Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:22 AM
Default Hair linking tool?
I've got some sims store hairs that aren't linked together properly from age group to age group, and some that aren't custom when they clearly should be. Like purple and black hair. Is there a tool or SimPE plugin out there that'll let me link them together properly and possibly label the ones as custom that should be custom?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:48 AM
Cat's hair binning tool works for custom hairs: http://ww2.modthesims.info/d/434016

There are ways to fix hairs in SimPE too - you can family hairs by copying the "family" line for one hair over to the other colors and ages, and bin them with the "hairbin" line (or some such) - it's the line with a lot of zeros and a number between 1-5 (1 black, 2 brown, 3 blonde, 4 red, 5 grey - if I remember correctly. Custom hairs have random lines in the same space). No need for a plugin, just a good enough tutorial.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:56 AM
Yeah I looked at that, but it had no option for linking them between age groups, and no option to put the hair into the custom bin. Even if it would just let me make the hairs properly custom that'd be a great help, but it doesn't.

The only problem is, these hairs have same number for each age group, and there are more than four should be custom hairs in each file. I've done it before by carefully juggling them around and then using body shop to make them custom.... But that took me months and I don't have the time I used to, nor access to the files on the broken hard drive. Not to mention I've totally forgotten what kind of tutorial to look up.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:37 AM
Linking them between age groups is the "family" line in SimPE.

For the custom bin you just need to randomize a number with the inbuilt hash generator in SimPE.

If you want to make a hair truly custom, the easiest way is usually to make a recolor of it in Bodyshop. Works best if the mesh is separate, so I'm not sure if this is the best idea if the hair is bundled up with the mesh like they usually are for Store content.

If there are more than one hair per age, it's often because the hair has a hat, and shows a different hairstyle for sleep/swim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:01 PM Last edited by MuletotheFoxxes : 26th Jul 2016 at 6:09 AM.
I looked in my files last night. Luckily as far as my sanity with fixing them is concerned, the only one I had on disc was the Asian hair. For each hair there is an adult, child, and teen file, inside of those files are four to eight hairs none of which have hats. Adult stage always has one extra for the gray hair. Let's try just linking the family with one of the ones that has four each... Well that seems to have worked. I'll try the hash generator later, thanks.

And I'll save a backup this time. :p

Edit: That's not working. I can link them all together but that's it. I could even make three different links of them together, but trying to change the hairtone value to anything but red, blond, brown or black makes it just not show up in game.