Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#24926 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 10:52 PM
A probably stupid question, but how do you hide something behind a 'spoiler'? I can't find the option.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#24927 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 10:58 PM
[*spoiler]your text [/spoiler*] (remove the stars)

More info
Field Researcher
#24928 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
[*spoiler]your text [/spoiler*] (remove the stars)

More info
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#24929 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 12:12 PM
Custom foods with custom plates. Is there a way to remove the custom plate and make the food use the Maxis plate? I have a couple of foods where I like the food but don't like the plate.

Also, is there a tutorial for adding Freetime enthusiasm game to a pre Freetime object?
Mad Poster
#24930 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 1:47 PM
What is it you do about tombstones that appear in apartments when a neighbor moves in with a tombstone, again? I know I've seen instructions for it but I don't remember for sure.
I think it can just be deleted as long as the real one's safe in the correct apartment. And I have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath anyway. But you understand my hesitation...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#24931 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 4:19 PM
I do not use SimPE (i dunno but i cant open in m computer).. The thing is I created a emptyhood and want to create my own townies (not really care about npc).. can i create in cas and use a mood to turn them into townnies? or this is not good to my game?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Field Researcher
#24932 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 4:21 PM
I personally use SimBlender to make my CAS sims into townies. Others like different mods. As far as I know it's fine to do that, it's just changing their family information.
Instructor
#24933 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
I personally use SimBlender to make my CAS sims into townies. Others like different mods. As far as I know it's fine to do that, it's just changing their family information.

Thank you!!!

My Tumblr =)
Theorist
#24934 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Is there a way to reduce townies? There are too many of them, and the ids for newborns are getting numbers like 600+, is it possible that my game have a number of townies close to it? Specially considering most of them do not die of old age? Should I start a killing spree? Or they will generate more if I kill/delete them?
I had a bug the other day and used "the tomb of life and death" to add my sim to a new family and I had to go through many pages until this sim appeared as it is more recent than those npcs that came w/all EPs.

You can also use a NPC aging mod: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0
NPC age at 6:00 PM each time they appear in a residential or community lot. It's a feature I like because townies age along with my playables. I have the no regen mods so I don't get new townies.
Mad Poster
#24935 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Also, is there a tutorial for adding Freetime enthusiasm game to a pre Freetime object?

Do you mean Maxis objects or CC objects? As in, do you want to create enthusiasm on objects that don't normally have it, or do you want to update updates that should have enthusiasm but don't due to being custom and made prior to FT?

I know I've seen a tutorial, but where is a different matter.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#24936 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 6:50 PM
If you are running a cemetery as an owned lot, using the owner to transfer the graves, will the lot remain as is (without the tombstones moving themselves to the front of the lot or going missing) if the lot is sold back to the community or if ownership is transferred to another sim? And if the lot owner dies (without urns in their inventory, just a normal death) will the cemetery lot ownership transfer properly to another sim in their household?

I had problems with a cemetery last year with tombstones that kept relocating to the phone, but can't recall how I was operating that cemetery and I want to set things up this time so everything runs smoothly.
Instructor
#24937 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 8:51 PM
Sorry guys but i am years without playing ts2 forgot a lot of things.. Can someone explain me how i get that pregnant sims wear CC maternity clothes ? (not as default)
Thank you!??

My Tumblr =)
Mad Poster
#24938 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 9:06 PM
You either need to download clothing that have been set as maternity wear, or you need to download clothing with working pregnancy meshes, along with Squinge's mod to allow pregnant Sims to wear any outfit found here for AL, if you don't have apartment life you'll need to go to one of the other EP forums and get the corresponding version). For pregnancy-compatible outfits I recommend WCIF-forum.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#24939 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 11:33 PM
While designing my Three Lakes-variation of a vacation lot, I can't get that pirate ship out of my mind. After all, a pirate ship would do just fine with the time period I'm working with. The earlier part of the 18th century was part of the Golden Age of Piracy in North America.

But this is a Three Lakes custom hood. Mr. Dregg is Twikkii.

Since I was indeed curious, I stuck the ship in a throwaway main hood (NOT the same one with my test custom vacation hood. If I just screwed up and cooked the hood, that would make me cry real tears after working on it for more than two weeks.) I had my Sim plunder the cabin several times, and while she got the doubloons, she did not see the Captain, which I take is a good thing, since this is not a vacation hood.

Maxis has both the Temple of Jumbok and the pirate ship as content. Presumably content you can put anywhere. But we all know to be wary of the presumption that if Maxis lets you do anything, it's always OK.

So if you stuck the pirate ship in Takimizu or Three Lakes on a community lot, is this going to mess up the vacation hood? Or is the ship safe to play anywhere, Mr. Dregg will be nowhere in sight, and the only place you'll ever see his ghost will be on Twiikii? As soon as I get a chance, I'll run the pirate ship test hood through Hoodchecker to see if there is any reference to the pirate.

If worse comes to worst, I can just nuke the hood where I tested the ship. It is a test hood, after all. That's what they're for. Let me know, please, if ... sigh ... I corrupted my hood somehow. Again.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#24940 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
If you are running a cemetery as an owned lot, using the owner to transfer the graves, will the lot remain as is (without the tombstones moving themselves to the front of the lot or going missing) if the lot is sold back to the community or if ownership is transferred to another sim? And if the lot owner dies (without urns in their inventory, just a normal death) will the cemetery lot ownership transfer properly to another sim in their household?

I had problems with a cemetery last year with tombstones that kept relocating to the phone, but can't recall how I was operating that cemetery and I want to set things up this time so everything runs smoothly.

The lot remain as is if the lot is sold back to the community. I don't know what's happening when the ownership is transferred to another sim though. My previous caretaker was single. He retired aged 65-70 and then donate the lot to the community. I tweaked the cemetery and the new caretaker bought the lot later.
Mad Poster
#24941 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Do you mean Maxis objects or CC objects? As in, do you want to create enthusiasm on objects that don't normally have it, or do you want to update updates that should have enthusiasm but don't due to being custom and made prior to FT?

I know I've seen a tutorial, but where is a different matter.

It is a CC object, but I'd imagine the process would be the same for a Maxis object.
Lab Assistant
#24942 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:57 AM

I had a Sim inherit the local cemetery after his father died of old age. The urns were till there and there didn't seem to be any issues. Although, I have never had any ghosts in that cemetery, so I don't know if there would be a problem there or not.

Now for my stupid/random question... Has anyone had any problems with having children be taught by the vocational podium? I can't seem to get the little ones to actually sit down for the lecture.
Theorist
#24943 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 4:29 AM
Staple the edges of their pants to the chairs. Oh, you mean simmie children, try turning off free will and see if that helps. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#24944 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 4:53 AM
Ha! I love it! I should totally try that. Oh, that doesn't work with the simmies? Darn!

I never turned free will off. Also, the adult sims take their seats just fine, so I don't think that is the problem. Hmm...
Mad Poster
#24945 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 9:55 AM
I'm not sure that the vocational podium is meant to be for children. They may not have been included in it.
Field Researcher
#24946 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 11:57 AM
I'm with Charity, I don't think they're included since they can only earn two badges. Maybe try again when they're teens?
Lab Assistant
#24947 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:53 PM
That's what I was wondering, which is why I wanted to know if others were able to get it to work with children. I could be wrong in that I thought that there were people who used it with children. Or maybe that was with Simlogical's school. Hmm...

I did look in SimPE and saw that there were actions for children and it was enabled for children, but I'm just not sure for what. Could it be that only the few skills and badges that they can earn are the ones that will work? What are they? I tried to teach Sales and Cooking, and both didn't work. I would have thought Cooking would have worked.
Field Researcher
#24948 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 4:17 PM
Kids can learn any of the skills as far as I know, but only can learn fishing and gardening as badges.
Top Secret Researcher
#24949 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 5:31 PM

Just FYI...if you buy and sell back a cemetery there is a known glitch that any new tombstones may not appear in build mode and only in live mode when you play with a sim and send them over to the cemetery. I know this because I just dealt with it I tried sending it to a different lot and back, putting it in their inventory and then placing it where I wanted it...it still wouldn't show up in buy/build mode.

The only thing that fixed it was re-building another cemetery and having a sim move all the tombstones to the new one.
Forum Resident
#24950 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 6:29 PM
Thank you, Essa and icemandeaf, for answering my cemetery question; I feel better about an owned cemetery now. I just wish I could remember what I had done last year so that I don't accidentally do it again. Maybe the problem was with an unowned lot and a glitch with the in-game send to lot option - I did have two cemeteries and only one was owned with a caretaker moving the urns.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 998 of 1000