Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#4051 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
@grammapat: basically, the global setting should be "use normal maxis" but one of my Sims recently caught her husband with another woman and she didn't got mad. It might be another mod, or maybe because she has romance as secondary aspiration... Dunno, honestly.

I've had a similar problem. I had a Pleasure/Pleasure couple where the husband got jealous. They divorced and he got a Pleasure girlfriend. No jealousy. Then I thought, there was a problem with the settings. I can't recall what it was set to, probably Married Only since he is a Pleasure Sim. But I set it to In Love and still no jealousy. I thought the problem was Dynamic (changing) vs. Static (stays the same), so I changed that. Still nothing. Then I set it to Crush/Static. Still no jealousy. So, I decided he was probably heartbroken by his wife, did not get all that attached to the girlfriend and the "love" he thought he felt for her was fake.

The only thing about the relationship that might have affected it is the Adults Go Steady mod. I had it in. Then took it out -- but it left the "going steady" icon on their relationship. When he did not get jealous, I realized I needed them to "break up." But to do that, I had to put the mod back in. Reinserted the mod, had them argue and break up. Now, they hate each other. I tried to get them to be friends again just to see if he would get jealous, but every time she sees him she beats the crap out of him. So, I'm guessing that relationship is really over and done with.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#4052 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
That "feature" appeared in someone's old legacy, years ago, I don't remember who, it really is hilarious

No problem, I wasn't complaining
I think I thought you "fell asleep" and didn't see the lightening strike. I was probably "half asleep" when I made that comment.
Theorist
#4053 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:13 PM
The children of my poulterer family get taken by the social services because of their bad grades (both got F). Their uncle decided to take them in.
When I tried to move the twins in, the social worker immediately showed up.
I have to set their grades to C with SimPE to make this possible.
Mad Poster
#4054 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:15 PM
I've heard about Sims adopting a child (who was taken away for poor grades) and immediately having the rest of their kids taken away for that. Pretty sure it was fixed in a patch though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#4055 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about punching teddy bear in CAS; I seen it many times. it is actually 3 or less.
similar with other traits; 3 or less for "negative" traits, 7 or more for "positive" traits. 4 through 6, nothing.
and those are Child and older; Toddlers do not do anything.
some other things about this::
-first personality change of the sim does nothing regardless of the trait level.
-for sim to do action for 3 or less, the change would need to be from some higher trait level.
-for sim to do action for 7 or more, the change would need to be from some lower trait level.
Mad Poster
#4056 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:27 AM
The lie detector aspiration reward that all of us now buy because we all have the great mod, can break. I've never seen that before. I'm playing a very large family right now, but no one seems inclined to fix it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#4057 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've heard about Sims adopting a child (who was taken away for poor grades) and immediately having the rest of their kids taken away for that. Pretty sure it was fixed in a patch though.

I'd like to know if that's the case, for sure. I think every time one of my kids have reached Social Worker status, the woman took them all. I was playing Double Deluxe, which I believe is already patched.

Or are you saying that the adopting family lost all their kids to the Social Worker because of the recently adopted kid with poor grades? That I've not seen.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4058 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:17 AM
The adopting family, I mean. I was probably a bit garbled on that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4059 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
You can force an error on and delete the overhead meters that appear when Sims are building a skill, hiding them. They will reappear if you restart the interaction. Good for picture taking, since there inconveniently is no cheat to hide them like there is for the plumbbob.
Mad Poster
#4060 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
You can also use moveobjects on it (or the plumbob itself):

Anyways a discovery: I went to search plumbob but accidentally clicked Wikipedia rather than the Sims wikia. Found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumb_bob

Instructor
#4061 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:42 AM
Yes, but it shows up again immediately after deleting it. Tried it multiple times, with exactly the same result.
Mad Poster
#4062 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Pescado has a fix for that in his sshack.
Mad Poster
#4063 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:53 AM
Anyways, a discovery: I really love Merola's Time Control Clock. I usually slow it down to around 50% in the mornings so Sims don't have to get up at 5:30 to have a decent breakfast before the school buses come.

Inventor
#4064 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:23 AM
Just found out right-clicking a Sim selects them. I've always clicked on their icons to the left or used the space bar to do that. It would explain how a youtuber was able to select his/her Sims quickly as they were participating in some farting contest. If you look up "Sims 2 fart" you'll find the Fart Attack video I'm referring to. XD

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Forum Resident
#4065 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:50 AM
Took out my downloads folder to build in my test hood, and it's been so long since I've built without CC that I forgot how few slots are on vanilla sims furniture. Why have all those shelves if you can't put anything on them?!
Theorist
#4066 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:08 PM
I have a child support mod in my game. Both parents have to pay for each child.
My poulterer family is left with 12 simflouz.
Mad Poster
#4067 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:20 PM
@Ihate: if you like Merola's clock for your game, you'll really love this one:
Chris Hatch's global hack that is based on the clock: http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...73-Time-Control

I guarantee you'll never go back to the normal game speed again.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4068 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:57 PM
I made elders in CAS the other day, and I noticed for the first time this really odd pose.... They were standing there together in the family portrait part with their hands crossed at the wrist, but in reality one wrist was sinking in another! It looked so odd.
Forum Resident
#4069 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Chris Hatch's global hack that is based on the clock: http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...73-Time-Control

@FranH, I downloaded the mod but I can't find it in the catalog or see any other way to activate it. Do I need to have Merola's clock, too?

Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4070 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

I've seen that, but heard it clashes pretty badly with some things. The only one that comes to mind is the community lot time thing, which I don't use.

Mad Poster
#4071 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:27 AM
Actually, it doesn't clash with anything beyond the CLT thing that I have ever seen. I've been using it for a very, very long time and it's never given me problems-and I have every single hack you can think of in my downloads folder, except for inteen, which I refuse to use. Have no idea if it would clash with that, so I can't say it won't.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Theorist
#4072 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:31 PM
@FranH
Are you saying you're also using CLT? I'd be interested by that clock too but I'm wary.

When pregnant sims get a job, a pop-up says they should wait a few days before heading to work. It will be easier after the baby birth (or something along the lines, I play in French).
Mad Poster
#4073 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 4:54 PM
I am not using the CLT mod. I know it will clash badly with the 'half-speed' mod, much as I'd like to. I have to sternly remind myself of this fact every time I get the hankering to put CLT back in the game...

Mad Poster
#4074 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:20 PM
I wasn't playing, but I had a brainstorm last night while waiting to fall asleep, and I think I've solved a long-standing mystery about routing protocols - why they sometimes divert from a straight-line closer goal to a much, much further one, only to come back again. It's about doors!

I was thinking about a diner I've put into Knotthole County, in which the restrooms are only accessible from outside the building. I did this as part of a design intended to prevent the staff from washing dishes in the bathrooms instead of using the dishwasher in the kitchen, by ensuring that the dishwasher was much closer to the dining area than the restroom sinks were. And yet, in playtest, they always take the plates to the restroom. They aren't just going to the nearest dishwashing place - since the kitchen is separate from the diner, and moreover has a service area that's fenced off and accessible through a gate, they're going through the nearest portal that has a sink behind it, which is the entrance door they have to walk past in order to get to the service area and kitchen! To solve this problem, I'll need to put the entrance at the far end of the building from the restroom, and either remove the gate or put the dishwasher in the service area.

This should also explain why, when there's dining tables inside and outside, sims will sometimes serve a couple of meals at the indoor table, go outside, set one or two plates at the exterior table, then come back inside to finish setting the table. It's because the tables are set up so that the advertising or whatever on the exterior door extends across the tables. So the sim comes out of the kitchen, sets the plates between the kitchen door and the exterior door going in the standard (I think clockwise?) direction, trips over the information: "Door with dining table beyond," sets out the plates between the intersection points of the line of the door, encounters the information again, and comes inside. If sims go upstairs to the bathroom counter to prepare food, there's probably a door between the refrigerator and the nearest kitchen counter in the direction the sim turns after taking the food out.

This all needs testing, but I'm sure I'm right.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4075 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This all needs testing, but I'm sure I'm right.

Yes, I think you're right- but more specifically, it's about portals rather than just doors. Stairs count as portals too.
Page 163 of 445