Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 3:27 AM
I played earlier today with my 1.67 update and I didn't have any problems with my game. My sim kids are sleeping in their beds, my sims are living, eating, doing glitches, just the same. *Knocks on wood* I haven't had an issue...yet.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 4:18 AM
It's nice to see they finally fixed everything that is wrong with this game.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#53 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 1:14 PM
*LOL* I have to play several hours to get it to happen now and then if I reload the game its gone.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Instructor
#54 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 12:19 AM
After much debate I decided to update to 1.67 today just waiting now for it to download I have slow connection :P

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#55 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:59 AM
Does anyone know if the updated awesomemod will still work with 1.63? Because I really don't want to update but I don't want to play without it either Why did it have to expire?!
#56 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:19 AM
About to update now so I can upload some new builds here - and may the Sim Lords have mercy on my soul
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rulue
Does anyone know if the updated awesomemod will still work with 1.63? Because I really don't want to update but I don't want to play without it either Why did it have to expire?!

As far as I know, AwesomeMod is a core mod that goes with the latest patch. So if it's updated to 1.67 you must be patched to use it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#58 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

I do so hope you're joking.

Hee hee. Gotcha, Nysha. (Yes, I did!)
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:04 PM
So, does it worth it installing this patch? I should look for all the mods that need to be reinstalled....
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#60 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paola2
So, does it worth it installing this patch? I should look for all the mods that need to be reinstalled....
As far as I know all mods compatible with 1.66 should be compatible with 1.67, too, except for core mods. But most of these have been updated already. As regards the question of whether it's worth it, well, all further development of mods will be based on 1.67, so sooner or later you'd have to install this patch unless you don't mind playing with old mods.
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 9:24 PM
Maybe it's coincidence, but ever since getting this patch, my Sim couple that are in the future cannot be played. The game crashes seconds in. I've put a lot of hours into this Sim and his wife, and I'm going to be enraged if I'm permanently out of luck here. I've even tried making them rush home and back to the present, but it just crashes anyway. Other neighborhoods work just fine, though I'm scared to send them to the future. I'm nearly to the point of uninstalling the game, as I'm sick of waiting through tons of loading times only for the game to say "Kiss your hours goodbye!" and have a reason yet another Sim can't be played anymore. I could rant and rave about rage and being upset at my hours played being flushed, but..

Has anyone else encountered similar since the patch? Is there a fix? Is there a way to instantly send my Sims home somehow? Or should I just once again hit the delete town button and accept that all my work is yet again gone?

Brief specs: Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD 5450 video card but I keep the settings on low, 90+ gigs hard drive space free, and I'm using absolutely zero mods (because using them has caused similar game-apocalypse results and I'm a bit exasperated for now)
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 9:51 PM
As babele44 indicated only a few core mods were not compatible with 1.67. Have you gone through your mods to make sure that have all been updated? The patch should really not be causing the problems you are encountering. You might have forgotten about one of your mods.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#63 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enterthehat
Maybe it's coincidence, but ever since getting this patch, my Sim couple that are in the future cannot be played. The game crashes seconds in. I've put a lot of hours into this Sim and his wife, and I'm going to be enraged if I'm permanently out of luck here. I've even tried making them rush home and back to the present, but it just crashes anyway. Other neighborhoods work just fine, though I'm scared to send them to the future. I'm nearly to the point of uninstalling the game, as I'm sick of waiting through tons of loading times only for the game to say "Kiss your hours goodbye!" and have a reason yet another Sim can't be played anymore. I could rant and rave about rage and being upset at my hours played being flushed, but..

Has anyone else encountered similar since the patch? Is there a fix? Is there a way to instantly send my Sims home somehow? Or should I just once again hit the delete town button and accept that all my work is yet again gone?

Brief specs: Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD 5450 video card but I keep the settings on low, 90+ gigs hard drive space free, and I'm using absolutely zero mods (because using them has caused similar game-apocalypse results and I'm a bit exasperated for now)
When World Adventures was released it became sort of a rule to never patch while your family is on vacation because it can lead to all sorts of problems - crashes, missing UI, broken Sims etc. I don't know whether this still applies with regard to ITF but my guess is that this is one of the causes for your problems. The only suggestion I have is to go back to a previous save when your Sims are at home in the present.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
As far as I know all mods compatible with 1.66 should be compatible with 1.67, too, except for core mods. But most of these have been updated already. As regards the question of whether it's worth it, well, all further development of mods will be based on 1.67, so sooner or later you'd have to install this patch unless you don't mind playing with old mods.

I'm staying at 1.63 for now. Once the absolute last and final patch has been released, and all of the mods on which I rely have been updated to work with that absolute last and final patch, only then will I patch again.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:17 AM
As a person who recently started patching /at all/ (I never ever ever ever ever patched my game) and then quickly stopped patching at 1.63: Nope.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM
Right after I patched my game a couple of months ago, my game quit working. It will load up to my save game, but it immediately crashes. All my mods are up to date though, so I don't know what's wrong. If I take out all the mods though even with all of my CC still in it works fine.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 7:31 PM
I think it's time to start banning people for necro-ing threads.
Alchemist
#68 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smurfsims646
Right after I patched my game a couple of months ago, my game quit working. It will load up to my save game, but it immediately crashes. All my mods are up to date though, so I don't know what's wrong. If I take out all the mods though even with all of my CC still in it works fine.

http://www.modthesims.info/announce...ouncementid=146
Site Helper
#69 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 9:40 PM
If you are having trouble with your game, try this link: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

The steps in there have often done a wonderful job of identifying the problem and allowing it to be fixed with no need to necro a thread for the problems.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Space Pony
#70 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 1:22 PM
Sorry for the necro, but it beats starting a newer thread.

Anyhoo, so it's sure looking like patch 1.67 is the last patch for the game... but is it?

And if it is, I do hope the modders will be able to fully clean up all the mess EA's staff has left in the game for good :D
Field Researcher
#71 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Anyhoo, so it's sure looking like patch 1.67 is the last patch for the game... but is it?

Probably. EA will most likely want to focus on patching the Sims 4 from now on.
Space Pony
#72 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
Probably. EA will most likely want to focus on patching the Sims 4 from now on.

Kind of like how they just up & left TS2 in the dark after TS3 came out.
Scholar
#73 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Kind of like how they just up & left TS2 in the dark after TS3 came out.

Seems that way, EA is just so shamelessly greedy.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Space Pony
#74 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 1:48 PM
At least the community has several great modders who can pick up the slack.

It's just a shame though that the greatest of 'em all (Twallan) has already retired. We definitely need his expertise to really clean the game up right about now.
Page 3 of 3