Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4101 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:49 PM
On a somewhat similar note, I recall in Hazelton one of my Sims always putting out an extra plate of food. It confused me for the longest time until I realized there was a sentrybot outside. (Llama mascots also cheer at it, and it might sneeze in the springtime.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4102 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I remember I discovered Ctrl+F because of TS3 – when the game was loading for ages it used to show random tips, and one of them was that shortcut for diagonal floor tiles. At some point after seeing it I decided to try i in TS2 and it worked too, I tend to use it quite often, much more convenient than dividers (which only let you have half of a square by the way, not a quarter like the shortcut).
Pets Prima Guide confirms that keyboard shortcut.

edit:: about Home Crafter; my version has 1x1, 2x2, and 5x5. no others.
Mad Poster
#4103 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Found this happening a while, so it's not "today", but... i discover this habit of sims taking another plate they served for the household right after finishing their OWN plate. Now that smells like a buggy feature to me.

You mean still being hungry after finishing their own plate and eating the next person's meal? My sims do that all the time. If the other person ignored my come to meal call then they can get their own meal later lol.
Mad Poster
#4104 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:48 PM
Not sure If it's due to good witchness alligment or has serious personality points, but I had this female sim reading a book while walking. That's something new.
Theorist
#4105 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 4:58 PM
During hail, sims lose comfort and energy if they're outside.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4106 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 5:17 PM
Not sure If it's due to good witchness alligment or has serious personality points, but I had this female sim reading a book while walking. That's something new.

Isn't that just the knowledge sim idle (FT) gesture? Irritates the crap out of me every so often.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4107 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 5:32 PM
It is the film and literature hobby gesture - any aspiration sim can do it. (I like the hobby animations - in my big hood, and on Uni, you can easily see who has to talk about what to whom).
Mad Poster
#4108 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:09 PM

Not witchiness - my self-Sim does it every so often. Does she have a high enthusiasm in film and literature?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4109 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:24 PM
6 points or somewhere along the lines .
Inventor
#4110 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:01 PM
Found this happening a while, so it's not "today", but... i discover this habit of sims taking another plate they served for the household right after finishing their OWN plate. Now that smells like a buggy feature to me.

That's not new for me. In restaurants especially, I've seen Sims deliberately take another Sim's meal from their own table and eat it elsewhere. That's happened to my Sim at least once before, which meant I had to order another item off the menu. -.-

Although I have a mod that prevents idle animations related to certain hobbies, I can still remember most if not all of them. The reason I have the mod is some of the animations took too long, like the Rubik's sphere for science hobbyists (why didn't they make a Rubik's plumbob?).

Every time a Sim whistles one of the buy mode songs from the original Sims, the remainder of that song inevitably plays in my head. It's this song in case you're wondering: https://youtu.be/Mtf7pocKg-E?t=29m55s

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4111 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:35 PM
I had a bad, but different experence when dining out a restaurant. My sim on date still had to pay for the service even tho we left the table before the slow waiter could serve it -_-
Mad Poster
#4112 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 1st Oct 2017 at 8:59 PM.
Sometimes, if the wrong deco object is on a table, the food will just disappear. You'll have to pay for it anyways.

Discovery: There's a list of the telescope shovers on this page:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Telescope#The_Sims_2

Mad Poster
#4113 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What do you mean by "restriction borders?" I've always been able to put fences along the property line.

I meant foundation. Like next to the foundation narrow side, there's stairs and awning railing, but no fence "connecting" that awning railling. I probably could have cheat to overpass the restriction, but I was too lazy to type it in. I just went with it. Might upload a picture of it later whenever I edit this comment.

P.S. Wait did I call it "awning"? Silly me with english, I meant those stair handles of small stairs, lol. You know, those things where people can grap onto them to reduce risk of falling out of the stairs. :P
Alchemist
#4114 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
discovered over the weekend:: in base game's Body Shop, randomizing seems to not affect facial features; in Nightlife's, randomizing does.
Forum Resident
#4115 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
discovered over the weekend:: in base game's Body Shop, randomizing seems to not affect facial features; in Nightlife's, randomizing does.

Is my game supposed to have more than one Body Shop? I've only opened it a couple times but could never figure out how it was different from CAS, except that I could save the Sim and use it again for another game.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Alchemist
#4116 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:01 PM
the base game one was in AnyGameStarter.
Nightlife one was the full game.
Mad Poster
#4117 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:02 PM
Body Shop is also used for making clothes, has a few more slider options than an unmodded CAS, and also can convert Sims to young adults and back again unlike CAS.

Scholar
#4118 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:06 PM
It’s much easier to create sims in Body Shop, especially with free camera (you activate it with F3 and use with left, right, or both mouse buttons pressed at once). It’s convenient they stand still like mannequins.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#4119 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:13 PM
F3; have not used that keyboard button in any version of Create-A-Sim.
it for sure works in Body Shop.
Mad Poster
#4120 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:13 PM
SIMElissa, Bodyshop was updated with each EP, so yes, you'll have multiple bodyshops. Always use the one for the same EP you'd use for booting the game.

If I'm not mistaken, you can work on all the CAS elements - genetics, hairstyles, accessories (but not jewelry; BS is weird about jewelry), and make up - in Bodyshop, though you can't mesh there. But I've never tried any of that so I could be wrong.

The biggest drawbacks to Bodyshop, from my perspective, are that you can't breed sims in them as you can in CAS, and the vanilla interface is dark and difficult for me to make out details in. The lighting is moddable; the breeding issue, however, plus my preference for cartoony faces without much subtlety, means I do most of my own creating in CAS, and if I need to have sims saved for some reason I generally build them in CAS, export them, and clone them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4121 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:14 PM
I meant Body Shop not CAS I edited my post.

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4122 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:19 PM
I actually find it much easier to create sims in CAS especially with all the new sliders. The light is so much better in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4123 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:28 PM
breeding; that seems to be more Create-A-Family than Create-A-Sim.
Mad Poster
#4124 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:50 PM
I didn't name the thing, mdsb. I don't remember the last time I made a single sim in CAS. I always make families. They're more fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4125 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:05 AM
So we’re different with respect to creating sims, Peni; I like starting with a single sim and then gradually build a family (which is a very slow process as I play slowly), and I do care about subtle face details, sometimes a single click matters

Simblr
Page 165 of 442