Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue Wave
I'll tell ya what... that happened to me, and it was so frustrating because I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I even put a statue in there with an environment score of 10... not even that worked! Thennn I took my sprinklers out that I had in there. That was what finally did the trick for me. I think my sims were getting wet while gardening, and they didn't like it. So I'll ask you... do you have any sprinklers in your greenhouse? Try taking them out if you do. :howdy:

your sprinklers might be broken. they do that. its SUPER annoying.

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Advertisement
#27 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:04 PM
How can you put your fruits in the fridge? I can't seem to find out.
Stupid people are stupid
#28 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lina
How can you put your fruits in the fridge? I can't seem to find out.
Use the option 'stock'. If you are using a custom fridge, the option might not be there, in that case use a maxis fridge.
Instructor
#29 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:22 PM
Info for the juicer:

You can use your vegetables and fruits to make juices, buy clicking "stock" on the juicer, and transfering over the fruit and veg. You can then choose a juice type to make. if the produce was "mouthwatering" quality then the juices have special effects.

(I don't know the combinations or effects sorry)

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Forum Resident
#30 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue Wave
I could be wrong, but I think the fruits and veggies are only used in making juices with the juicer.

You can stock the fridge with fruits and veggies- it doesn't give you any options for new meals (only fish do that as far as I know) but it does designate the other meals (custom and standard) as fresh/more satifying.
Stupid people are stupid
#31 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
Info for the juicer:

You can use your vegetables and fruits to make juices, buy clicking "stock" on the juicer, and transfering over the fruit and veg. You can then choose a juice type to make. if the produce was "mouthwatering" quality then the juices have special effects.

(I don't know the combinations or effects sorry)

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=35952
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#32 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:54 PM
Anyone know what skill is connected to the gardening badges?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
Cheeseisgood, if you go to the first page of this thread, I've listed how to make the different juices and the effects they can have (especially if the juice is made with the mouthwater variety of produce).
#34 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:53 PM
Umm ... wow. You're an angel HP!! This thread has big time helped me and my Sims in gardening.

Thanks!
ben
#35 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:48 PM
Thanks. I dont understand the sprinklers though. I played a family with a greenhouse and sprinklers, and they planted tomatoes, but they still needed to be watered. Or was it just the option that showed up anyway? (Im not sure I trust the sprinklers...)
Scholar
#36 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 5:10 AM
What are the different things that can be planted as my sims gain gardening badges?
Bronze Badge: Strawberries and Cucumber
Silver Badge: Pole Beans, Pepper and Eggplant
Gold Bage: Talk to plants interaction

What are all the options on the Wishing Well?
I'll tell you tomorrow :D

Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
Thanks. I dont understand the sprinklers though. I played a family with a greenhouse and sprinklers, and they planted tomatoes, but they still needed to be watered. Or was it just the option that showed up anyway? (Im not sure I trust the sprinklers...)
I've used sprinklers in a composted ground and my plants where thriving after a couple of days even when the only thing my sim did was tend them, I'm still not sure of the way the timing works but I noticed something tricky... You have to use "Top Down View" in Buy/Build mode to see the exact area of effect.

EDIT: After posting this I played for some time and realized that the "water" option always shows up, but when the "water many" option shows up it means that some plants really need some water
Instructor
#37 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 3:44 PM
You can have a garden in the winter without a greenhouse. I just did this. I had my PlantSim plant tomatoes at the end of autumn. It seemed like that the plants took more work to keep them thriving than it did in the summer, but they were definitely alive and thriving. Just pay attention to them since it is really hard to see if they need watering or tending when they are covered in snow.

My sim harvesting his thriving winter tomatoes! LOL!

Dream
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:53 AM
Okay this might be an idiotic question but, How do you place greenhouse doors on greenhouse walls? Please!

-Elle
Scholar
#39 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:11 AM
What are all the options on the Wishing Well?
Wish for friends:
Three random sims spawned with a lifetime and daily relationships metters at 55. Maybe it's a casuality but the sim that made the wish needed three more friends in order to be promoted at her job

Wish for money:
A bag of simoleons fell from the sky and 1000 simoleons were awarded from the bag.

Wish for romance:
A sim with a lifetime and daily relationship meter at 75 fell from the sky and kissed (tenderly) the sim who made the wish

Drink: It has no special effect, just like drinking water from a sink

NOTE 1: After using the wishing well (To make a wish) it could not be used by any sim in the house for five game hours
NOTE 2: The sim that made the wishes had the aspiration meter just a little above negative (almost red)

Quote: Originally posted by Hyperkitty21
Okay this might be an idiotic question but, How do you place greenhouse doors on greenhouse walls? Please!
The same way you place a normal door in a normal wall, Keep in mind that it's imposible to place anything in "Pleasant Earth Dirt" so leave at least one free space for the door
#40 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:48 AM
OK, so I just got my wishing well and just tried for money and nothing happened. My Sim was at gold level. Does it sometimes just not work?
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:00 AM
Could be I have missed it. (poor reading on my part perhaps) But my sims can also make strawberry/lemon juice. They go in to platinum when they drink that.

Jeanine
Scholar
#42 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:03 AM
great source of info..got a question though are you supposed to ge ther wishing well the first time you have them look at your garden and get a high score (both families got over 800) but i cant find it anywhere and there was nothign said like if i got somthing else insted...and so far didnt get anythign the second time around either for one of teh familys oh and its not showing up due to hack s or anythign liek that (and i checked both the aspirtion rewards and teh job rewads area..there another one i dont know about...and sorry if i shoudlnt post this here)
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina

and yea the option shows anyways plus ive noticed that you can even over water your plants and they will go a bit brown and look like water is dripping from them as well, with a drop in their health until they dry up a bit

Quote: Originally posted by Hyperkitty21

-Elle

you must build the wall first that you want you door to go on (just like normal walls and doors) then choose the door in the same catelougue area and place it on that wall section...i hope i was clear its late and my brain is gettign fuzzy

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#43 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:12 AM
Here's how to avoid a zero environment score for the whole garden...
Use low fences(those sims can step over) around your vegetables, this will prevent your veggies from lowering the environment score on the whole outside - Then you can tend/fix the problems when you feel like it! :Pimp:

Life's a game, so let's play!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:21 AM
Thanks a lot!

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Scholar
#45 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vinsjewel
OK, so I just got my wishing well and just tried for money and nothing happened. My Sim was at gold level. Does it sometimes just not work?
I tried each option once so can't tell you exactly what happened, maybe it's because of some hack. I tried once with each option and it turned out pretty well, you should try again after five game hours and if nothing happens try with a clean download folder (No custom content installed) or at least remove all hacks
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:19 PM
I think I've caught up with all the tips and tricks mentioned up to this point. Thanks very much to everyone who's helped add info - I think we've got a great document going!

Two questions:

Can fruits and veggies be sold as fresh produce as part of an Open for Business store?

Does anyone know the exact recipe for the strawberry/lemon (platinum aspiration) juice mentioned by missmontignac?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#47 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:48 PM
thejarviclan...ill take a look but im pretty sure i looked there otherwise i have no idea why i dont have one hmm

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#48 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I think I've caught up with all the tips and tricks mentioned up to this point. Thanks very much to everyone who's helped add info - I think we've got a great document going!

Two questions:

Can fruits and veggies be sold as fresh produce as part of an Open for Business store?

Does anyone know the exact recipe for the strawberry/lemon (platinum aspiration) juice mentioned by missmontignac?

You just drag the veggies out and put them up for sale on a display.

Strawberry lemonade= 2 strawberry, 3 lemons (X6 to serve).

Edit: some disagreement on quantity. Game guide says 3X..then it says 2X. Other gamers claim it's 6X. I've got to try this out later.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#49 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:33 PM
ok now im really confussed because i just played and i ha dthem inspect my garden yet again and she got 947 now surely that would give a reward right? but no no where can i find the darn thing not in any ones inventory at all not on the lot not in anyones aspiraion or career wards i looked all over the catelogue where the heck is it lol..for some reason can plant people not get it or what cause this is getting silly lol (and no other reward like money was given either)

Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Two questions:

I'm not sure how much strawberry's and lemons are necesary. I had that in my inventory and I stocked up the juicer. And this option was available. I tried this juice several times and every time they got platinum aspiration. If they already have platinum then it has no effect. (I think) I haven't got much time to play the game yet.

I'm also curieus, can you open a fruit and veggie store?

Jeanine
Page 2 of 6