Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Putting a custom world into the game??
Okay, I've searched and found tutorials about putting worlds into the games as sims3packs and tutorials about bypassing the launcher and all that BUT, the problem is it's a world I edited in CAW. It was someone else's world that I didn't like the routing for so I fixed it. The saved world is a .world file so I'm not sure how to get it installed into my game. I feel like maybe it's as easy as moving it to the folder in The Sims 3 folder called Installed Worlds but I also feel like that doesn't actually install it, it just moves it. So can anyone help me with this? For this world I have *CustomWorldName*.world and *CustomWorldName*.settings if either of those are important information.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:46 PM
You will need to open CAW again and chose "Select world for export" from the navigation menu. This will compile the caw version into a playable version which is saved in your EA user directory (same where the library folder and your mods folder and the screenshots folder are) into the folder "Exports", It will be a sims3pack with the name you gave your world.

For exporting the world from CAW it needs a name, a description and a thumbnail which your world probably already has because you just edited a finished world. Here is a walkthrough for CAW: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...g_Sims_3_Worlds
To read about exporting a world, scroll down to "Playing Your World" section.
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 8:37 PM
Not sure about CAW, but if you're installing a world without the Launcher, you need to move the .world file to this path:

[installation drive] \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 \ GameData \ Shared \ NonPackaged \ Worlds

Moving it to the Installed Worlds folder hasn't always worked for me, while this has.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!