Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 3:07 PM
MODS/CC folder?
Hey, I don't know if I am posting this right but lol whatever, I just gotta quick question.

When I download CC from tsr for example, I put all files in the "Downloads" folder, but some stuff doesn't quite show up as it should, but some stuff do. There is a green plumbob (.sims3pack) and the other files or whatever it is is .zip /.rar , but the only files that seem to work is the .sims3pack, so my question is if I'm doing anything wrong? Should I put the .zip & .rar in the package folder??

Sorry if this sounds confusing in some way, my english hasn't been on top lately lol
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 9:24 AM
I think you would have been better off in the sims 3 help forums, since the sims 3 create forum is meant for CC creators with their CC problems.

Anyway! rar and zip files (and you might find some 7z files as well) are basically... well, sims3packs (or packages) that are still in a 'box'. You could just easily compare it to a box, and in order to get your sims3pack or package, you need to open that box.

Windows and Mac can unpack .zip files by themselves. Though rar files and (if you ever encounter those) 7z files can only be unpacked by an unpacking program. Most people use WinRAR or 7zip. For mac I would use 'The unarchiver'.

After unpacking you can just install the content that you unpacked. If you do encounter package files, don't delete them! It's just another file that requires a different method: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_Package_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I think you would have been better off in the sims 3 help forums, since the sims 3 create forum is meant for CC creators with their CC problems.

Anyway! rar and zip files (and you might find some 7z files as well) are basically... well, sims3packs (or packages) that are still in a 'box'. You could just easily compare it to a box, and in order to get your sims3pack or package, you need to open that box.

Windows and Mac can unpack .zip files by themselves. Though rar files and (if you ever encounter those) 7z files can only be unpacked by an unpacking program. Most people use WinRAR or 7zip. For mac I would use 'The unarchiver'.

After unpacking you can just install the content that you unpacked. If you do encounter package files, don't delete them! It's just another file that requires a different method: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_Package_Files

Thank you so much!