Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:07 AM
The week has to end on Sunday, since the week begins on Monday.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
ty a lot for answering
i'd prefer to keep the new boolprop option for me to discover
i actually read all of the thread lol

i have a few more questions...
1. New aspiration objects? (i doubt about this...)
2. Are there any new self-interactions?
3. If it woudn't be hard to do it, can you tell me the weekly wage for the new jobs at max level? you can use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled on the newspaper <...>
4. Might sound as a stupid question, but can you make a good resolution screenie of the free time icon?
5. Can you make screenies of some, or if you have a lot of free time, of all 50 new work clothes?
6. Can you tell us more about watching birds? Do they fly allways above the home or only when your sim is birdwatching?
7. If you don't have a top of the range computer/know how to mess up with the game files, can you tell me the new startup strings, or at least the new reticulating splines string??

They are in order from the least to the most important questions.

Ok will try answer some of these..
for Q1. No, no new aspr awards. Just the ones for 'jobs'.
Q2. i have seen two new ones so far, but once again depends on the sims hobby. There is go hiking (for nature) and jogging (for fitness). They can take family members with them on both of those.
Q3. I tried it. But having never done it before, can you explain what i need to do.
Q4. All i can do for you there is take a screen shot of my desktop.
Q5. LOL thats going to take some time..and i will do it. LOL. will get back to this.
Q6. I am really disappointed with that..BUT in saying that it might just be me not looking properly.They can go outside and 'watch birds' but this is all that happens.

From what i have seen, no birds fly over
Q7. I will get back to you on that one, because i haven't watched it.

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:12 AM
Are there any new romantic interactions (like hug, kiss, flirt)?

Is there any easier to make friends with having same hobby?
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbnumber1
Are there any new romantic interactions (like hug, kiss, flirt)?

Is there any easier to make friends with having same hobby?

I haven't noticed any new romantic interactions, no. But will make sure.
And sims with the same hobby are more likley to 'listen' to your playable sim if they have the same hobby. (think it was mentioned) there was an interaction to speak of hobby.

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
I just rang them and they got Free Time this morning. Will be back shortly!

I got mine delivered today from gamestop :D.
Test Subject
#281 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Lols
don't cry
its just a computer game
If you want it tomorrow for sure
Depending if you have a fast internet connection...
Download it from then EA store.

I think it was the fact that I hadn't had dinner and was soaking wet that made me tearful more than the fact that the game wasn't in.

I considered doing the EA download, but I own all the other games with their shiny boxes and manuals, and I like to keep things orderly.

The game sounds awesome! The new hobbies sound extremely interesting. So, reading magazines and looking at things like the koi pond are the best ways to build up enthusiasm for the new hobbies? There's a way to see how much enthusiasm that your particular Sim has for its new hobby at any one time?
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PearlRose
The game sounds awesome! The new hobbies sound extremely interesting. So, reading magazines and looking at things like the koi pond are the best ways to build up enthusiasm for the new hobbies? There's a way to see how much enthusiasm that your particular Sim has for its new hobby at any one time?

It depends on the hobby again. Any sim can use the Koi pond, but its more for the nature hobby sims..make sense?
and yes..there is a kite looking icon, click that and it brings up all the hobbys. The one your sims is intrested in with be a glowish white. The one they are doing will be filling up. (like if they were studying cooking)

my stories:
Something Lost
Mad Poster
#283 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:26 AM
Replying to a post earlier about why there is a toddler table in a hobby lot since you can't take toddlers with you... it's because the toddler table is for kids, too. Kids can use it as well.
Instructor
#284 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:31 AM
Have anyone that has it yet, played with their own already established sims? If any of you have...what did you notice about their hobby enthusiasm? Did they already have high enthusiasm in one hobby? If so, could you tell what influenced the decision (such as interests, or how much time they have already spent on a hobby with old objects and interactions), or was it random?

Dream
#285 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:32 AM
can someone post about the new boolprop cheats and other new cheats. thanks so much.
Mad Poster
#286 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:39 AM
Did you guys read at Snooty's that there is a BBS post with more info from the Prima Guide? Lots of cool new things I learned.
Top Secret Researcher
#287 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:42 AM
I just went today to EB games to preorder it. Should have it by tomorrow or Thursday. Excitement!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Forum Resident
#288 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:30 AM
I am so EXCITED! Alas, I wasn't able to get to a store and check to see if they had it out...I'll probably have to wait until Saturday, when my SATs are over. D; I can't wait that long!

And ooh, I forgot about jogging and hiking! Is that like in Bon Voyage, when they leave the lot and you just get a pop-up telling about what happened? That would be my guess, but it would be incredibly awesome to see your sims actually hiking/jogging. :p
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:38 AM
yeah its kind of like that. But you don't get a pop up saying what happens. THOUGH the sim i was playing at the time that went hiking brushed up against poison ivy and i got a pop up about it.

Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Have anyone that has it yet, played with their own already established sims? If any of you have...what did you notice about their hobby enthusiasm? Did they already have high enthusiasm in one hobby? If so, could you tell what influenced the decision (such as interests, or how much time they have already spent on a hobby with old objects and interactions), or was it random?

Dream

I sort of have, and from what i have seen they come as a blank slate. (though i could be wrong on this)

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#290 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leos_pride
Ok will try answer some of these..
for Q1. No, no new aspr awards. Just the ones for 'jobs'.
Q2. i have seen two new ones so far, but once again depends on the sims hobby. There is go hiking (for nature) and jogging (for fitness). They can take family members with them on both of those.
Q3. I tried it. But having never done it before, can you explain what i need to do.
Q4. All i can do for you there is take a screen shot of my desktop.
Q5. LOL thats going to take some time..and i will do it. LOL. will get back to this.
Q6. I am really disappointed with that..BUT in saying that it might just be me not looking properly.They can go outside and 'watch birds' but this is all that happens.

From what i have seen, no birds fly over
Q7. I will get back to you on that one, because i haven't watched it.

Thanks for answering those LP

For Q3 I'm afraid I'd also need more guidance. I've got testingCheats enabled, but when I click on the newspaper I don't get any other options. Anyone want to give me clue what I'm supposed to do?

Q5. Sorry I don't have the time

Q7. I'm not even sure what that means :P

If anyone else has posted questions or requests and we haven't actually managed to answer them please feel free to post them again as they may have just got lost in this thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#291 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Replying to a post earlier about why there is a toddler table in a hobby lot since you can't take toddlers with you... it's because the toddler table is for kids, too. Kids can use it as well.

Thanks Frankie, I figured that out after the toddler grew up :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#292 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:21 AM
Oh I forgot. As for the weekly goals, still no luck for me. I've played the Aspir family right through to 9am Monday and no pop-ups

Someone asked about the new families being in all the other neighbourhoods...yes, the Cooke and Picaso families are in the bin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#293 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23

Dream

Yeah as LP said, they have a clean slate.

I thought you all might like to see the information box that pops up when you hover over each hobby
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
5. Can you make screenies of some, or if you have a lot of free time, of all 50 new work clothes?

Ok..pwah..its taken me a long time, but i have them...
go from top left to right. then bottom left to right. (they are in order. This goes for all of them. Some are repeated a few times. If you want to know, msg back. I have it written down. Other wise enjoy.)
Intelligence.

Oceanography

Dance

Entertainment

Architecture

(if i have missed one, let me know. Sorry the pics aren't all that clear. I have NO idea how use photoshop and had to use paint.)

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#295 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:41 AM
The last few
Top Secret Researcher
#296 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:43 AM
testingcheats advice- to see the nespaper options you ahve to shift+click on them.

Also there are hobby titles? Could you find out what they all are? Can be done w/ testing cheats by clicking the bar like you were adding personality points. And at what level each thing unlocks.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#297 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
testingcheats advice- to see the nespaper options you ahve to shift+click on them.

Also there are hobby titles? Could you find out what they all are? Can be done w/ testing cheats by clicking the bar like you were adding personality points. And at what level each thing unlocks.

I'll go do the newspaper thing now. Do my last couple of posts answer your query about the unlocks?
Top Secret Researcher
#298 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
I'll go do the newspaper thing now. Do my last couple of posts answer your query about the unlocks?

No, what I wanted to know is not what you can unlock, but when. And what the title is at each level. So basicaly raise any one hobby a level (looks like all the titles are the same), take down title. Also take down if an unlockable becomes selectable, filled in, whatever. Thats what I wanted to know.
Thank you so much!

#299 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:01 AM
thanks for all of those frootloop! you're making it even harder to wait for the game!! =)
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda

I did that. All i was able to do with the careers is pick one

my stories:
Something Lost
Page 12 of 18