioned, roofs are tricky.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook